Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DC Universe Online: EU Servers Launch

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Sony Online Entertainment has has partnered with ProSiebenSat.1 Games to bring several MMOs to local EU gamers. The first, DC Universe Online, has now officially launched complete through the Last Laugh expansion pack.

DC Universe Online is the first blockbuster game from Sony Online Entertainment to be provided through the dedicated European service of ProSiebenSat.1 Games at DC-Universe-Online.eu. In the course of the strategic partnership, ProSiebenSat.1 Games will release more games successively.

Check out the new DC Universe Online EU site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• marz.at.playmarz.at.play Member UncommonPosts: 912

How is this game's population like since it went F2P? Is the game any better now?

• BeilochBeiloch Member UncommonPosts: 75

Of course. Any game that goes from p2p to f2p is going to see a pop increase.

As for the game being any better not sure what you are talking about specifically. My problem with the game was it's lack of content and its extremely instance grinding focused setup. there is more stuff to run but you still have to run it countless times.

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

One good thing of the SOE-> PSS1 pransition... After the April 2011 SOE hacks we can finally pick a new account name :p Aside from that, it looks like PSS1 is just a puppet of SOE, and everything account related has to go through SOE after all. Basically nothing really changes, CS stays bad and will take more time now (for EU players) since there's an extra layer there (yeah I already have a problem with the transited DCUO account)

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Originally posted by Reizla

One good thing of the SOE-> PSS1 pransition... After the April 2011 SOE hacks we can finally pick a new account name :p Aside from that, it looks like PSS1 is just a puppet of SOE, and everything account related has to go through SOE after all. Basically nothing really changes, CS stays bad and will take more time now (for EU players) since there's an extra layer there (yeah I already have a problem with the transited DCUO account)

Ehh what? ProSieben (Alaplaya) is in full control of their accounts and systems.

The only thing SOE continues to operate for EU players is the Game servers itself.

Ingame support goes via SOE. Account support is going to be ProSieben (Alaplaya) from now on.

Seeing the track record of Alaplaya.... good luck!

I canceled all my accounts and will never play a SOE game again, as I refuse to use Alaplaya (Prosieben) ! And with me many many other EU players.

I guess you missed all the raging and anger on the official SOE forums these past months? /sigh

• CoolitCoolit Member UncommonPosts: 661

I tried to convert my account earlier today and received an error message saying my account isn't eligible to link even though its an EU account.

Not impressed. 

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    Originally posted by marz.at.play

How is this game's population like since it went F2P? Is the game any better now?

If they had a good population SOE won't "rent" it to another company.

Since they do not make a Penny from the EU market, they decided that it is better to licence it to another publisher who is willing to pay a fee for the privilege of running it in the EU market..............good luck with it.

• SircaSirca Member UncommonPosts: 110

Should have thought about that localized EU server upon release. Now it is too late, as usual.

• VandalicaVandalica Member UncommonPosts: 4

Stolen account by ProSiebenSat.1 Games?

Last year, the company Sony Online Entertainment LLC (SOE) https://www.soe.com/ sold the rights to EU players for some of their games ProSiebenSat.1 Games GmbH among other things for the game DC Universe Online (http://www. dcuniverseonline.eu /) and then began the so-called migration order. Then I started my migration.In the order of SOEs (first owner) I bought over the web for a good or a mission and accessories for real money. In the email I got from SOE stated that all of my data (together with virtual objects) forwarded ProSiebenSat.1 Games GmbH. By ProSiebenSat.1 Games GmbH did not receive any notification about the success of the transfer (migration) until a month ago when I first began to send mail to all the addresses that can be found on the website of ProSiebenSat.1 Games GmbH on their forum.Answers I received from the company ProSiebenSat.1 Games GmbH that migration is still in progress and I can not say how long it will.J am not the only one you can see on their forum http://en.alaplaya.net/forum/dc-universe-forums-en - f2916 /. I'm afraid of possible misuse of personal data by the SOE and ProSiebenSat.1 Games GmbH So I'm asking if there is a law and whether this case falls under any law in in Germany, and if anyone had a similar experience
    ps:
    sorry for my english
  • BlueTiger33BlueTiger33 Member Posts: 158
    Something we've all waited for...for a long time...is that F2P is and has been content locked. Anymore CR gear requires the specific DLC attributed to said gear.

I will never support freeloaders, no more subsidized gaming.
    My Blog