Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Darksiders Series

NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Looking to get an answer on something that i have been wondering for both the first and second titles in the darksiders series:

Is it open world?

Ive seen posts on various "gaming" sites by what appears to be "youngsters" (no offence younger gamers) that don't understand what is meant by the terminology.

To make a comparison The legend of Zelda OOT you transversed the overworld and went to various places independant of the the main plot same can be said for skyrim in this regard.

So does any darksider title support this type of overworld/Open world/Free roam type mechanic? Or is it sadly something like what you see in final fantasy 13, a liner story path?

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

Comments

• pl3dgepl3dge Member UncommonPosts: 183

Well obviously I can't speak for Darksiders 2 as it hasn't released yet, but Darksiders 1 is not Open World. It's no where near as linear as FF 13, you can actually explore more than 2ft each side without hitting a wall... however you are still set on a path after each quest and it is near impossible to go the wrong way.

I did read somewhere that Darksiders 2 will be around 4 times bigger than the first, which would actually make it a HUGE game so I really looked forward to it.

I should also add that Darksiders 1 is an awesome game and I highly recommend it to people who enjoy the hack and slash type of gameplay ( God of War + Zelda )

Edit: If you've ever played God of War, it's pretty much exactly the same as that in terms of Open World.

• ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426

No, it's more like BG2 and other Inifinity Engine games. There's a world map that lets you teleport to various locations and most of them are connected via corridors, but in the end, the world isn't that open.

Of course, I'm not saying DS1 is anything like those old RPGs. It's just an action game / platformer, after all. However, it's similar structurally.