Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Server transfers

coretex666coretex666 PraguePosts: 1,934Member Uncommon

If I am not mistaken, it will be possible to transfer from your server to a different one for cash.

Has Anet disclosed whether the server transfers will be somehow regulated?

Would it be possible to transfer to servers which are at the top of the WvWvW ranking?

Would you / your guild consider transfer from your server to more successful one in terms of WvWvW? (e.g. if you get to some unsuccessful server while your guild is HC PVP oriented and desires to be the best which would be impossible on your current server)

Do you expect more frequent migrations from server to server in GW 2 due to the fact that the WvWvW is ranked by server?

Does it establish a "pay to be a winner" scenario? (I am kidding with this one, but does it? I mean if you pay to transfer to top server in WvWvW ranking, you are ultimately a "winner" at least temporarily, arent you :) ).

This thread is not trying to prove some point. I am rather curious. If you are somehow offended or just really bored with this thread, please ignore it and move along.

Waiting for L2 EU Classic

Comments

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Den HelderPosts: 9,064Member Uncommon

You can do server transfers, which transfers all your characters, you pay for this with GEMS (real money currency)  The more popular the server you want to transfer to, the more GEMS you pay.

Outside of server transfers, you can allways visit another server for free, keep in mind tough that you can not join WvWvW on servers that you are vissiting.

Most important PvP rankings will be the sPvP rankings.

And if everyone transfers to the same few servers to PvP, they will die from extreme long Queues for WvWvW.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• jondifooljondifool cphPosts: 1,114Member

My quess is that alot of players wiil  avoid winning servers because of the waiting in line to actual get to play WvW. So there will be some regulation going the other way.

Now we can speculate if the player joining a server to be on the winning team, is a better contributer for the server , than the ones that left because that could not be bothered to wait in queue? might not be

read how to create a succesfull mmo before posting about GW2. And read tao of ArenaNet before talking about innovation in GW2

• DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Posts: 1,178Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

You can do server transfers, which transfers all your characters, you pay for this with GEMS (real money currency)  The more popular the server you want to transfer to, the more GEMS you pay.

Outside of server transfers, you can allways visit another server for free, keep in mind tough that you can not join WvWvW on servers that you are vissiting.

And if everyone transfers to the same few servers to PvP, they will die from extreme long Queues for WvWvW.

sPVP rankings will be important how? will they provide gear towards WvW ?

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Den HelderPosts: 9,064Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by DrunkWolf

They will give real honor, showing which single players and teams are actually the very best in the world.

And your attitude towards gear does not fit the game, you might get dissapointed at endgame PvP.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Posts: 1,178Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by DrunkWolf

They will give real honor, showing which single players and teams are actually the very best in the world.

And your attitude towards gear does not fit the game, you might get dissapointed at endgame PvP.

my attitude towards gear? all i did was ask a simple question no need to get your pantys all bunched up.

you said sPVP is more important so i thought maybe you get somthing out of it is all. i didnt know its just for ranks and such, that kind of thing means nothing to me i like world pvp myself.

• PsychowPsychow SF Giants Territory, CAPosts: 1,784Member

Why not just wait for the inevitable server merges like in SWTOR?

Muauauauahhhh...image

/hides...

• FionFion Montour Falls, NYPosts: 2,351Member
    I have heard (though I don't know if this is confirmed) that server transfers will be free in the first week or two. So if folks end up on a server they don't like, or one that is WvW focused so the WvW is always full, or even if they accidently chose one their friends aren't on.. folks should be able to move for free.