Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Too Hard , I'm done .. :(

1234568»

Comments

• Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059
    Originally posted by UsualSuspect
    Originally posted by Crazy_Stick

I came to dread combat in that while my leech healing, blood magic-ing, Illuminati healer almost never died in on level encounters it took forever to finish off the kinds of mobs I would aggro. I just wanted to see the next part of the mission story already...

I just wanted to point this out, as it's what people have been saying through the thread. So, you have a leech healing, blood magic healer and you're soloing. So... Who are you healing? Yourself. Then why build yourself as a healer if you're only healing yourself?

Leeching comes from Assault Rifles, so switch out everything but Anima Shot for self healing, throw on some DPS abilities, add some Blood affliction abilities, switch out the healing talismans for attack/to hit talismans, and voila. You're healing yourself and your DPS is massively improved. Need to team up and heal? Switch it all back again.

Now how hard is that? Why quit and cry over something you can fix in a couple of minutes? You're not playing a solid class in The Secret World, you're playing whatever you design your character to be.

Oh gee... let's take me out of context and pick on this one issue from my post in an attempt "to spin it all another way." :(

Oh gee... I must have been soloing all the time rather than healing in PVP or instances...

Oh gee... I must have access to all this marvelous gear making changing out roles so very easy...

Oh gee... I must have just quit and cried rather than deciding it just wasn't fun "for me." The game must be perfect.

Oh gee... am I left sarcastic today and feeling unfairly ruffled from my repose by a disagreable sort looking to troll me personally. Perhaps, I should make an example of him too. But I think I prefer to just politely disagree.

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773
    Originally posted by Praetalus
    So let me get this straight.... people complain that games are too solo friendly and not encouraging grouping... then people complain that games are too hard to solo and that they shouldn't have to group.... man... sounds so fun to be a delevoper....

Odd enough it's possible to avoid both those issues. I

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• tharkthark Member UncommonPosts: 1,188
    Originally posted by andypandyr
    Originally posted by SpottyGekko

As I said many times before in these forums, I love TSW just the way it is (excluding the Gearmanager and chat bugs).

However, the cold reality is that if TSW is not keeping "enough" subs to meet FC's expectations, they WILL start taking note of common complaints (forums, end sub exit reasons, etc.). If "the game is too hard" is a major reason for players quitting, FC will make adjustments.

At this point, TSW is one of the last members of the "AAA monthly sub" club. SW:TOR has just lost their membership, and they will gain players because of that.

Yes and as I mentioned earlier in the thread , one of the questions they asked when I cancelled my sub was " Did you find the game too hard " so they are obviously aware its an issue with some players.

Yes ofcourse they are...But for the love of god ..don't make them change the difficulty of the game..I read your most reacent posts where you said you will try diffrent builds do that..

If they change this they will ruin the entire game. Yes I know you paid for this game aswell and so did all the others complaining, but please.with sugar on a top..DO NOT MAKE EM CHANGE THE DIFFICULTY

• UsualSuspectUsualSuspect Member UncommonPosts: 1,243
    Sorry Crazy_Stick, I guess that post didn't come across as intended. That's the last time I rush through a post 5 minutes before work! The thing was I saw that section of your post and thought, "Why is he making life hard for himself? The skill wheel is so flexible there's no reason for it.".

For gear, all through the game you should be picking up green drops and these make for great gear switch outs. Leave the blues for your main healing role and pick up a few extras if you can.

It just seems a shame to have that part of the game be a downer for you when there's so many options to choose from.
  • andypandyrandypandyr Member UncommonPosts: 89
    Originally posted by thark

As I said many times before in these forums, I love TSW just the way it is (excluding the Gearmanager and chat bugs).

However, the cold reality is that if TSW is not keeping "enough" subs to meet FC's expectations, they WILL start taking note of common complaints (forums, end sub exit reasons, etc.). If "the game is too hard" is a major reason for players quitting, FC will make adjustments.

At this point, TSW is one of the last members of the "AAA monthly sub" club. SW:TOR has just lost their membership, and they will gain players because of that.

Yes and as I mentioned earlier in the thread , one of the questions they asked when I cancelled my sub was " Did you find the game too hard " so they are obviously aware its an issue with some players.

Yes ofcourse they are...But for the love of god ..don't make them change the difficulty of the game..I read your most reacent posts where you said you will try diffrent builds do that..

If they change this they will ruin the entire game. Yes I know you paid for this game aswell and so did all the others complaining, but please.with sugar on a top..DO NOT MAKE EM CHANGE THE DIFFICULTY

I'm actually playing the free weekend and have been Experimenting with a Fists / Pistols build and am just about try Fists/Chaos build tbh I have found using just Fists pretty cool and have found it much easier to play so far :)

They still need to adjust the Mob denisty/spawn rate in some areas though. Happily Kingsmouth area seems to just right ! lol

• tharkthark Member UncommonPosts: 1,188
    Originally posted by thark

I'm actually playing the free weekend and have been Experimenting with a Fists / Pistols build and am just about try Fists/Chaos build tbh I have found using just Fists pretty cool and have found it much easier to play so far :)

They still need to adjust the Mob denisty/spawn rate in some areas though. Happily Kingsmouth area seems to just right ! lol

Nice to hear that..Don't give up ..:)

• andypandyrandypandyr Member UncommonPosts: 89
    Originally posted by just1opinion
    Originally posted by Wickedjelly
    Kind of amazing how many feel the urge to flame the OP simply because he found the game difficult.

Yeah.  Welcome to MMORPG.com.  We shoot our lame, young, and those that simply think differently than we do.  We are a friendly happy community.  Enjoy your stay.

Tbh I though I would get flamed alot more than I did , mostly positve and helpful post though ,I must be lucky lol !

• wrightstufwrightstuf Member UncommonPosts: 659
    I havent figured out what's harder, reading the LFG spam or trying to respond fast enough as a DPS class
  • sfc1971sfc1971 Member UncommonPosts: 421

It must be said, TSW is about grouping, it makes so much of a difference, mobs become fun, questing is fast, near zero downtime between fights.

What I do is just go solo until someone asks me to group for a quest, then join them for as long as both of us are up to it. Works remarkably wel.

If you absolutely insist on going solo, you got to adjust your deck for it. Absolutely no action heals, rely purely on auto-self heals and learn how synergy works. Do it right, and you will finish fights mostly green. Do it wrong and each mob is a life and death struggle.

But really, this game is made for grouping. There are other games for going solo. SWTOR for one, you can alone on an entire planet.