Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Forge: First Game Play Video Released

2»

Comments

• jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706

Seems like it would get pretty boring after awhile. Had my FPS fix during the 90's. Don't really care much for em anymore.

If it was an MMOFPS that would be different, but it just looks like an FPS with mixed FPS and hotkey combat.

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Lol to see Reckfull playing that :) he was like the top 3 rogue in WoW for many years in arena :)

Still after playing wow arena so much i cant get warm and fuzy for Forge.

But this must be fun for those who like arena + manual targeting.

• CorthalaCorthala Member UncommonPosts: 283
    Originally posted by expresso
    Reminds me of the Fury PvP MMO http://massively.joystiq.com/2008/08/05/fury-mmo-shuts-down/ a game that tanked like no other I might add.

Wow, that game failed so bad that even when people talk about failed game they forget that it ever existed...I wonder if Fury was realised in some f2p wouldnt it still be alive...

"you are like the world revenge on sarcasm, you know that?"

One of those great lines from The Secret World

• coretestercoretester Member Posts: 64
    Originally posted by romanator0
    Originally posted by coretester

Forge - Preview of Forest Ambush Gameplay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKYFo9Arrv0

I lost a good portion of the interest I had in this game when I saw that Blinding Arrow projectile turn in mid-flight. I hope that either a) I'm seeing things that aren't actually there or b) that they get rid of that if what I saw was real. I can't see homing projectiles adding anything rewarding to this game at all.

They have both hitscan projectiles and those which you have to predict using. Given that the core ones are slower shots, they are aligned more with hitscan than the faster projectiles. Personally see no issue given that if you aim at someone in CS they'll get shot in the head no matter the distance as long as you have your aim on them. Same deal with this. But regardless, they will have some quake like projectiles as well, just not the core abilities.

• coretestercoretester Member Posts: 64
    Originally posted by Mothanos

Lol to see Reckfull playing that :) he was like the top 3 rogue in WoW for many years in arena :)

Still after playing wow arena so much i cant get warm and fuzy for Forge.

But this must be fun for those who like arena + manual targeting.

Absolutely, given that it's something arena players always wanted. Manual aim, no rooting in place when using abilities and gear which have no stats. Leaves for easy balanced 5v5 and upwards fights!