Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Too Hard , I'm done .. :(

Comments

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192
    I love the challenge,I think its another refreshing aspect of the game.GW2 should be more your difficulty level OP
  • DaezAsterDaezAster Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Originally posted by laserit
    Originally posted by DaezAster
    Originally posted by cronius77

some of you guys seriously need to stop saying difficulty and get it right its redundancy that people are complaining about , the secret world is easy its called double tap and not stand in stuff wow 101 raiding .

I actually find the dodge only needed when your trying to avoid an aoe and have to back pedal which is to slow to escape the ring or cone. I feel the same way about redundancy myself where half way through egypt I had my 90% if not more of the time build and the rest of the skills where not getting slot time in my deck. I feel the deck building/skill wheel isn't really the problem though, it's more the lack of style and fun that combat consist of that makes the game feel tedious. How many people just kill mobs for the fun of it in this game?IMO funcom kind of forgot the fun part....

I have a lot of fun jumping up on a ledge, hindering a pack of zombies with a grenade and picking them off one by one before they reach me. Now if I would see there heads getting blown to bit's as I was doing this, it would be a lot funner.

My point is that I think, if the combat animations were more flashy, there would be a lot less people saying that the combat was tedious.

Have you noticed taking damage on that ledge where the zombies/vamps etc. aren't even swinging let alone anywhere near hitting you? 

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    Originally posted by andypandyr

There I've said it .. I dont mind a challenge but as a mostly solo play its just becoming frustrating .. dont know my arse from my Elbow call me a wimp ot whatever but bring back normal leveling for me .

I've gone back to Lotro , as I have a life sub and really enjoying it  :-) Not sure if to get GW2 tho ..

Too hard as well..............

Hello Kitty Online that way --------->

• Four0SixFour0Six Member UncommonPosts: 1,175

This thread could be used to extrapolate what is failing with society these days.

I don't think I will be the one to expound though, Im going to log back into TSW.

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

There used to be a game, a game which I consider the greatest MMO of all time, where you had to think before you walked, think before you pulled, and had to be prepared to die if you didnt bring friends.  Sure you could solo, but the game was so much better with friends.  Games were made to be played with others, once again sure they could be solo, but no way in hell you were going to solo a level 164 Umbris Shadow, that was chained to 6-7 other mobs, and we liked it that way.  There was a challenge.

Asherons Call, was that once great game, TSW is the closest feel to danger, skill and thought processing I have seen since 1999.  Every game since then has been nothing but easy mode.  I will even argue, TSW is still too easy, I wish there was some type of group mechanic scaling feature, cause Solo it can be hard, duo feels just right, but 3+ its too easy.

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Originally posted by laserit

some of you guys seriously need to stop saying difficulty and get it right its redundancy that people are complaining about , the secret world is easy its called double tap and not stand in stuff wow 101 raiding .

I actually find the dodge only needed when your trying to avoid an aoe and have to back pedal which is to slow to escape the ring or cone. I feel the same way about redundancy myself where half way through egypt I had my 90% if not more of the time build and the rest of the skills where not getting slot time in my deck. I feel the deck building/skill wheel isn't really the problem though, it's more the lack of style and fun that combat consist of that makes the game feel tedious. How many people just kill mobs for the fun of it in this game?IMO funcom kind of forgot the fun part....

I have a lot of fun jumping up on a ledge, hindering a pack of zombies with a grenade and picking them off one by one before they reach me. Now if I would see there heads getting blown to bit's as I was doing this, it would be a lot funner.

My point is that I think, if the combat animations were more flashy, there would be a lot less people saying that the combat was tedious.

Have you noticed taking damage on that ledge where the zombies/vamps etc. aren't even swinging let alone anywhere near hitting you? 

That is something I have experianced with other games but no, I havnt yet in this game. What I do notice is that they try to find a path up the ledge. One of my strategies with mobs mobs that I have a tough time taking down is to find a spot that they will have to path and then hinder them, which usually will give the the extra time I need to defeat them.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• sycofiendsycofiend Member UncommonPosts: 129
    Originally posted by Kenze

Im getting frustrated too w/ the difficulty.  Not complexity of missions/quests or  even combat mechanics. Its that Im finding mob difficulty and density/agro range is just to harsh for a soloer. I either have to take enough healing skills/gear that killing anything takes me 15+mins or take enough dps skills/gear that I can kill 1 or 2 of the pack surrounding me but die to the third or i get lucky and kill all 3 w/ 100hp left only to have the same mobs near insta respawn on top of me again because the mobs were so packed close together or agro range was so huge that i died instantly

And this is just in Savage Coast and I have all ql4 talismans and ql6 weapons.

