Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vanguard free to play yet?

MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

I would like to get into this game again. only played trial.

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

Comments

• clumsytoes44clumsytoes44 Member UncommonPosts: 463

Not yet, I tried it earlier and it was funner than i expected. :)

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

is there a date yet? I could really use a nice game to play in time being. I still have Vanguard on this PC after all this time. lol

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• clumsytoes44clumsytoes44 Member UncommonPosts: 463

Not that I saw, there was some talk in general chat sound's like it'll go f2p around christmass or the new year. But on the vanguard site there is no f2p conversion date.

• William12William12 Member Posts: 680
    Originally posted by clumsytoes44

Not that I saw, there was some talk in general chat sound's like it'll go f2p around christmass or the new year. But on the vanguard site there is no f2p conversion date.

Mid august according to the webcast.

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

It would be smart for a Christmass release.

GW2 end of Aug.

WoW's Panda thing end of Sept.

As much as I really hate F2P games, I may even play if both above goes bad.  That's how much I like Vanguard......Anything before that would be a bad move by SOE.  But that's how SOE is, a bunch of bad moves.

• William12William12 Member Posts: 680
    Originally posted by delete5230

It would be smart for a Christmass release.

GW2 end of Aug.

WoW's Panda thing end of Sept.

As much as I really hate F2P games, I may even play if both above goes bad.  That's how much I like Vanguard......Anything before that would be a bad move by SOE.  But that's how SOE is, a bunch of bad moves.

Sorry but this f2p launch was planned 6 months ago with no date to even know when GW2 or MOP were coming out.  You do not change it just because its bad timing because waiting or not waiting wont matter for this f2p to work it has to work for the long run not for when people are bored of other games.

• RingsideRingside Member UncommonPosts: 249

The webcast says that it could be at the end of September if things go very bad. But should be sooner

• InFlamestwoInFlamestwo Member Posts: 662
    Originally posted by William12

Mid August isn't gonna get them much players. GW2 headstart starts 25, launch 28 and 25 september MoP.

• dazedconfusedazedconfuse Member Posts: 67
    Before end of September from dev chat on forum. It's getting very close.
  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Nothing is free to play

I espescially hate how SOE does it, the whole free to¨play has one goal, and that is convincing you as fast as possible that you really need to take a sub, because thats the only way to play the game without irritations

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• CasualMakerCasualMaker Member UncommonPosts: 862

Of course nothing is really free. SOE makes no bones about the fact that they regard "free to play" as a trial without a definite end point, unlike WOW's "Free up to level 20!" scheme. Subscriptions are a more reliable revenue source.

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

Originally posted by InFlamestwo
    Originally posted by William12 Originally posted by clumsytoes44 Not that I saw, there was some talk in general chat sound's like it'll go f2p around christmass or the new year. But on the vanguard site there is no f2p conversion date.
    Mid August isn't gonna get them much players. GW2 headstart starts 25, launch 28 and 25 september MoP.

Vanguard is a very different game than the 2 games you mentioned. Not everyone will be playing those two titles.

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• SenanSenan Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Originally posted by AlBQuirky

Originally posted by InFlamestwo

Originally posted by William12

Originally posted by clumsytoes44 Not that I saw, there was some talk in general chat sound's like it'll go f2p around christmass or the new year. But on the vanguard site there is no f2p conversion date.
    Vanguard is a very different game than the 2 games you mentioned. Not everyone will be playing those two titles.

Exactly.