Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

SWTOR is Great

AhnogAhnog Keller, TXPosts: 231Member Uncommon

1. As a good mmo should, the game provides for social interaction.

2. The class stories are great.

3. Leveling is fun.

4. There is a ton of things to do at 50.

5. The dailies do what dailies should do--provide a way to make the credits you need to play the game. Doing any one of the planets will give you enough for basic game play. The great thing is they don't have to be dailies.

6. Crafting is a blast and is really useful leveling up and providing a starting point for the end game.

7. The Instances and Operations are well made. Some complain they are to easy, but remember the target audience is not hardcore mmoers who hit 50 in a day, but Star Wars fans.

8. Heroics while leveling up prepares one for the end game, and provide plenty of opportunity for social interaction while leveling.

9. Pursuing datacroms is a good challenge for 50s.

10. Playing the GTN is fun and profitible.

11. There are plenty of opportunities for role playing.

12. While the world pvp didn't work out so well, the instanced pvp zones are great.

Overall, a great and exciting game.

Ahnog

Hokey religions are no replacement for a good blaster at your side.

«134

Comments

  • KyleranKyleran Tampa, FLPosts: 19,980Member Uncommon

    My opinion is that it is mostly average, and point to any of the hundreds of forum threads that detail why.

     

    In my day MMORPG's were so hard we fought our way through dungeons in the snow, uphill both ways.
    "I don't have one life, I have many lives" - Grunty
    Still currently "subscribed" to EVE, and only EVE!!!
    "This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

  • SlickShoesSlickShoes EdinburghPosts: 1,037Member Uncommon

    All i see is the tired old list of MMO "features". Quests, dungeons, auction house, daily quests (yuck) and broken PvP.

    Add in the fact that SWTORs world is full of corridors, loading screens and invisble walls, then you have one of the most uninspired and depressing MMO's ever to be released.

    image
  • Eir_SEir_S Argyle, NYPosts: 4,623Member
    Originally posted by SlickShoes

    All i see is the tired old list of MMO "features". Quests, dungeons, auction house, daily quests (yuck) and broken PvP.

    Add in the fact that SWTORs world is full of corridors, loading screens and invisble walls, then you have one of the most uninspired and depressing MMO's ever to be released.

    Tell us how you really feel!

     

    I didn't think it was "great".

  • AzureProwerAzurePrower AustraliaPosts: 1,508Member Uncommon

    Bravo OP.

    10/10

  • cinoscinos LondonPosts: 963Member

    If SWTOR was truly great then it wouldn't have lost nearly 70% of it's subscribers (2.4mil -> ~750k) in half a year and still falling.

    Sub fees apparently account for 40% of those losses (according to EA), so what about the other 60%?

    Sorry, but when a game which is made by Bioware, using the Star Wars IP and has a blank check from EA, fails to hold on to its subscribers, there is something inherently wrong with the game.

    SWTOR may be great for you therefore, which is fine, but unfortunately you are apparently in a vast minority that still hold on to that opinion.

     

     

     

  • IcewhiteIcewhite Elmhurst, ILPosts: 6,403Member
    Originally posted by Eir_S

    Tell us how you really feel!

    Most of the op pieces, at this point, are a litany of gripes gathered from other ops.  Heard someone else say how terrible <x> is, and I agree, so I'll repeat it.  Plug-n-play rote opinion.

    But this late in the game...doesn't strike me that there's any new knowledge to be gained anyway.  Just recycling the old grumbles.

     

    Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

  • skullquakerskullquaker manchesterPosts: 316Member
    at least i got a nice statue and  sound track  to remind me how great this game could of been
  • AhnogAhnog Keller, TXPosts: 231Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by SlickShoes

    All i see is the tired old list of MMO "features". Quests, dungeons, auction house, daily quests (yuck) and broken PvP.

    Add in the fact that SWTORs world is full of corridors, loading screens and invisble walls, then you have one of the most uninspired and depressing MMO's ever to be released.

