Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FORUM EXPERIMENT: Do You Play This MMO?

1234568»

Comments

• VidirVidir Member UncommonPosts: 963
    Originally posted by MikeB

Hey guys,

I'd like to do a forum experiment on some of our most trafficked forums. This will be simple and straightforward. Below, you'll find a set of basic questions that I'd like you to answer (copy and paste the questions as is into your reply, retain all formatting, do not add anything). This isn't a discussion thread, so responding to other users' responses is not allowed. These posts will be removed.

Were you interested in this game before it came out? Why? Why not?:Yes,the game had been talked about for many years Before realease and the exitment grove over the years

Do you currently play this game?:No.

If yes, please explain why:

If no, please explain why:I did not like anything in this game expect the travel system wich was fine. Did not like the skillsystem.The events were gamebreaking for me anoying.

What MMOs are you currently playing and why do you play these particular titles?:Non right now.

What compels you to post in this particular subforum as frequently (or infrequently) as you do?

Thanks for your responses! Remember, please just copy the above questions and answer them straightforwardly if you'd like to participate in this.

NOTE: Please do not answer questions that currently do not apply. Feel free to edit your answers to these questions in once the game goes live.

• SomeOldBlokeSomeOldBloke Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

Were you interested in this game before it came out? Why? Why not?:

No, I didn't like Gulid Wars so assumed I wouldn't like this.

Do you currently play this game?:

No

If no, please explain why:

Played for a couple of months but it got repetitive. End gamer is the same as every other MMO.

What MMOs are you currently playing and why do you play these particular titles?:

Currently none, they are all the same with a different skin. Waiting for something different to come along.

What compels you to post in this particular subforum as frequently (or infrequently) as you do?

I rarely post as most thread end in a flame war after the first page.

• NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671
    Originally posted by MikeB

Hey guys,

I'd like to do a forum experiment on some of our most trafficked forums. This will be simple and straightforward. Below, you'll find a set of basic questions that I'd like you to answer (copy and paste the questions as is into your reply, retain all formatting, do not add anything). This isn't a discussion thread, so responding to other users' responses is not allowed. These posts will be removed.

Yes most definitely.  It was one of my most anticipated titles ever.  I loved GW1 more specifically the pvp and I had high hopes for the sequel.  I enjoyed the pve as well and thought the new systems would be a refreshing take.

Do you currently play this game?: Nope

If no, please explain why: ANet apparently bailed on pvp players in the transition from GW1 to GW2.  PvP in GW2 is literally the worst pvp in any mmo i have ever played and WvW is a travesty.

What MMOs are you currently playing and why do you play these particular titles?:
    Darkfall - has its bugs but at least I get my pvp fix. 

Any topic that piques my interest will get my response.  I don't have any particular eye out for GW2 or any other title.

Steam: Neph

• fantasyfreak112fantasyfreak112 Member Posts: 499

Were you interested in this game before it came out? Why? Why not?: Yes, was expecting something fresh and fun with lasting power and innovation. Thought it would at least be more of a e-sport then WoW pvp was.

Do you currently play this game?: No

If no, please explain why: The gameplay ended up being the most shallow I've ever encountered. It's fun for a few levels but you quickly come to the realization that quest grinding and heart grinding are one and the same. Replacing the standard trinity system with Dps/Dps/Dps is also not reinventing the wheel, it's replacing the wheel with nothing.

Levels also didn't matter because you were constantly leveled down depending on the area and you start at max in pvp which begs the question: why have levels at all? There were very few skills and most weapon combinations are not viable. This leads to complete boredom by the time you hit level 20 or so.

Socially this game is the biggest disaster ever. Other players are more like bots, helping you with a community quest without saying a word then running off, maybe never to be seen again. Ironically guilds are comically insignificant in a game called Guild Wars, I always felt like I was playing a single player game despite the guild I was in.

Pvp is probably the worst thing about this game. In WvW you travel in something called a blob. Where 30+ players stack right on top of each other and just run through another blob spamming AoE's and stuns. Generally whoever has the bigger blob wins. In battlegrounds it is a keyspamming zergfest with abysmal targeting and a horrible lack of build diversity. 9/10 players are completely built around condition damage and if you play randoms with friends you end up fighting them as much as WITH them. Pvp in this game will never be an esport because it is utter chaos, where you can hardly follow what anyone is doing from a spectator standpoint.

What MMOs are you currently playing and why do you play these particular titles?: I abandoned MMO's, they have all been built for the lowest common denominator for a decade now and the only niche games are terrible in quality. AKA Darkfall UW, DDO, etc. Played p99 for a while but it's just getting way too old(14 years to be exact) I need something fresh and immersive, a living world made for D&D/PnP fans, not every random 12 year old.

What compels you to post in this particular subforum as frequently (or infrequently) as you do? Good question, never really thought about it. Just keeping an eye out for something worth playing while informing people of what they can realistically expect from games that fanboi's love to hype.

