Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are you at "endgame"?

2»

Comments

• blade01blade01 Member Posts: 8
    Originally posted by Urza123
    Originally posted by Johnnymmo
    You guys who finished the game can you link chronicle?

+1

yeah i would also like to see the links... [mod edit]

• marganculosmarganculos Member UncommonPosts: 334

Originally posted by blade01

Originally posted by Urza123

Originally posted by Johnnymmo You guys who finished the game can you link chronicle?
    +1
    yeah i would also like to see the links... [mod edit]

trolling? wtf?
    can you tell me what you will see from chronicle? you can just see actual skill build and actual gear which they have equipped oh and also ability wheel... so tell me how you can see from it if people are at endgame or not? you will get this info from number of monsters killed? wrong... its still bugged because as healer if you run dungeon you wont ever get kill count if you dont do any damage to monsters same apply for PVP, you wont get any kill counts as healer for ranking....will you get this information from Total Experience Points Earned and percentage of ability wheel completion?..wrong... you can finish everything in game with just 20% of abilities if you go straight for right skill builds... you can kill everything in this game solo in tank/healer set with penetration/affliction passives which are "abused" by spamming "Clearing the Path" res of skills can be heal or defensive cooldowns, you solo any nightmare content outside of dungeons for example, but there are a lot of builds which can manage same...

• ThillianThillian Member UncommonPosts: 3,156
    I was at the end-game 4 weeks ago, and doing NMs for the last 25 days or so, and still having fun.

REALITY CHECK

• SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257
    Nope, been playing since June 29 but haven't done any of the elite dungeons, and of course not any of the nightmares. I'm just exploring around, doing some quests I like several times and queing for PvP matches sometimes. As a lifetimer I'm not in a hurry and probably they'll add plenty of new content before I complete what there is already.
  • BlackbrrdBlackbrrd Member Posts: 811

You can see from the equipment if they are at endgame or not. ;)

Anyway, it's not really hard getting to endgame, it's just takes time. Out of 5 people I know, one is at "endgame" (or nightmare dungeons if you want). I believe this is the guy (if I remember the name correctly): http://chronicle.thesecretworld.com/character/Delnaran. The endgame does look hard (he hasn't completed any of the dungeons), but it's not very hard. I think the 20 man raid will come in that category. ;)

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

I am ql6 and a messsing around with whats left of blue mountains, i have no idea of what is left.  I am trying to do every mission I can find for ap/sp.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by marganculos

Originally posted by Otashi
    End game reached after 2 weeks... I didn't skip shortscenes etc... about 1 week of NM farming I'm QL10.2 + and soo bored .. unsubbed :) Waiting for GW2 playing Marvel Avengers Alliance on facebook lol ...

+1

i got full ql 10.2~10.3 tank set, dps set and healer set, finished every single quest ingame, finished every single nightmare dungeon with all "classes" (i mean as tank/dps and in healer mode), there is totally zero PVP so i have nothing to do... grind more AP with SH runs? no thanks.... make alt at different faction? no thanks... give another try to their fail PVP system? no thanks... grind purple items till i have everything QL10.4? no thanks... waiting for GW2 and in meantime im watching some anime :)

Mind linking your chornicle?

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • OtashiOtashi Member UncommonPosts: 78

It has got my dps build... Healing gear is a bit higher though :) Not sure what u wanna prove with chronicle though:

http://chronicle.thesecretworld.com/character/Enyla

Some friends are getting bored too I guess : 

http://chronicle.thesecretworld.com/character/Redwire

Main point is I did NMs 6/6 Except inferno because last boss is insane and not worth the trouble, I'm not running QL10.4 yet because it is just a Bullion/Rune/Signet farm and it bores for real... for those who are not familar with the end game thingy... its all about farming NM bosses to get some tokens called "Bullions", trade them in for weapons/acc and then upgrade them to QL10.4, add pure glyphs with Nightwatch kits and then grind ur ass for purple signet and tadaa you are done with the game... this is not fun endgame to me...

Edit: Also I have Bullion Pistols and Shotgun sitting in bank because I was trying some different dps builds...

• sfc1971sfc1971 Member UncommonPosts: 421
    Originally posted by erictlewis

I am ql6 and a messsing around with whats left of blue mountains, i have no idea of what is left.  I am trying to do every mission I can find for ap/sp.

What's left? All of the game :P

Solomon Islands is the first of 3 zones, you only got Egypt and Transylvania left. Two sub zones and 3 sub zones repectively.

So... end game? No. not by a LONG shot.

• VaporsVapors Member UncommonPosts: 407

Im pretty much at endgame, starting my pvping now with some epic parts. ( i must say im not a big fan of tsw pvp but it kinda let me pass many hours without even get it)

What do you guys except form endgames? This exactly what I've thought will happen to people which aren't used to sandbox games. "i have all the epics i stop now". "I did the story i quit now".

Also pretty funny some say "going to gw2 instead", its just the same you have 8 doungens at endgame and some pvp. Which offers same endgame content, also the story is pretty fast done.

It's pretty hard to understand what players want, once they cry about I HATE GRINDING ENDGAMEGEAR and once they say I GOT MY ENDGAME GEAR TO FAST. This both never have their ying and yang in players opinion. Experience prooved me people always go back to the grinding games.

• YalexyYalexy Member UncommonPosts: 1,058

I've got 95.7% of the abilities so far, slowly progressing as you need lot's of AP to purchase all the elites.

We're running nightmares every day to gather equipment, and I mind you, you've to farm three equipments (heal/DD/tank), so that takes quiet some time and I've not even managed so far to get all the needed bullions for a single complete set of 10.4.

