Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Let's talk endgame.

Comments

• XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,848

Originally posted by terrant
    Originally posted by Xiaoki So, basically what you're saying is what Ive been saying.   You will have a "major, major advantage" when doing lower level content on a level 80 character. The only way you wouldnt have a "major, major advantage" is if they were to actually delevel you instead of downscaling you. Everything you have access to that a lower level character would not will give you an ever increasing advantage. As in, if you go to a level 28 zone you no longer have an Elite skill. Its not just stats its everything. The quality of the gear, sigils, jewels, rune bonuses, traits, stats from trait lines and anything else that a level 80 would have access to. All of it may seem minor when taken individually but cumulatively it becomes a "major, major advantage". A downscaling formula can mathematically reduce the advantage you have from a sword but it cant mathematically reduce the advantage you have from your trait skills. Such as - Inspiring Battle Standard - Banners also grant regeneration to allies. A level 30 and level 80 Warrior both have access to the same Banner skills but a level 30 Warrior doesnt have access to that.
    Tway I read your inital comments, you were basically saying there's no difference between a level 80 ngoing to a level 1 zone in GW2, and one doing so in WoW. There is.

1) Your HP and armor are dropped to where enemies can and will do significant damage to you.

2) Mob drops will be equivalent to your real level.

3) You will continue to earn XP like you normally would at a zone of your level.

Will it be extremely difficult? no. Can it still pose a challenge? You betcha. can an ettin 1-shot you if you're stupid and stand in front of it? yup.

1 - like I said before, this is not the case. Unless you have information on the Live version of GW2 that no one else does this is wrong.

2 - same as 1. Never ever got a high level drop from a low level mob. I got a Fine quality level 2 weapon once.

3 - somewhat. Doing a DE at level 30 and getting a Gold and then going to a level 10 zone and getting a Gold doing a DE did not yield the same experience. Kinda close but not the same. Going to low level zones did earn quick exp because it was so easy to destroy the mobs(which is again counter to your first point).

My experiences in game do not match what you're saying at all. So unless you have something on the Live version differences then please do not lie to strengthen your point. There really is no reason for lying and it does not help the discussion at all.

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    Person a: why do you like gw2 end game?
    Person b; well here is why I like it..
    Person a: you only think you like it, you are deluded.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,868
    Originally posted by bcbully
    Originally posted by Bladestrom
    And yet bc in this thread people are saying gw2 has no end game, the first themepark ever to have no end game, odd isn't it.

Well a lot of people in this thread have questioned if GW2 has endgame. You wouldn't deny that would you?

Its funny this is the same guy who claimed that TSW had a good combat system. Can you take anything he says seriously?  I certainly can't. Any sub number or box number sales announcements yet? I am sure Funcom would love to announce those! Oh wait, sorry, the game is doing so terrible they won't. ArenaNet will announce sales probably within the first week because it will sell atleast twice as many copies of TSW sells in a lifetime that first week. It is obvious this guy is just trying to stick to his guns (World of Warcraft style item grind) and cannot comprehend that people can play games other then to increase the statistics of one of there characters. People like him are the reason MMORPGs are a joke as an E-sport and as a gaming genre. If you like item grinds, you can keep liking them thats cool, but don't just consider everyone elses opinion as being wrong just because you like something different. 

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by colddog04
    And yet bc in this thread people are saying gw2 has no end game, the first themepark ever to have no end game, odd isn't it.

Yeah, the logic is just sad to be honest.

Because people question if this game has anything worth doing once you hit level 80, that means there is nothing worth doing once you hit level 80.

1. People ask if there is anything worth doing in GW2 at endgame.

2. A bunch of people list a bunch of things that they feel are worth doing.

3. Because people asked if there was anything worth doing, GW2 now becomes the first game ever to have a question asked about whether there is something worth doing.

Really, really stupid logic.

No it may be the first that people have questioned if an endgame exist. 

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748

Well a lot of people in this thread have questioned if GW2 has endgame. You wouldn't deny that would you?

A lot have questioned it, but you have to wonder at their motives for doing so. It's obvious that GW2 engame is built differently, being horizontal instead of vertical. It's also obvious that it has the potential to have significantly more endgame than, say, WoW currently does.

Yeah, I went there. I guess I should explain my thoughts behind that.

What endgame does WoW actually have? There arena PvP, and there's one raid. I haven't played WoW since pre-Cataclysm, but that's all I recall of WoW endgame. arena PvP and one raid, whatever the latest raid is at the time. Every new raid obsoletes all prior raids due to gear power curve progression.

From what we know in GW2, all dungeons (especially explorer mode) will be challenging at end game, Orr is supposed to be a beast in and of itself (to be seen), competitive PvP will of course be there as well as WvW, there will be legendaries that take you around the world and require considerable effort to obtain... it sounds to me that, by cutting out the power curve gear grind, GW2 will actually have greater available endgame than a game like WoW.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

Because people question if this game has anything worth doing once you hit level 80, that means there is nothing worth doing once you hit level 80.

3. Because people asked if there was anything worth doing, GW2 now becomes the first game ever to have a question asked about whether there is something worth doing.

Which is even more retarded. Obviously endgame exists in GW2. Endgame being defined by what you do at max level.