     

    You see correctly that it has the traditional mmo features. You're tired of playing mmos and want something different. SWTOR producers wanted a game that would appeal to Star Wars fans, and that's what it is. Without a subscription Star Wars fans will pour into the game and be exposed to the mmo world. FTP is the way to go!

    Ahnog

    Hokey religions are no replacement for a good blaster at your side.

  • AhnogAhnog Keller, TXPosts: 231Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by cinos

    If SWTOR was truly great then it wouldn't have lost nearly 70% of it's subscribers (2.4mil -> ~750k) in half a year and still falling.

    Sub fees apparently account for 40% of those losses (according to EA), so what about the other 60%?

    Sorry, but when a game which is made by Bioware, using the Star Wars IP and has a blank check from EA, fails to hold on to its subscribers, there is something inherently wrong with the game.

    SWTOR may be great for you therefore, which is fine, but unfortunately you are apparently in a vast minority that still hold on to that opinion.

     

     

     

     

    I don't mind holding a minority opinion; majorty opinions are not necessarily correct ones.

    Ahnog

    Hokey religions are no replacement for a good blaster at your side.

  • JimyHumuHumuJimyHumuHumu BilbaoPosts: 250Member

    @op

    no its not. Its just as great as about every other game out there, a bit more great than some crappy games.

    And its less great than many other mmos. I believe that sums it up, no?

  • GdemamiGdemami Beau VallonPosts: 7,860Member Uncommon


    I really like crafting in SWTOR.

    The only thing I find pity is that the intriguing choice of either have your companion to aid you or have him/her on crafting mission is gone once you get 2 or more companions.

  • cinoscinos LondonPosts: 963Member
    Originally posted by Ahnog
    Originally posted by cinos

    If SWTOR was truly great then it wouldn't have lost nearly 70% of it's subscribers (2.4mil -> ~750k) in half a year and still falling.

    Sub fees apparently account for 40% of those losses (according to EA), so what about the other 60%?

    Sorry, but when a game which is made by Bioware, using the Star Wars IP and has a blank check from EA, fails to hold on to its subscribers, there is something inherently wrong with the game.

    SWTOR may be great for you therefore, which is fine, but unfortunately you are apparently in a vast minority that still hold on to that opinion.

     

     

     

     

    I don't mind holding a minority opinion; majorty opinions are not necessarily correct ones.

    Which is why I said it's fine. :p

    The point of my post however was to illustrate that "unfortunately" the vast majority do not think the same as you regarding this game. Something that should never have happened considering the pedigree and resources involved in creating it.

     

     

  • EiviEivi DundeePosts: 96Member

    I agree with the OP, it has its flaws but isnt a complete write off.

     

    [mod edit]

    image
  • GdemamiGdemami Beau VallonPosts: 7,860Member Uncommon


    Originally posted by cinosThe point of my post however was to illustrate that "unfortunately" the vast majority do not think the same as you regarding this game.
     

    You are not correct tho, but that is fine too...

  • everlandeverland EverlandPosts: 71Member
    Originally posted by JimyHumuHumu

    @op

    no its not. Its just as great as about every other game out there, a bit more great than some crappy games.

    And its less great than many other mmos. I believe that sums it up, no?

    Yep, it's like that. Op just listed features that any other mmorpg has, might aswell just write that "Every mmorpg is great" if those features are all that make him satisfied.

  • cinoscinos LondonPosts: 963Member
    Originally posted by Gdemami

     


    Originally posted by cinos

     

    The point of my post however was to illustrate that "unfortunately" the vast majority do not think the same as you regarding this game.
     


     

    You are not correct tho, but that is fine too...

    ?

    So you are saying that the vast majority think SWTOR is great?

    If so, I would love to hear the reasoning behind that one.

  • GdemamiGdemami Beau VallonPosts: 7,860Member Uncommon


    Originally posted by everland

    Yep, it's like that. Op just listed features that any other mmorpg has, might aswell just write that "Every mmorpg is great" if those features are all that make him satisfied.

    Because every same feature is implemented in every each game same way, right?

    EVE online has dungeons, WoW has dungeons...yet you would hardly find games that differ so much from each other.