Odd,  I have soloed through the first 3 zones with little Issue.  Now granted, you have to use your head, and respawn rates were sometimes a bit harsh.  I found this game to have just about the right amount of challenge for me.

Did you get some of the QL5 blues from the Savage Coast Vendor next to Red's ?

I was doing fine in Savage coast even before getting QL6 weps, perhaps you just need to examine your build, I had to play with mine a bit and have switched weapons a few times getting a feel for it.

DPS builds at start seem to do well, and a tad of support/healing doesnt hurt either.  Build WILL make a huge difference though.

I started Pistols/Blood and it was tough, although I still developed a strat.  Incorporated Assult Rifles, and it was almost too easy.  Find the right weapon synergies and things will open up for you I think.

• Kensaiken0Kensaiken0 Member Posts: 9

There I've said it .. I dont mind a challenge but as a mostly solo play its just becoming frustrating .. dont know my arse from my Elbow call me a wimp ot whatever but bring back normal leveling for me .

I've gone back to Lotro , as I have a life sub and really enjoying it  :-) Not sure if to get GW2 tho ..

This is a prime example of what Funcom was aiming for, This is not an "Easy mode" MMO it is not difficult if you do not try the "Holy trinity" for soloing you have to mix it up, i am half way through eqypt with no issues what so ever, Hybrid solo tank for groups, Posts like these just go to show that Funcom have made a huge success and gaining the "Thinking" players and adult audience it was intended for.

Game on Funcom!

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222

The solo challenge is such a breath of fresh air for me.  I was so tired of MMO's where you can literally shut your eyes and jam abilities and solo effectively. 

I actually thought this game was pretty dull in the first two zones (kingsmouth and Savage Coast).  The real fun began in Blue Mountain (also the Franklin mansion quest line may be my favorite MMO quest line ever...other than the EQ1 epic quests) and that is where people are saying they are having issues.  I guess it is all subjective.  But making your own build and then testing it on truly challenging content has won me over.

Also the first Egypt zone has a city that is essentially a war zone.  You have to watch every corner you turn in the rough outer edges of the city.  Not to mention climbing on roof tops exploring every liitle corner of every building is great fun.

It's funny that the game could change so much in the later zones to make it go from so so boring to the most fun I've had in an MMO in a very very long time.  I really don't blame open beta testers for quiting as the first two zones are pretty damn dull, too bad they are missing out on the challenge and good times of the later zones. 

• sycofiendsycofiend Member UncommonPosts: 129
    Originally posted by Myrdynn

There used to be a game, a game which I consider the greatest MMO of all time, where you had to think before you walked, think before you pulled, and had to be prepared to die if you didnt bring friends.  Sure you could solo, but the game was so much better with friends.  Games were made to be played with others, once again sure they could be solo, but no way in hell you were going to solo a level 164 Umbris Shadow, that was chained to 6-7 other mobs, and we liked it that way.  There was a challenge.

Asherons Call, was that once great game, TSW is the closest feel to danger, skill and thought processing I have seen since 1999.  Every game since then has been nothing but easy mode.  I will even argue, TSW is still too easy, I wish there was some type of group mechanic scaling feature, cause Solo it can be hard, duo feels just right, but 3+ its too easy.

At first I thought you were talking about EQ .. it had that as well.   another old game, but EVE is about the only other MMO I can think of that gives you that adrenaline rush, goose-bumps feeling (for PVP anyway)

The strange thing for me and TSW, is that its basically a forced Solo game for much of the storyline, but there is group content. So far it has felt "awkward" for me to transition into group play because I have become so entrenched in the solo story. (although I do co-op with random people from all 3 factions on quests all the time and love it)

That and as I mentioned in another thread so far the group folks scared me off with some of the "elite" attitude.  I think finding a cabal is probably my next objective, and I do want to start doing the instances, but have been hesitant to try

• andypandyrandypandyr Member UncommonPosts: 89
    Originally posted by Kensaiken0

This is a prime example of what Funcom was aiming for, This is not an "Easy mode" MMO it is not difficult if you do not try the "Holy trinity" for soloing you have to mix it up, i am half way through eqypt with no issues what so ever, Hybrid solo tank for groups, Posts like these just go to show that Funcom have made a huge success and gaining the "Thinking" players and adult audience it was intended for.

Game on Funcom!

Well I'm 55 and do think alot  .. does that qualify for your criteria as an adult audience ?

Game on Funcom!

Well I'm 55 and do think alot  .. does that qualify for your criteria as an adult audience ?

You really don't like creating a build and testing it against challenging content?  I guess if you fail it could hit too close to home as you would only have yourself to blame, but damn it's fun when you succeed.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Game on Funcom!

