Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where did you have the most fun?

12346»

Comments

• OcenicaOcenica Member UncommonPosts: 96

World of Warcraft.  We had a 25 man raiding guild during BC and we were racing to clear Black Temple.  At this point in time you still had to clear the pre-content; SSC and TK. Our server was low pop so finding dedicated players made things difficult.  Wound up having to play a "Game of Thrones" type espionage against other guilds, merging and poaching to stack our player base to clear the content.  Dumping dedicated 'weaks' and taking 'solid' newbies was gut wrenching sometimes. Sounds terribly devious and hard, but it made the game quite, "real".

• KillmaticKillmatic Member Posts: 1

Late vanilla World of Warcraft. Had many real life friends and family playing in the same guild. I could never put as much time into an mmo as I did at this time.  The old pvp ranking system was brutal but addictive. Took two weeks of leave from the Navy to try and rank up as much as possible.  Finally gave up at rank 11 since it seemed impossible to catch the higher players.

Raided MC for months before I got my first epic item. Epics were truly epic. If you were fully purple, it meant somthing. People forget how hardcore this game was at the time. I had the most fun during this time period and have been chasing that high ever since.

• ScarlyngScarlyng Member UncommonPosts: 159
    GW1 shortly after Factions came out, and for about two years thereafter.

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man. -- George Bernard Shaw

• RockhideRockhide Member Posts: 155

World of WarCraft, late vanilla through the Black Temple patch in TBC.

I got hooked up with a great circle of online friends who were also pretty good players and we just had a blast chatting while running dungeons, hitting up BGs, and leveling alts together.  Even though in retrospect I devoted far too much of my life to that game, being able to accomplish what we did *together* is something I certainly will never regret.

• hockeyplayrhockeyplayr Member UncommonPosts: 604
    Believe it or not runescape.. when you had a couple friends playing you made your own adventure
  • SixfeetunderSixfeetunder Member UncommonPosts: 180
    Krayt raid on SWG and T3 AoC
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by Amjoco
    Although not mmorpgs, probably AD&D Gold Box series, Bards Tale, and the Ultima series. WoW would be my most fun of mmorpgs. :)

I remember those old games.

U6 is the best of the series, and i love the AD&D gold box games ... though in restrospect, they are very much hack-n-slash. The stories came in a little book too.

Gold box games >>> bards tale in my opinion primarily because of the grid like tactical combat .. that beats the menu type combat for me.

• ZaurielZauriel Member Posts: 9
    Vanilla WoW 1st "playthrough" with my friends. We had a full grp. Next MC/BWL. Everything after that wasn't just the "same". 

The "new breed" of MMO players. The loot-whores. The I-wants. The "Oh shiney!"