  • GdemamiGdemami Beau VallonPosts: 7,860Member Uncommon


    Originally posted by cinos

    So you are saying that the vast majority think SWTOR is great?

    Did I say anything like that?

    All I can say is that there is currently +500k people who consider SWTOR worth their money, which is way more than any other game apart from WoW.


    So if you are so in love with reasoning behind the claims, you may start to seek reason or better - motives, behind your own.

  • BrokenSpoonBrokenSpoon LondonPosts: 205Member
    Good thing about being a person is your entitled to your own opinion.. I have my own too and thought SW was a big pile of pants, but am pleased someone is enjoying it atleast.

    All hail the Barn Owl! oh.. and the RED SQUIRREL!!!

  • everlandeverland EverlandPosts: 71Member
    Originally posted by Gdemami

     


    Originally posted by everland

    Yep, it's like that. Op just listed features that any other mmorpg has, might aswell just write that "Every mmorpg is great" if those features are all that make him satisfied.

     

    Because every same feature is implemented in every each game same way, right?

    EVE online has dungeons, WoW has dungeons...yet you would hardly find games that differ so much from each other.


    Well, that is my point. You can say "Dungeons are great" in any mmorpg, since every mmo has them, so why write it at all. He should write why the hell are they better than in any other game, if he doesn't, what's the point of this post. To say to the world he just liked it? What to discuss here?

  • warbot7777warbot7777 Atlanta, GAPosts: 110Member
    Originally posted by infeeect
    Have fun on your own then.

    This is the problem I'm having. Anytime I log on, there is no one to play with so I just log off.

  • EiviEivi DundeePosts: 96Member
    Originally posted by warbot7777
    Originally posted by infeeect
    Have fun on your own then.

    This is the problem I'm having. Anytime I log on, there is no one to play with so I just log off.


    Everytime i log on atm, the fleets have 200+ players, mostly looking for groups. I currently level with my friend and am having issues with mobs being dead on kill quests. Doesnt really point towards a dead world.

    image
  • TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Arkham, VAPosts: 10,910Member

    I found the non-standard MMORPG content to be really cool. None of the standard MMORPG content really appealed to me though. I could have played the game without the character skill progression, world quests, inventory management and crafting and been pretty happy.

    I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

  • cinoscinos LondonPosts: 963Member
    Originally posted by Gdemami
    Originally posted by cinos
    Originally posted by Gdemami 

    Originally posted by cinos

     

    The point of my post however was to illustrate that "unfortunately" the vast majority do not think the same as you regarding this game.
     


     You are not correct tho, but that is fine too...

    ?

    So you are saying that the vast majority think SWTOR is great?

    If so, I would love to hear the reasoning behind that one.

    Did I say anything like that?

    All I can say is that there is currently +500k people who consider SWTOR worth their money, which is way more than any other game apart from WoW.


    So if you are so in love with reasoning behind the claims, you may start to seek reason or better - motives, behind your own.

    Had to do some re-edtiing to include my previous post as you conveniently left it out.

    Yes, yes you did say something like that.

    You said I was not correct in saying that the majority do not think like the op, which in turn imply's that you believe the majority agrees with the op. Which is why I sought clarification, and asked you a question (notice the ?). I didn't make a passing statement on you which is how you have reacted.

    Also please try and understand the word 'reasoning' before you try and confront people in such a condescending manner next time.

    Edit: Stupid words. :p

  • GdemamiGdemami Beau VallonPosts: 7,860Member Uncommon


    Originally posted by everland

    Well, that is my point.

    I now see your point but your argument is not correct tho because not all dungeons are the same as I pointed out.

    Even if I elaborate about aspects of the game I like, it is still the like or dislike which holds no room for discussion, it is a subject to favour not a reason.


    I agree there is nothing to discuss but then if you were after constructive posts on these boards, I am afraid you would not find much interesting, especially when it comes to SWTOR.

    I find it a bit refreshing tho after the monotony of "SWTOR FAILS !!!" the forums are flooded by for now.

«134
Sign In or Register to comment.