Bwa ha ha, you're older than me..... ok, I turn 55 this year image

Yep, its true, the challenge can be a bit much in these MMOs for some of us who's reflexes aren't quite up to par or have spouses constantly trying to draw our attention to the television.   (Oh look what Rizolli is saying to her mother now) image

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Game on Funcom!

Yep, its true, the challenge can be a bit much in these MMOs for some of us who's reflexes aren't quite up to par or have spouses constantly trying to draw our attention to the television.   (Oh look what Rizolli is saying to her mother now) image

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

I'm sticking with it (playing VERY casually), but I feel the OP's pain. I'm currently working toward the 'Slayer' deck (Illuminati, BL / AR) and am having a tough time with finding a decent build to use in the interim, while not wasting any points in trees not working toward that goal.

The Savage Coast is definitely a spike in difficulty, mostly due to mob density and especially respawn rates. The majority of solo mobs I can kill easily with 95% health remaining, it's all the damned adds that make my life hell. Any more than one mob adding and I'm dead in most cases, although there have been exceptions.

Honestly, just tweaking the respawns would be fine.

• jdnycjdnyc Member UncommonPosts: 1,643

lol people are in denial worse then GW2 fans on this game. I played all the way trhough egypt within the first week of release and got to faction rank 9. Its not the game is all that hard in fact there is like two or three melee builds and two or three ranged builds and some hybrids , then survival builds. People that are fans of this game make it out to be like we are stupid and ignorant gamers and dont understand the secret world. The game is redundant from its skill sets to its monsters. There is a total lack of quality and once majority of the mainstream get beyond blue mountain they see that. Difficulity is super easy you dodge out of stuff its so simple to do and its not the difficultly its the amount of health a mob has to kill it and the damage it does , then you get a second on you and have to dodge that crap and it taking forever to kill it .

I seriously wanted so bad to like this game and have a industry change besides just GW2 being different but TSW current quality sucks period. The skill wheel is like 90% filler and people will defend it like its the next coming of jesus saying its not to learn to play. Guess what I did know HOW to play and did it quite well. Its slow combat many crappy skills over lapping each other because funcom had no clue how to make more damage sets and ailments. You do two sets of skills each fight 1 builder and 1 finisher and maybe a skill that creates an ailment then you do the same burst with your second weapon , rinse, repeat. Im not saying that GW2 is the second coming but damn at least they have better builds and more diversity in it. By the middle of egypt i was so bored to tears I couldnt even finish out my free month and from the crappy looking patch with only 7 new missions I know ill never be going back to it.

Let's see.  You finish the verticle progression in the game and stopped.  Then complain there's not enough variance or utility basically.  That's when the real game begins for TSW and that's why you think the fans are in denial.  You HAVE to change your builds to beat certain content at about the point you stopped playing.  Eye of Horus mission - YOU HAVE TO HAVE HIT.  Glances heal the mobs.

As for Transylvania - well, everything you've said above has been proven wrong.  Everything.  Your claims are baseless and all those 'useless' abilities you're talking about, all of sudden are really useful. 

But the game isn't for everyone.  I'm sure you'll get a lot of strategy and mechanics from GW2 zerg fest dungeons and dynamic events.  Don't worry about hurting your finger either - the easy mode auto-attack and two double tap dodges will keep you moving as you dodge more of the stay out of the fire WoW stuff you've been damning TSW for having.

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

I'm confused...

TSW is a lot of things, but HARD? Are you kidding me!?

Unless you aren't really paying attention to the skills / are just using the decks they predetermine for you (which are all varying degrees of awful), the game is pretty damned easy. Just requires people to pay a little bit of attention to their skills.

The game has its flaws... but of all the reasons to quit TSW,.. complaining about the difficulty just seems puzzling to me. The whole game (aside from dungeons) can be completed by yourself.

• jdnycjdnyc Member UncommonPosts: 1,643
    Originally posted by aesperus

The game has its flaws... but of all the reasons to quit TSW,.. complaining about the difficulty just seems puzzling to me. The whole game (aside from dungeons) can be completed by yourself.

Carpathian Fangs disagrees with you.

• andypandyrandypandyr Member UncommonPosts: 89
    Originally posted by Kyleran

Game on Funcom!

Yeah I can relate to that ! For me though its " ooh look whats happening in Coronation Street or East Enders !  image

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

The funny thing is, I could accept the challenge and unlock all builds and swap builds when I need to, I just don't find that fun in the slightest.  Hence why I quit 2 -3 weeks into the game and in the last few zones of Transylvania.  It's just not worth the effort and the combat bores the tears out of me due to how long fighting one mob can take.  I already had 2 decks unlocked and quite a few other skills handy, I just don't like dying on a mission and then having to redo my favorite playstyle just to complete it, all for what?  More AP to change more builds?  Ok...what else is there to do in this supposed MMORPG?  I'll pass and enjoy GW2 where I am literally overwhelmed with things to do and I can pick 2 weapon setups and builds and play my way.  I too am on the OPs side.  Thinking about playing some Lotro again to hold me over to the 25th.

