Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

It happened....SWTOR going F2P this fall!

12346»

Comments

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904
    Most expensive "MMO", SP game and now it gets to wear the crown for most expensive F2P game ever.
    Wasn't it this website, among others, that crowned it game of the year? Over Rift?

Can that thread "Describe a game in one picture" be resurrected?
  • gw1228gw1228 Member UncommonPosts: 127
    Originally posted by Nadia

i was wrong

wonder if EA will make DAOC and WAR ftp

I think WAR is already

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Originally posted by AmbrosiaAmor
    Originally posted by noncley

But wait! Where is MMOmaverick? Where is now when we need him the most to explain why this game isn'[t dying and, in fact, is going from strength to strength?

LoL, good one.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by gw1228
    Originally posted by Nadia

wonder if EA will make DAOC and WAR ftp

I think WAR is already

WARs not ftp (unless you mean to level 10)

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/11/06/warhammer-onlines-free-trial-becomes-endless-caps-level-at-10/

a different game, the MOBA  Warhammer, Wrath of Heroes is ftp

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warhammer_Online:_Wrath_of_Heroes

• tiefighter25tiefighter25 Member Posts: 937

Wrath of Heroes isn't so much FTP as P2W.

• pharazonicpharazonic Member Posts: 860
    Originally posted by noncley

But wait! Where is MMOmaverick? Where is now when we need him the most to explain why this game isn'[t dying and, in fact, is going from strength to strength?

Seriously, where are they? MMO.Maverick with his huge-yet-irrelevant posts? Dark Pony with his nonsensical ones? That maskedweasel guy? And countless others?

Tails set firmly between your legs huh? 

"Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

I need to take this advice more.

• NobadeeftwNobadeeftw Member UncommonPosts: 129
    Originally posted by Sleepyfish

I suddenly feel vindicated for all the infractions I recieved on the SWTOR forums pre beta for simply pointing out the games flaws. All the fanbois who were allowed to trash those forums with fanboi rage, Lethality, Skywauker have been proven wrong. All of those constructive  threads Donna Prior and that horrible moderation team deleted about adding something new to grinding mechanics, crafting and economy, how to implement space travel, ideas players wanted, well you can see all those ideas in action in GW2. But it is like you raiders kept saying, TOR is your game, enjoy.

HA~ I thought I was the only one.  I almost got banned during beta for constantly pointing out all of the major flaws in the game.  Then they started lieing to everyone; that is when I knew the game was going to suck hard!  I was pumped about playing it before that, had a guild set up and everything.  After I went with that circus on their forums, I lost all faith in that company.

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617

Fail, they are going with SoE F2P model. Not intrested!!! They want to make it, they need to follow GW2 B2P model. You buy the game and you have access to all the game. Cash shop also needs to be nothing but time saving and cosmetic items. BioWare you fail again. Its like almost getting it right. I will come back when I can have full access to the game for my box price. I will shop your cash shop as I get you need to make money but they are strong arming people to pay a monthly sub to have full access is not F2P. 

4-6 months from now when GW2 B2P model is making mad cash BioWare will have to try and play carch up again and be behind the 8 ball again. We are not dumb and most MMOers have been waiting for more value for their buck. DDO has proven you can make lots of money just on a fair cash shop. This 15 bucks a month to get full access to the game is a rip off in todays current model. I am a old school MMOer back in the day when 15 bucks a month for EQ1 and most of that went to server costs. Now days on the 1/4 report, server costs are so low they are just a footnote. Later SWToR, now I will only play MMOs that follow GW2 model!!!! Done!

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Originally posted by Nobadeeftw
    Originally posted by Sleepyfish

I suddenly feel vindicated for all the infractions I recieved on the SWTOR forums pre beta for simply pointing out the games flaws. All the fanbois who were allowed to trash those forums with fanboi rage, Lethality, Skywauker have been proven wrong. All of those constructive  threads Donna Prior and that horrible moderation team deleted about adding something new to grinding mechanics, crafting and economy, how to implement space travel, ideas players wanted, well you can see all those ideas in action in GW2. But it is like you raiders kept saying, TOR is your game, enjoy.

HA~ I thought I was the only one.  I almost got banned during beta for constantly pointing out all of the major flaws in the game.  Then they started lieing to everyone; that is when I knew the game was going to suck hard!  I was pumped about playing it before that, had a guild set up and everything.  After I went with that circus on their forums, I lost all faith in that company.

I was on the beta forums as well yelling "HAY, why is this ok? This is the 5th round of beta and this is still not fixed!" F2P will not fix this game and the SoE model they are using, is mainly gona mainly pull in kids.