Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3: Ten Million and Counting

Comments

• RazperilRazperil Member Posts: 289
    Originally posted by Psychow
    Originally posted by Chrisbox
    Sold ten million, less than 100,000 still playing.

I just checked Skyrim on Steam. Only 62k played today. I guess that mean Skyrim sucks...right? 

Apparenlty single player/co-op games are supposed to have the same player retention as MMOs. There's no possible way that the silent majority played the game, beat the game, enjoyed the game and then moved on to the next game in their game library. Nope...they all just rage quit because the game is bad.

I wonder how many other games sold 10 million copies. Or even 8 million...and I wonder if they are all still being played.  

That is SOOOOOO Different.  First off, the majority plays skyrim on xbox, or off steam.  This is also a single player RPG, replayability is not a main concern for it.  BUT now when were talking about diablo, made by the company BLIZZARD.  I mean its a total failure, it really is.  I sunk hours upon hours upon hours like many others into diablo 2 and just signing into diablo 3 gives me a bad taste in my mouth.  In conclusion, diablo 3 is a game that should be getting played, comparing is to skyrim is a really really weak and bad example. 

Team Fortress 2 is free. It's the #1 or #2 most played game on Steam. Steam has 4.2 million gamers currently on-line. Only 64k players are playing TF2. I guess TF2 sucks. 

QQ more if you must. Haters usually do. Why don't you go to ALL the other games you dislike and post crap on their forums. Or is it just Blizzard you feel the hate for. Games too hard for you? Did you get laughed at for being a baddie?

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Why don't you stop trying to run your fanboi crap down peoples throats about it being such a great game. If it's good for you, great, good for you!

The only person that I see that continues to post crap on the forums is you. So do us all a favor that don't like the game for whatever reason we don't, and go back to playing those 200+ hours and "still" going strong. At least that way we don't have to read your drivel.

• chefdiablochefdiablo Member Posts: 202

I play a lot of different games but I do not buy everything that is out there. I try to choose games I might like and often try them out well before parting with my cash.

Many of my friends however seem to buy everything that is marketed and hyped. D3 was one of those titles. They played the game hard for about three weeks and then it all came to an end. Quietly.

I think people need to start becoming much more critical of the games before purchase. The industry is only going to plateau as long as a majority of the consumers keep buying everything.

• chefdiablochefdiablo Member Posts: 202

Originally posted by Elderknight
    D3 rocks 800+ hrs played with the rmah paid for my next 3 games from blizzard.

Not to be too sarcastic but if you worked a 40 hour work week for the same amount of time you could buy a lot more than 3 games.

...Just a thought.

• revy66revy66 Member Posts: 464
    Originally posted by Razperil
    *snip*

That is SOOOOOO Different.  First off, the majority plays skyrim on xbox, or off steam.  This is also a single player RPG, replayability is not a main concern for it.  BUT now when were talking about diablo, made by the company BLIZZARD.  I mean its a total failure, it really is.  I sunk hours upon hours upon hours like many others into diablo 2 and just signing into diablo 3 gives me a bad taste in my mouth.  In conclusion, diablo 3 is a game that should be getting played, comparing is to skyrim is a really really weak and bad example. 

Team Fortress 2 is free. It's the #1 or #2 most played game on Steam. Steam has 4.2 million gamers currently on-line. Only 64k players are playing TF2. I guess TF2 sucks. 

QQ more if you must. Haters usually do. Why don't you go to ALL the other games you dislike and post crap on their forums. Or is it just Blizzard you feel the hate for. Games too hard for you? Did you get laughed at for being a baddie?

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Why don't you stop trying to run your fanboi crap down peoples throats about it being such a great game. If it's good for you, great, good for you!

The only person that I see that continues to post crap on the forums is you. So do us all a favor that don't like the game for whatever reason we don't, and go back to playing those 200+ hours and "still" going strong. At least that way we don't have to read your drivel.

Except if you read his post, his arguement is pretty good. If you have nothing better to say other than "stop posting!!!1" then you better don't.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Not sure I would be excited about that number.  The game certainly did not live up to the Diablo name.   I was playing Diablo II almost until III came out, stopped playing III about 3 weeks after release.  Tried it again today and only managed about 30 minutes play before I could not stand it anymore.

Just a very poor game and not worthy of the Blizzard name.

Amazing how the prior games in the series can lead to so many trying the new game.  Bet Blizzard won't have such success with a Diablo IV because Diablo III is going to leave a foul taste in most people's mouths.

I cannot fathom anyone coming here and saying Diablo III is a good game.  All I can say is you have really weird tastes.

• sonicbrewsonicbrew Member UncommonPosts: 515
    All the people that have been in my gaming circle for over 35 years and hardcore Diablo fans to boot think it sucks. I would honestly like my money back. Screw Blizzard and anything else they ever make. Yea, 10 million farmers with an approved AH, yay!

“Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.” ~ Italian proverb   

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423
    Originally posted by sonicbrew
    All the people that have been in my gaming circle for over 35 years and hardcore Diablo fans to boot think it sucks. I would honestly like my money back. Screw Blizzard and anything else they ever make. Yea, 10 million farmers with an approved AH, yay!

Generalizing people is fun!

• SorkSupremeSorkSupreme Member Posts: 9
    Originally posted by TheHavok

Lol, you're going hard for Blizzard. You must be on the payroll.

• sammandarsammandar Member Posts: 523
    Originally posted by waynejr2
    Originally posted by sammandar
    It always never ceases to amaze me how we continue to judge the quality of a game by how many copies it sells. Just because something sells very well does not make it worth the purchase.

What should be measured?  The feelings radiating from game forums?

We live in a world where things get measured and that information is used for further purposes.   Kids who went to school where trying gets you an A in a class might not be able to deal with the real world.

I'm not saying that numbers do not matter. But if someone says, well D3 sold 10 million copies, it must be good, would be the same as saying, well 50 Shades of Grey sold 31 million copies, it must be good. Number of copies sold in no way reflect quality, they may reflect the ability to sell, or the desire to purchase, but not quality.

I don't know what should be measured, I'm not a gaming expert; I'm just a gamer who enjoys playing games, that's all. One single person can be wrong just as much as 100 million people can be wrong. I won't bother with examples to back up my argument, I think it's easy enough to take a quick look history and you'll easily find many instances where the masses were dead wrong (in some cases even literally).

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729

Hows that sunshine feeling?

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• It's all opinion, but I love the game and still play at least an hour a day. I was never able to beat D1 and D2, except on easiest difficulty. With the AH ,I was able to buy the gear to beat the harder difficultys. By far best game of last few years for me. But it's all opinion.
  • Originally posted by k-damage
    Yes, yes. But how many did stay ... ?

How many stayed in Super Mario Bros?

• Originally posted by k-damage
    Originally posted by ste2000
    Originally posted by k-damage
    Yes, yes. But how many did stay ... ?

Diablo 3 is not a MMO, it is a Multiplayer game.

Its job was to sell boxes not subscriptions, and it did

Good on Blizzard, huge success.................crap game though

Yet, when you have a good reputation, people buys everything (me included).

Not so sure about the next tme though..................

And a multiplayer game's job is to ... ? :)

If there are no more players to play with, consider the job's not done then (if we have to argue on that ground).

It's job is to sell boxes.

Who cares about a theoretical situation where there are no players to play with? Diablo 3 has tonnes of players to play with.

• MegaTrANMegaTrAN Member UncommonPosts: 11
    I bought it, played till maybe level 20 and havent played since, maybe at least an open world town or something similar to guild wars would have been nice
  • Originally posted by chefdiablo

Not to be too sarcastic but if you worked a 40 hour work week for the same amount of time you could buy a lot more than 3 games.

...Just a thought.

True but playing Diablo 3 is a lot more fun than working. I'm also happy with the gullible idiots who actually buy stuff on the RMAH. The game's designed so there's absolutely no need to ever buy an item there, yet people still buy all the crap I put up there :D

• JorielJoriel Member UncommonPosts: 177
    wow this means theres at least 10 million nerds out there =O

• unknown769unknown769 Member Posts: 45
    company alwais say what sells other than how much stay  ,numbers really dont say anithing
  • MaelkorMaelkor Member UncommonPosts: 459
    I didnt know diablo 3 had a sub fee. The number of people continuing to play doesnt matter to them outside of how much they might make off the rmah sales. 10 million suckers purchased the game and they made a ton of money off the thing. That is all they care about.
  • Method01Method01 Member UncommonPosts: 128
    Got bored after a few weeks. Deleted the game from my com.. 
  • Lion.CrossLion.Cross Member Posts: 13
    Blizzard:"10M suckers and counting..."
  • witcherxwitcherx Member UncommonPosts: 8

wouldnt evn be worth 15 when it will be 15..

me never again going for blizz hype.. i regret it.

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423
    Originally posted by SorkSupreme

You're right - you figured me out.  I'm on Blizzard's payroll.  They've been paying me since 2004 to post on mmorpg.com

You're right - you figured me out.  I'm on Blizzard's payroll.  They've been paying me since 2004 to post on mmorpg.com

Well your comment to my post was ridiculous considering I "generalized" THE PEOPLE IN MY GAMING CIRCLE. Did you somehow miss that part because it makes your comment completely null and void. Heck skip what I said and read post after post on site after site about how much suck D3 is...

“Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.” ~ Italian proverb   

Well regardless of your payroll status, you sure do have comprehension issues when you read my post and commented as you did. Somehow you missed the part about the the people in my gaming circle part...

• vgamervgamer Member Posts: 195

The real question is how many copies of the inevitable expansion will be sold.

Did blizz lost its touch and threw away their image with d3? Or are people still

blinded by that blizz logo?