TSW has no end game. Oh wait, it might, but I question if it does at all cause I consider having done everything one time the end of the game. Since TSW has you doing the same dungeons over and over once you are QL10 or so I don't count that as end game cause I don't consider advancing the stats of your character progression, personally. That is just heresay.

Lol oh this is brilliant, now there is no end game at all! Not only is the stat based progression the only game possible, because gw2 does not have stat based progression it actually ceases to exist!

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607
    I've also seen the question "Does it have an end game?" or "What is the end game?" question for just about ever mmorpg release since I joined this forum.
    Originally posted by Celcius

Its funny this is the same guy who claimed that TSW had a good combat system. Can you take anything he says seriously?  I certainly can't. Any sub number or box number sales announcements yet? I am sure Funcom would love to announce those! Oh wait, sorry, the game is doing so terrible they won't. ArenaNet will announce sales probably within the first week because it will sell atleast twice as many copies of TSW sells in a lifetime that first week. It is obvious this guy is just trying to stick to his guns (World of Warcraft style item grind) and cannot comprehend that people can play games other then to increase the statistics of one of there characters. People like him are the reason MMORPGs are a joke as an E-sport and as a gaming genre. If you like item grinds, you can keep liking them thats cool, but don't just consider everyone elses opinion as being wrong just because you like something different. 

well since you brought TSW up. TSW gives you verticle (stats) horizontal (abilities) and cosmetic endgame progressions.  

I'm thinking 750k will be announced on the 8th of this month btw.

I need to update this:

Person a: what end- game is there in gw2
    Person b: well there is..
    Person a: gw2 end game does not exist, you are deluded.

Perfect

Originally posted by Xzen
    I've also seen the question "Does it have an end game?" or "What is the end game?" question for just about ever mmorpg release since I joined this forum.

It is pretty much more like this:

This game is not my game of choice to lush over, so I am gonna choose to ignore the obvious. (Applies to both)

1)Does this game have end game? -Fanyboy of other game

2)What is the end game? - Fanboy of current game

Seriously, its like the cycle of life here. Everyone is going to defend what they think is the best game. 

Originally posted by Xzen

It is pretty much more like this:

This game is not my game of choice to lush over, so I am gonna choose to ignore the obvious. (Applies to both)

1)Does this game have end game? -Fanyboy of other game

2)What is the end game? - Fanboy of current game

Seriously, its like the cycle of life here. Everyone is going to defend what they think is the best game. 

Like I said 55 pages talking about if there is a endgame or a endgame worth doing says something.

well since you brought TSW up. TSW gives you verticle (stats) horizontal (abilities) and cosmetic endgame progressions.  

No, thats not end game. I don't count that sorry. Doing the same few dungeons over and over again with no raiding? Wow, no endgame. Clearly a terrible game. Not to mention the bad gameplay. Who would keep playing a game after they beat it with bad gameplay? I mean seriously! Can't wait until that announcement though! 

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

Like I said 55 pages talking about if there is a endgame or a endgame worth doing says something.

isn't that very subjective to the individual? 

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607

Good for TSW. It also has gated content because of that stat progression and there are some people that see that as a bad thing. To each their own. Enjoy TSW. I'm glad you found a game you like.

• JohnnymmoJohnnymmo Member Posts: 99
    So 20 pages later on and we still havent decided if gw2 has an endgame :)

Since there is no gear progression at endgame i guess gw2 doesnt have endgame or?

I mean where is the legendary weapon???

No, thats not end game. I don't count that sorry. Doing the same few dungeons over and over again with no raiding? Wow, no endgame. Clearly a terrible game. Not to mention the bad gameplay. Who would keep playing a game after they beat it with bad gameplay? I mean seriously! Can't wait until that announcement though! 

10/20 man raiding in less than 30 days!

And the vast majority of the gaming community disagrees with you.

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292

Any hint as to why that number? Or its really just a guess?

Originally posted by Johnnymmo
    So 20 pages later on and we still havent decided if gw2 has an endgame :) Since there is no gear progression at endgame i guess gw2 doesnt have endgame or? I mean where is the legendary weapon???

People trying to convince people that the way they prefer endgame to be is the right way back and fourth proves nothing but people like myself losing faith in humanity.

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748

One raid or two different raids? Trying to understand if TSW endgame is the same as WoW or has twice as many raid options.

Oderint, dum metuant.

Originally posted by Aerowyn

isn't that very subjective to the individual? 

W/o question it is. Can you remember a thread this big asking the ame question of any other game though?

• hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123

After 57 pages, can anyone here make a real list about what we will find in gw2 endgame?. And dont talk about all the thing that we will do since level 1. 

I remember people talking about ¨swtor have no endgame¨ and then we have gw2, and having no endgame is something revolutionary and innovative

And the vast majority of the gaming community disagrees with you.

Vast majority huh? So the people in this thread who hate GW2? Got any stats to back that up? Or anything to backup the 750k? Don't like it when people claim your game has no end game because they prefer it a different way hmmm? Honestly man you cant argue opinions as facts --thats just not logical. If TSW has 10/20 man raiding (both) in 30 days I will eat my hat.