With the added two nightmares on 31st July we can only get 50 bullions a day, and you need 270 for one 10.4 weapon and 190 for a 10.4 talisman. That's 1870 bullions needed for tzwo weapons and 7 talismans... 38 days, if you clear all five nightmares every day.

So there's enough to do, as you need some 3 hours a day to clear all five nightmares, given that you can clear them ofc.

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    So, from what Ive seen so far from the folks who have gotten to endgame they end up mostly farming NM for gear. It doesn't seem like many are doing tons of pvp and/or farming AP(which really is the same thing as grinding for gear).

• jdnycjdnyc Member UncommonPosts: 1,643
    Originally posted by Kuppa
    So, from what Ive seen so far from the folks who have gotten to endgame they end up mostly farming NM for gear. It doesn't seem like many are doing tons of pvp and/or farming AP(which really is the same thing as grinding for gear).

Translation:  There's plenty of content for the majority of players to not burn out of something to do right now.

For me personally - I 'could' of been at end game if I just rushed through the storyline and missions I suppose.  I'm doing NM stuff, but haven't finished the Transylvania storyline or missions yet.  There's also tons of lore and achievement stuff I want to track down to learn more about the story.

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739

Well, I haven't done a lot of the dungeons, but I am through all the open world/story content.  I have run through all 3 Transylvania zones about 3/4 times.  Kind of waiting on a friend that is re-specing into a tank to get his points to do more dungeons.

I am not a huge dungeon on different difficulty level is great person...Not complaining about it, just personal preference....I wouldn't mind some open world type dungeons/camps, that have rare drops and such...Like old EQ.

I have 6/8 weapons maxed, elemental/AR skills all bought, the inner wheel all done, 1-2 abilities away from all misc, and then points kind of all over for passives.  Gonna work on getting builds for all 3 roles I guess.

I also bought GW2, before TSW, so I will probably be playing both.

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    Playing casually on and off i'm 50% completed the whee and have 3 builds I use depending on situation. One aoe, one dps and one hybrid which i use for soloing.I've skipped alot of sabotage and investigation missions so once i've done everything I wanted I could go back and do them since I don't want to use google to complete them and have to think long and hard  about even what to do next. Pretty much done with the story quests and just doing the same missions and side quests over and over between dungeons. So, I don't think I'm at end game yet and don't really want to be either because I'll lose interest if I have 100% everything.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

Originally posted by jdnyc

Translation:  There's plenty of content for the majority of players to not burn out of something to do right now.

For me personally - I 'could' of been at end game if I just rushed through the storyline and missions I suppose.  I'm doing NM stuff, but haven't finished the Transylvania storyline or missions yet.  There's also tons of lore and achievement stuff I want to track down to learn more about the story.

That wasn't what I was trying to say, actually it was the other way around.

• ariestearieste Member UncommonPosts: 3,309

Not at the Endgame yet.  I have enough AP/SP to be at the endgame if i wanted to, but instead of doing that, I'm just doing just doing all the zones "on-level" without getting QL10 gear and blowing through them. 

I've done exactly 4 of the game's 8 zones atm.  I plan to be in QL10 stuff by the end of the 2nd Egypt zone and then to start doing elites while working through Trans on my own.

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO
    Favourites: AO,SWG,EVE,TR,LoTRO,TSW,EQ2, Firefall
    Currently Playing: ESO

• ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351

There is a huge difference between "end game" and "finishing the content".

"End game" can be reached in 2 weeks, as long as your on the NM treadmill your effectively at the pve endgame, but you'd have to skip much of the content to get there this way.

Kitted out fully, 10.4, completed storyline, completed every mission at least once (without cheating or using walkthroughs), filled out the lore 100%, killed all the rare spawns (required for lore completion), completed every lair, dungeon, elite and NM at least once, and whatever the limit is to pvp rewards (i don't pvp, no idea what that might be) and then, maybe, you can claim to have "finished the game". Im not sure completing the skill wheel counts...

I don't think many can lay claim to that mantle just yet.

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

• jdnycjdnyc Member UncommonPosts: 1,643

Oh, I know what you meant.  The number of people that have reached end game are in the minority.  Isn't that the point of your poll?  Or were you hoping for different results?

Oh, I know what you meant.  The number of people that have reached end game are in the minority.  Isn't that the point of your poll?  Or were you hoping for different results?

Im not debating that according to the poll less folks have gotten to endgame. The ones that have is what my comment is about.

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222

Not yet, I'm in the 2nd Egypt zone.  I plan on completely filling out the skill wheel so I think I'll be playing for some time to come.  I plan on playing both GW2 and TSW.  When I get tired of the GW2 ultra cartoony settings I'll fire up TSW.

People whom don't PvP thinking that they will get more than 5-6 months out of either game are fooling themselves.  TSW's content is outstanding it appears to be about 33% - 50% short of what I would expect of a newly released MMO though.  Still well worth the money.

• Method01Method01 Member UncommonPosts: 128

Im allmost done in Blue mountains. 

I really don't understand why ppl wanna rush a game like this. It's really not the way this should be played. 

I spent my time reading the quest (not cheating) and exploring the world. I played since pre-release so i guess theres several months of content left for me to do =)

• RandaynRandayn Member UncommonPosts: 904

If you rush through the content only to complete it and skip all the quests that are interesting and require thinking, then wouldn't you have been on the "Treadmill" the entire time?

This game definitely requires you take your time and play casually or you'll get burnt quick, I think.