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

I was for a short while. I had high hopes for the crafting, housing, and mini games. But none of those features shaped up to be something I would buy a game for.

nope

Far too combat centric for my tastes.

FFXIV. Dedicated crafting and gathering classes, guild housing, player housing, player driven economy, no gems or cash shops.

I post in this subforum once or twice a week. Used to be more when the arguments were more heated and the haters/fanboys where spreading misinformation in full force. Now I just check in to see something new they are adding or whatever obnoxious self promoting they are doing haha! (sorry jk jk)

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Yes, was hoping it would be a good RvR game, boy was I wrong, it's absolutely terrible compared to old school DAOC (Pre-ToA)

No

It's far too casual friendly, it has a cash shop instead of a subscription (but it's not worth a subscription fee seeing as it's a true B2P game), the world is too instanced and the pvp as well isn't open world. I prefer real mmorpg's like Ultima Online, Asheron's Call, Daoc (Pre-ToA)....they just don't make good old school mmorpg's anymore.

I've always been subscribed to Ultima Online, even though I don't play often. Other than that, I'm really not playing an mmorpg atm, there are no real true mmorpg's that aren't old and outdated nowadays. Game companies are happy spewing out rehashed mmo's with no real world, no soul these days, so there's nothing for me to play atm.

Always hoping there may be a true mmorpg to come out again, so I frequent the mmorpg forums, because it is suppose to have info about new and upcoming mmorpg's as well as older ones. These days though it's looking like this forum isn't really for mmorp's specifically anymore, which is sad. Wish there was a better site with just mmorpg's info, if there is one that I'm not aware of please let me know.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• LittleBootLittleBoot Member Posts: 326

Yes because I loved GW1.

No

Three reasons : 

1. I got bored very quickly.

2. It did not live up to its predecessor.  

3. I fundamentally disliked many of the game mechanics (overly-simplified).  

Rift on and off and FFaRR- just game hopping. 

What compels you to post in this particular subforum as frequently (or infrequently) as you do?

I don't; I just saw this on the main post list when I logged on and it intrigued me.  

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083

Were you interested in the game before it came out? Why? Why not?:

Yes, because it promised to deliver a new type of MMORPG to the players.

Yes, occasionally.

If yes, please explain why:

To see if they have starting fixing the game's problems.

What MMO's are you currently playing and why do you play these particular titles?

WoW, RIFT, EQ, several betas.

What compels you post in this subforum as frequently or infrequently as you do?

To share my game knowledge with new comers looking for something to do and to point them in the direction to help them get there :)

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701

Yes I thought/hoped it would be good

No

Because it wasnt good.

I play Asherons Call because its better than the other MMOs i have tried.

I posted on here because i saw it on the front page.

• raslirasli Member UncommonPosts: 56

Yes played GW1 interested in GW2

Yes

Tons of things to do, love the combat mechanic, enjoy wvw a lot

Gw2

If there are interesting discussions

• firefly2003firefly2003 Member UncommonPosts: 2,527
    Holy Necro !!!

• caremuchlesscaremuchless Member Posts: 603

Still playing, fun game. I am getting a bit bored. I look forward to the expansion. Mmos are growing old.....there is so many things you can do within the confines of "mmo".

This forum is full of a lot of Crying. No matter what game I look at, most of the posts are negative.

This isn't trolling. I am not looking to cause a debate. There are official GW2 forums that are better to be talking about the game in. If I still played WoW, I wouldn't be on these forums, cause there are official forums there as well.

As another poster said, "I don't post much on this forum. GW2 doesn't need to be defended or criticized, it stands on its own feet.

It will do well whether some people like it or not."

• RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029

bloodborne and the dark souls series are the best multi-player games ever made.

they are probably mo`s and not mmo`s

ill play ESO if i have nothing else to play the combat is ok.

waiting for skyforge,but mmos`s are lacking something.

ill probably get the GW2 expantion,bepends on how desperate i am,GW2 blew me away when it came out now it just feels like a grind.

• DelCabonDelCabon Member UncommonPosts: 258

I had no real excitement about GW2 before its release. Some friends were planning to play so I joined them and really enjoyed the game until I hit the level cap.

I do check in every now and then. I have played through 3 alts and maxxed out all my crafters.

I check in from time to time to visit some friends and play casually.

As I am already at camp I am not a big fan of grinding upgrades or playing pvp.

I am currently playing ESO on a regular basis. I also play DDO and LOTRO albeit infrequently at the moment.

I share the sentiment of earlier posters in not being a fan of the negativity and especially the personal digs, but there are times when I find some constructive posts.

Del Cabon
    A US Army ('Just Cause') Vet and MMORPG Native formerly of Trinsic, Norath and Dereth. Currently playing LOTRO.