Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Enjoying so far

mrputtsmrputts Member UncommonPosts: 283

Pick this game up on Amazon for $20 after doing the 7 day trial. 

I got to say I think it is a rather fun game. The combat is refreshing enough to not be boring. Fighting the big ass monsters in the open world is cool, and switches it up from the easy leveling fodder. Quests are a lot of kill 10,000 of this or that, but I sadly have grown to expect that.

Haven't tried the PVP yet.

I will be sticking around. With the raid patch coming out and battlegrounds in august Might be fun.

Mrputts

Ea is like a poo fingered midas ~ShakyMo

Comments

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194

I am playing Tera at the moment.

Though it is nothing special, I have to say it is much better than many AAA games released recently.

Overall it is a bit underrated.

Playing almost 2 months, still not bored.

• mrputtsmrputts Member UncommonPosts: 283

I have only been playing for a week or 2. (been playing with a RL friend).

Already lvl 30 on my priest. Just rolled a Lancer only on lvl 8. I think the Blocking system is fun. Makes you have to read the body language of the Mob to know when it is attacking.

Healing while not completly different is fun without the Tab targeting.

• hockeyplayrhockeyplayr Member UncommonPosts: 604

I just picked it up today, mainly bec ause I never see anyone complaining about it so it must at least be decent

• Reas43Reas43 Member Posts: 297
    Originally posted by hockeyplayr

I just picked it up today, mainly bec ause I never see anyone complaining about it so it must at least be decent

Please.  Do you honestly think anyone would be so dense to not see someone's shaking a shiny bait at them as if they were a little fish of kitten?

On second thought . . .  yea . . . I think they'll bite.

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    I'm not feeling this game is worth the sub,  I just don't like losing the ability to play a game if I'm not maintaining a subscription, but if it ends up going F2P I will definately check it out. I sure wish it adopted the B2P model instead.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

you must not read these forums then :P

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• PostcardsPostcards Member Posts: 105
    It's a good thing a lot of people don't pay a sub fee anymore in the US.
    Chrono Scrolls

Originally posted by Reas43

Please.  Do you honestly think anyone would be so dense to not see someone's shaking a shiny bait at them as if they were a little fish of kitten?

On second thought . . .  yea . . . I think they'll bite.

Originally posted by Aerowyn

• hockeyplayrhockeyplayr Member UncommonPosts: 604
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

I glance at them these days.  Its mostly everyone complaining about swtor

• tkoreapertkoreaper Member UncommonPosts: 412
    Played it for some time, but quickly became bored after my 4th lvl 30+ character. Classes quickly become stale and there just isn't enough class customization for me. Quests are extremely boring... No PvP until end game pretty much... and the bosses are quite trivial. Add that to the fact that the Korean version of the game is several patches ahead and recently lost a bunch of their players because the game really isn't worth it and that's my reason for no longer wasting my time on the game.
  • otacuotacu Member UncommonPosts: 547

HC! An "i'm enjoying playing Tera" thread!

Must be like 1-2 months since the last one.

Hope OP will share his impressions when he reaches level 60 too

• mithranftwmithranftw Member Posts: 14
    Originally posted by eyelolled
    I'm not feeling this game is worth the sub,  I just don't like losing the ability to play a game if I'm not maintaining a subscription, but if it ends up going F2P I will definately check it out. I sure wish it adopted the B2P model instead.

You don't REALLY have to pay a sub. Some players buy chronoscrolls off the Tera digital store and sell them in-game rather cheaply.  It adds 30 days of play time to your account.  It's kind of amazing how cheap they sell for. On my server they are only going for 1600g!

• tkoreapertkoreaper Member UncommonPosts: 412
    Originally posted by mithranftw
    Originally posted by eyelolled

You don't REALLY have to pay a sub. Some players buy chronoscrolls off the Tera digital store and sell them in-game rather cheaply.  It adds 30 days of play time to your account.  It's kind of amazing how cheap they sell for. On my server they are only going for 1600g!

Not very casual friendly. It's nice and all, but the in-game currency could be much better spent on something else. The whole reason that was even put in the game was to combat gold sellers.

Not very casual friendly? Last night I casually made 600 gold from the quests given during the one hour Nexus event which ran twice last night. Today there will be two more so that's another 600 gold. I'm not even counting gold awarded from dailies. And no farming whatsoever.

That's 1200 passively obtained casual gold over 2 days of 1 weekend. That right there is 1 Chronoscrolls / 30 days of playtime. The only way it could get more casual and relaxed is if they mailed you the gold in game.

Yes, it does a dynamite job keeping RMTs at bay. But has a wonderful side effect of being the P2P that pays for itself by simply playing it.
  • mrputtsmrputts Member UncommonPosts: 283
    Originally posted by otacu

HC! An "i'm enjoying playing Tera" thread!

Must be like 1-2 months since the last one.

Hope OP will share his impressions when he reaches level 60 too

I will share my impressions of end game. And trust me if I start to dislike the game. At that exact moment I will be Alt tabing to my web browser, and letting you all know. 

I don't know when I will get bored of it. Or if I will. Playing with a RL friend that is having as much fun as I am helps alot I am sure.

Plus the Guild I am in is very friendly.

But I wll tell you when I get into the "End Game" which to me is not as big a deal as it is to most people. Because I enjoy the "Beginning Game" and the "Middle Game".  

• WrenderWrender Member Posts: 1,386
    Awesome game!
  • WarriorNeedsWarriorNeeds Member Posts: 34

The combat in this game is the best, bar none.  I really really enjoy the fighting in it.

If my sub is still active, maybe I will pop in and try it again!