• herrintherrint Member UncommonPosts: 43

Lol TSW is redundant and boring with no economy whatsoever.... It took  2 weeks to get to gatekeeper then i asked myself what can i do to make this fun... There was nothing left oh well on to the next game.

BTW someone should bring back Tabula Rasla and make it f2p.

Originally posted by elocke

The funny thing is, I could accept the challenge and unlock all builds and swap builds when I need to, I just don't find that fun in the slightest.  Hence why I quit 2 -3 weeks into the game and in the last few zones of Transylvania.  It's just not worth the effort and the combat bores the tears out of me due to how long fighting one mob can take.  I already had 2 decks unlocked and quite a few other skills handy, I just don't like dying on a mission and then having to redo my favorite playstyle just to complete it, all for what?  More AP to change more builds?  Ok...what else is there to do in this supposed MMORPG?  I'll pass and enjoy GW2 where I am literally overwhelmed with things to do and I can pick 2 weapon setups and builds and play my way.  I too am on the OPs side.  Thinking about playing some Lotro again to hold me over to the 25th.

Oh my.  I think both games are getting away from the close your eyes and smash random buttons style of the past (solo PvE at least).  So I don't think you saying GW2 is going to be sooo much different is going to help your case.  Other than GW2 having the nice auto attack, I think both are quite alike.

It sounds more like you were upset that your favorite build ended up being bad/ineffective in the end zones and you got emotional about it.

If you think playing to get AP is pointless wait until you play for cosmetic rewards only in that other game.... 

• LaromussLaromuss Member UncommonPosts: 331

hmmm interesting... I've never had issues with long fights in any areas and never had to completely remake another build.  Have you looked at your passives and your gear?  I was running QL 10 purple pvp gear  and my build main is Hammer/chaos  my passive took from all other trees to build overlapping damage, with dots, affliction, hinder, hinder procs etc,  the hardest mobs in the final areas would drop pretty quickly.  How much of your wheel did you have unlocked and your SP?  
    But in anycase I played the way I wanted and never really had to change a whole lot, TSW offers a lot of customizability, you just have to explore.

Originally posted by Mardukk

Oh my.  I think both games are getting away from the close your eyes and smash random buttons style of the past (solo PvE at least).  So I don't think you saying GW2 is going to be sooo much different is going to help your case.  Other than GW2 having the nice auto attack, I think both are quite alike.

It sounds more like you were upset that your favorite build ended up being bad/ineffective in the end zones and you got emotional about it.

If you think playing to get AP is pointless wait until you play for cosmetic rewards only in that other game.... 

No, I'm sorry.  YOu are assuming I haven't played the game yet or something?  I've played every BWE and have been blown away and sucked in because everytime I log off, I want to log back in.  The game has a sense of discovery that I enjoy that TSW does NOT have.  Combat is similar, and I like it, I just don't like TSW's tedious slow combat as opposed to GW2s very fast and sometimes chaotic on your toes multi mob fights.  I also like having my defined way of playing stay that way, as opposed to TSW making my defined way of playing mean squat just because they want to add challenge to their game to keep people paying/playing and it's ONLY deep in that respect.  The rest of the game is shallow and lacking any sense of discovery or sense of wonder and the horriblly over done endgame that we've seen in almost every themepark MMO since WoW does not help.  Plus, TSW world just feels so tiny.  I was able to see the whole world in 2 weeks?  That's horrible.

Originally posted by Laross

hmmm interesting... I've never had issues with long fights in any areas and never had to completely remake another build.  Have you looked at your passives and your gear?  I was running QL 10 purple pvp gear  and my build main is Hammer/chaos  my passive took from all other trees to build overlapping damage, with dots, affliction, hinder, hinder procs etc,  the hardest mobs in the final areas would drop pretty quickly.  How much of your wheel did you have unlocked and your SP?  
    But in anycase I played the way I wanted and never really had to change a whole lot, TSW offers a lot of customizability, you just have to explore.

I don't believe you,OR you just haven't gotten far enough into the game.  I started with a blade/elemental build and went for the ninja deck and was all about Penetration abilities.  Coming across certain mobs in Egypt that were immune to Penetration and required a magic build means I had to change my deck completely and have that magic stuff unlocked.  I did it and I just didn't enjoy it as much as others apparently do.  

I also tried to roll some alts and was bored to death on my first few missions in Kingsmouth, I just didn't want to play an alt. To me, that's horrible for an MMO to engender.  Some may disagree and are one character players, that's fine.  I'm not and a great Alt game is one of my defining points to a great MMO.