Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Why not an mmorpg set in the Deus Ex universe

Effin_RabbitEffin_Rabbit Pittsburgh, PAPosts: 773Member Uncommon
Or what other sci-fi or nonsci-fi mmorpg would you like to see?

Comments

• YaosYaos Franklin, TNPosts: 153Member
    I'd rather wait until they put out a bad Deus Ex single player game before destroying the franchise with an MMO. It's why people hate The Elder Scrolls MMO; Skyrim is the most popular TES game yet and they decided they need to kill the franchise already and probably bankrupt Bethesda.
  • IneveraskforthisIneveraskforthis Macros 7Posts: 374Member
    No thanks, BUT a MMO base on a world similar to Deux Ex / Blade Runner / realistic Sci Fi would be very interesting.
  • DOGMA1138DOGMA1138 none of your buidnessPosts: 476Member Uncommon

There are some MMO's with simmilar setting the "best" of them is Face of Mankind and its pretty bad.

The MMORPG market today is threading water so i doubt well see many more big budgest MMORPG's which are not expanding on an exiting franchise/fanbase.

Dues Ex does not have a large enough player base to justify the investment that could produce an MMO worthy of the franchise sadly.

Any judging by how things are progressing now most of not all games with in the next 3-5 years will be MMO's/MOBA's either trough the game it self, or trough a presistant social network of some sorts.

WoW will still hold the large majority of the MMORPG market even 2 years from now, the problem is that most of the subs the lose do not actually move to a new game, many of them either quit the genere or hop trough every new title out there trying to find a new home.

• RavenRaven LondonPosts: 1,974Member Uncommon

I must say this must be done properly to work, if they can't capture the essence of DX then I would rather they leave it as it is and do not further ruin my favorite game of all time ( Original Deus Ex ).

There are two glaring examples in the MMO industry, one existing and one coming up that I think would have been better left alone if you can't capture the essence of what made the IP so great.

One is LoTRO, the game is good but apart from the fact that the names of everything are taken out of tolkien's books it really failed to capture the Tolkien universe, it was a WoW with LoTRO on top sort of game and that doesnt fit the way the world works, this is not about whether the game is good or not, its about whether it fits with the tolkien universe and it just doesn't no matter how you put it.

Another one is TESO, I love the idea of TES going MMO/adding co-op but while I give them credit for trying I think they will fall short of the mark of actually capturing the essence of the TES world. ( This is irrespectiveof it being good or not )

• mmo-icemmo-ice Yorktown, VAPosts: 43Member
    I think it could work with the right system in place. I would love to see a HALO mmorpg based off of the Planetside play style that would be Epic.

• Swollen_BeefSwollen_Beef Tampa, FLPosts: 200Member

another "Why not make an MMO set in the X universe"

• Asuran24Asuran24 St. pual, MNPosts: 517Member
    Well Duex keeping the feel would be hard and need alot of sandbox and non-standard feautures to keep it that way. I would lvoe to see a mmo based around and on the Farscape series, Guyver anime series, Tekkaman blade, and such. Though a robotech/Macross based mmo would e interesting with a three faction set up (humans, Robo-tech masters, Zentraedi, and the invid or other races.).
  • DisdenaDisdena Troy, NYPosts: 1,093Member

Deus Ex is one of those games that exists to tell a story. The characters and atmosphere exist to fill in the details. It's a game based around narrative. While I would not call it a linear game strictly speaking, the player's path is very constrained. This ensures that the player sees and hears everything they're supposed to in the correct order so that they are able to take in the whole story.

MMOs are almost the complete opposite. MMOs are about the player and his or her own accomplishments, as well as their interactions with others. This type of game has very little to do with experiencing a set story. You could put the world of Deus Ex in an MMO but it would be a completely different game because the reasons for playing it would be completely different.

• Mari2kMari2k rzhz, MNPosts: 371Member
    I want an mmo in pro evolution soccer universe !!
  • DJJazzyDJJazzy louisville, COPosts: 2,053Member
    An mmo set in a cyberpunk setting would be great, doesn't have to be exactly like Deus Ex
  • WorstluckWorstluck the valley, CAPosts: 1,269Member
    Yes agree with above, I would love a cyber punk MMO but would not necessarily Deus Ex.  I would like them to continue to make the single player game.  They are working on the next one now I believe.  Cyberpunk yeah, Deus Ex nah.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon santa clara, CAPosts: 22,441Member

I LOVE Deus Ex .. very good SP RPG. However, i do NOT want to see it made into a MMO. I do not really see it adds much. May be adding a co-op mode with infilration missions with a small group.

Having 100 players around will just destroy the stealth/hacking aspect of the game.

Not every good setting should be made into a MMO.

• mmoguy43mmoguy43 , CAPosts: 2,444Member Uncommon
    Ya know, Neocron was made for those that liked the original Deus Ex. Why not just do a remake of it?image