Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GW2 PvP vs WoW PvP

1235»

Comments

• SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114
    Originally posted by jusomdude

For me to even consider the game it has to offer marginally better PvP. Say what you want about the PvP in WoW, but it is actually some of the best MMO PvP I've experienced.

I want to hear some real responses, so the posters that only praise GW2 all day long need not apply, since I already know they will immediately say "GW2 PvP is superior without a doubt."

Same goes for people that only bash the game.

Pretty much asking this because I don't want to spend the $60 to try the PvP to see that it's lacking/boring/imbalanced/useless etc.

I want to hear from people that have current experience with WoW PvP and have played GW2 excluding the earlier mentioned players.

Also, I know about dodge, which isn't a big selling point for me. Seems like more of "that extra gimmick" new games are known to toss in.

If you're loving WoW's PvP and don't like the Dodge mechanic ( a key feature NEEDED for survival), this game isn't for you.

First off, let's explain that everyone is on an even playing field, there is no "dominate them because they have Season #1 gear and we have Season #17 gear" .  Not going to happen, because gear is even, everyone is the same level, and it's just that.  The matches are on a 5vs5 point capture maps, so there's no 2vs2 or 3vs3 for those arena-heads.

As for the the WvWvW, gear, stats, and even level matter to an extent, but people are still boosted with their base stats up to level 80 for the sake of keeping it somewhat even.   Siege weapons take into account alot in these maps, even terrain because the way you can fling people off cliffs for near-instant kills.

The dodge mechanic is nessessary to use.  It's great to get out of large combos, AOE attacks, and direct bombardments. In WoW you couldn't avoid a Fireball if it was coming at you, in this game you can by dodging or even going behind something or someone.  Yes, that's right,...this game actually got collision detection right.  Someone can intercept projectiles just by getting between them and their target.    That's a major factor in group combat, say when your damage dealer Elementalist is at 10% HP and being focused while you're a 100% HP Warrior, you can step inbetween, besides using knockbacks and all sorts of things to keep the enemy off your buddy while he heals.

This game has true fealing for it's WvWvW, like that early Vanilla WoW feeling of getting guilds to raid Undercity, THunderbluff, or Tarrin Mill (sp?).  Though those had no real impact on the world, as you couldn't capture anything, and nothing really truely happended...in this game's WvWvW sieging the castle really means capturing it and claiming it for your own.   Destroying walls, killing people, building siege, having NPC guards and player guards alike....it's all there and more.  

• VoiidiinVoiidiin Member Posts: 817
    Originally posted by Masa1
    Originally posted by Nadia

From my experience, the PvP in GW2 is horrible at the moment. Everything is unbalanced, gem purchases matter more than actual skill, PvE mobs in PvP (WTH???), response time sucks, ...

well...  you are flying your true colors now ;)

Originally posted by The_Korrigan

WoW still has better PvP which makes it worth of $15 per month.

Haha, now we fall into the realm of opinions, and even worse, assumptions.

More "information" spread by people who haven't played and don't intend to play the game.

At least when I compare WoW to GW2, I have played both, I don't pull conclusions out of... nowhere.

It's a fact, not assumption or opinion. GW2 only has lousy world PvP (only 4 maps and they are connected with loading screens) and structured PvP (with less than 10 maps?).

You really have a problem separating "fact" and "opinion", apparently. Nevermind, all of your posts on the GW2 forums are negative, and this without having played the game yourself (yeah yeah, post history is nasty sometimes), making your agenda obvious. It's a fact that there's nothing better than WoW, we got the message.

I wish you a lot of fun in WoW or whatever game you play.

- Signed - A WoW fan since beta in 2004.

Attacking a person and not the post content itself, is a sign of running out of constructive criticism.

Making stuff up and posting opinion as fact is still making it up.

Lolipops !

• FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398
    Originally posted by BlackestNite
    if you want a REAL response this is it.
    ^OP READ THIS
    http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
  • pointchizpointchiz Member Posts: 73
    I think there's going to be a lot of PVP guilds that will dump WoW for GW2. Rated battlegrounds may have revived WoW's PVP guild scene and MOP will probably attempt to enhance it but; I don't see how gear grinds will keep people interested. WoW's twink community hates gear grinds; the amount of botting and AFK in the game speaks volumes of how fed up the PVP community is.