Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Your top picks

mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430

I know there are a 1,052 of these threads, but with the TSW rankings, I thought I would resurrect this topic.  Put your top MMOs from your experrience.  Not meant as a flame thread.  Just curious to see what everryone thinks.  Here goes, my list.

Best Starter Area:  Conan

Best Atmospherre:  TSW (I think they did a pretty good job)

Best Crafting:  Vanguard

Best Cut Throat:  Darkfall

Best PvP:  Conan

Most innovative:  UO (really has to be a relatively early MMO IMO.)

Best Diplomacy/guild/peristent... (Not sure how to charicterize it):  Shadowbane

Biggest Dissapointment:  SWTOR (I actually like the game, but it could have been so much more), Earthrise, Honerable mention.

Some under appreciated games:  WAR, CONAN

Best longevity:  LOTRO.  Seems to have good story, combined with new content.

Best FTP (or Fremmium)  DDO, LOTRO Honorable Mention

Looking forward to:  GW2, Elder Scroll if done right,

I self identify as a monkey.

Comments

• ForeverdreamForeverdream Member UncommonPosts: 141
    AoC is a great game now, shame too many people write it off
  • expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218
    Best characters controls: WoW
  • mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770

Best Starter Area:  Aion? not sure

Best Atmospherre:  Neocron

Best Crafting:  Vanguard

Best Cut Throat:  ?????????

Best PvP:  PlanetSide

Most innovative:  UO (ahead of its time)

Best Diplomacy/guild/peristent... (Not sure how to charicterize it):  Vanguard?

Biggest Dissapointment:  (because they shutdown) Earthrise, AutoAssault, Tabula Rasa...

Some under appreciated games:  Vanguard

Best longevity:  UO Around for how long now?

Best FTP (or Fremmium)  Maybe DDO and LOTRO but I don't do F2P MMORPGs

Looking forward to:  PlanetSide2

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459

Best Starter Area:  WoW or GW2. Conan has only one starter area, it gets old very quick, no matter how polished it is.

Best Atmospherre:  That's a hard one... can't answer, because I'd have like 10 games which each achieved a great atmosphere in their respective setting.

Best Crafting:  UO. Crafting was entirely part of the character. Good crafting doesn't mean utterly complicated crafting for me, I actually found EQ2 or SWG like crafting very tedious and boring.

Best character controls and "hand to keyboard to screen to eye" coordination: WoW.

Best Cut Throat:  UO pre-trammel.

Best PvP:  GW2.

Most innovative:  UO. Started it all, 'nuff said.

Best Diplomacy/guild/peristent... (Not sure how to charicterize it):  UO.

Biggest Dissapointment:  Darkfall, Mortal Online... failed sandbox is bad, very bad.

Some under appreciated games:  Anarchy Online,

Best longevity:  UO (17 years...). EQ. AC1. Even if I don't play them right now, those games are still here. Honorable mention for WoW (millions of players for 7+ years).

Best FTP (or Fremmium):  GW2... yeah, I know, it's B2P, but compared to the restrictions games like LOTRO impose, it wins hands down even with the purchase price.

Looking forward to:  GW2, maybe Archeage but there's way to little info about it yet, and way too many promises without proof, for me to get "hyped" about it.

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !