Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

When will people cry GW2 is dead?

Comments

• VarthanderVarthander Member UncommonPosts: 466

When they close the servers it will be dead.

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773
    Originally posted by Homitu
    Originally posted by Isturi
    Originally posted by Nilenya

Please do not ASSUME to know what I thought when I posted my OP you are further from the truth. That being I feel GW2 is one of the best MMO's that is comming out to date. Very simple point. Why do you and other nagitive people read in between the lines and phyco analize me? I am acualy surprised by your thoughts concedering I find most of your post very entertaining and thoughtful. I am dissapointed that you and others that share this thought pertend to know my reasons behind my OP. I bid you adue.

I just want to say, it is horrifying that anyone would phyco analize you. I acualy am not surprised by everything else that follows concedering what happened to you. Nor do I pertend to know why any nagitive people would do this to you. I salute your adue sir. Well said!

Come on, man, there's no need to make fun of his spelling.  You have no idea what his life situation has been.  One's literacy aptitude isn't always 100% one's own doing.  And his grammar is actually quite good :)

Did I miss something? I use a spell chk most of the time. I admit my spelling can be crap at times. As far as grammar goes I type faster then I think. If I was a professional blogger that made money off this then ya you better believe I would slow down and worried more bout my grammar. As far as literacy goes well I read the X-Men as a kid along with a few other comics wish I still had them for monetary gain. Everyone knows that the standard news paper is written in a fourth grade lvl to accommodate many readers while comics on the other hand were and still are written on a collage lvl go figure.

Yeah, he intentionally constructed his sentences to utilize as many of the words you misspelled as possible, then proceeded to misspell them the same way in mockery :p

Yea I noticed that as well. Was a bit funny but rude IMO.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784

I would expect the population to take a temporary dip when MoP releases for a few months. Since GW2 is B2P, people can freely take breaks to play other games and not feel they are missing out as thier subscription slowly expires. But if the game is fun, they will return.

I don't think GW2 will be "dead" for many many years. But I'm sure the negative nannies will claim the game is dying on the first dip.

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607

GW2 is dead. It has almost no population!

I guess that makes it right now.

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Originally posted by Creslin321
    Hmmm...that sounds like fun:

Guild Bores 2

Guild Snores 2

.....eh, none are as good as TORtanic...let me know if anyone can think of better ones :).

Killed Bored 2?

Quit Wars 2?

I'm sure they'll think of something when it comes to that.

imageimage
  • GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470

It will be almost impossible to tell when GW2 is dead because there are no subs.  Its much easier in games like WoW and TOR to tell if the population is declining by looking at sub numbers.  I haven't played GW1 in almost 2 years yet am I still considered a "subscirber"???  Besides, most people will be willing to put up with whatever shit sandwich a f2p or b2p game throws at them over a p2p game simply because theres no money invloved.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• IsturiIsturi Member Posts: 1,509
    Originally posted by RizelStar

Please do not ASSUME to know what I thought when I posted my OP you are further from the truth. That being I feel GW2 is one of the best MMO's that is comming out to date. Very simple point. Why do you and other nagitive people read in between the lines and phyco analize me? I am acualy surprised by your thoughts concedering I find most of your post very entertaining and thoughtful. I am dissapointed that you and others that share this thought pertend to know my reasons behind my OP. I bid you adue.

I just want to say, it is horrifying that anyone would phyco analize you. I acualy am not surprised by everything else that follows concedering what happened to you. Nor do I pertend to know why any nagitive people would do this to you. I salute your adue sir. Well said!

Come on, man, there's no need to make fun of his spelling.  You have no idea what his life situation has been.  One's literacy aptitude isn't always 100% one's own doing.  And his grammar is actually quite good :)

Did I miss something? I use a spell chk most of the time. I admit my spelling can be crap at times. As far as grammar goes I type faster then I think. If I was a professional blogger that made money off this then ya you better believe I would slow down and worried more bout my grammar. As far as literacy goes well I read the X-Men as a kid along with a few other comics wish I still had them for monetary gain. Everyone knows that the standard news paper is written in a fourth grade lvl to accommodate many readers while comics on the other hand were and still are written on a collage lvl go figure.

Yeah, he intentionally constructed his sentences to utilize as many of the words you misspelled as possible, then proceeded to misspell them the same way in mockery :p

Again I ask did I miss something? image Maybe your sophisticated humor is beyond me? IDK "And now for something completely different." Monty Python.

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470

Again I ask did I miss something? image Maybe your sophisticated humor is beyond me? IDK "And now for something completely different." Monty Python.

You were mocked for your spelling and grammar.  You mistook his post as praise.  Fin.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

Originally posted by Kyleran
    Originally posted by Kyleran
    Originally posted by fiontar

I'm not negative, just experienced enough to recognize what a person's real motives are behind their posts even if they don't do so themselves.  Leave out the comment I highlighted from your OP and perhaps I'd believe you, otherwise you were just trying to eliciit emotional responses to which you have been successful in.

I know GW2 will be successful, and like GW1 people will play it for many years to come.  Heck, I'll play it for a time but likely won't stick around any great length of time because it doesn't really have the features I'm personally looking for.

Since you clam to be a experienced person. How about we agree to disagree. TY for your opinion.

• xalvixalvi Member Posts: 329

Anothr fail thread....how can a B2P game with no sub be dead/fail?

Just look at GW1, GG bye now.

Originally posted by Ginaz

You were mocked for your spelling and grammar.  You mistook his post as praise.  Fin.

Yes ty for your thought. I knew from the start of his so called failed attempt to troll me out on my grammar. Personally I don't give a damn on his thoughts on my grammar or spelling or whatever he may thought I did wrong. I called his bluff in a roundabout way letting him know that he can not and will not troll me on my thread.

So once again I ask did I miss something?image

• sinloisinloi Member UncommonPosts: 201
    Originally posted by JoeyMMO

Guild Bores 2

Guild Snores 2

.....eh, none are as good as TORtanic...let me know if anyone can think of better ones :).

Killed Bored 2?

Quit Wars 2?

MWAHAHHAHAHAHA Did someone say.....Quilt Wars?! *breaks out needle and thread* Once I've finished with my latest creation I will use it to rule the WORLD! MWAHAHAHAHA

Could have been worse it could have been Kilt Wars....*shudder*

Originally posted by xalvi

I would ask to give your definition of a successful thread. after the count of post and hits? dose a thread need to hit 200 or more for it to be successful?

• sinloisinloi Member UncommonPosts: 201

I would ask to give your definition of a successful thread. after the count of post and hits? dose a thread need to hit 200 or more for it to be successful?

This thread has given me a chance to practice being a bat crap crazy meglomaniacal necromancer asura I say this thread is very successful.

Originally posted by sinloi

This thread has given me a chance to practice being a bat crap crazy meglomaniacal necromancer asura I say this thread is very successful.

Hey be that if you want. I persoanly would not want to be that way but whatever.

• nationalcitynationalcity Member UncommonPosts: 501

Within the first month you will get posts saying the game is dying and everyone is leaving just like every other game to date.....

• ven7uraven7ura Member Posts: 4

If you have been outside... you know that there are poeple who are pessimists and try to bash on everything they can manage.

That being said, I THINK that people saying that this game is already dead and/or will be dead soon, are just trying to be smart-ass.

Just think about it. If the game is a success then that person bashing the game will be quickly forgotten, BUT IF the game fails to deliver they can use the "I told you so..." argument.

They are stepping on a win-win situation, since they win either wayy :(

IF the game is a success:

TROLL: Quickly forgotten, plays the game either way.

IF the game is a failure:

TROLL: "I told you so...", "First!" arguments, and search for another game to bash on to...

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359
    Originally posted by JoeyMMO

Guild Bores 2

Guild Snores 2

Killed Bored 2?

Quit Wars 2?

Good ones...here's another:

Billed Whores 2

Pokes fun at the cash shop...

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

OMG!

GUILD WARS 2 IS DEAD!

there is literally NO ONE on the servers atm!

ps: btw creslin, is that tyrion "half-man" lanister  with shades as your avatar?

think i like :)

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• MahavishnuMahavishnu Member Posts: 336

The crying started two months ago already. This forum is full of complaints about this overhyped same-old-stuff-no-open-pvp-no-item-progression-not-dynamic-boring-themepark-pay-to-win-ugly-graphics-stupid-combat-MMO. If somebody would take all those trolls seriously, he or she would think this game going to be the biggest failure in MMO-history.

I mean, I remember Vanguard and Warhammer online during beta. There were some negative threads, but even those were more like a warning "delay the release, this game has potiential, but still needs some work!". The response to GW2 is completely different - full of hate, crazy assumptions and false facts.

Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need.

as said before, people have no idea.

you want open pvP? why? where did it ever work?

you wanna gank? cool story bro, not interesting enough to listen tho

some of the best pvp games had "instanced" pvp. and it TOTALLY worked.

having an own pvp map is instanced. so here you go. stop that crying and think a second before you guys ask sth next time.

where is the fun in being zerged?

the only chance for open pvp to work is open pvp being the only thing to do.

planetside 2 beta starts within the next days. get into it... or keep talking about sth you wont understand anytime soon,

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919
    Originally posted by Thane

It works in EVE.

On topic, I'll cry GW2 is dead when Guild Wars 4 is released for the iPad 15

Originally posted by kadepsyson

It works in EVE.

lol. seriously? it works in eve? how many subs do they have again? :)

if CCP would be EA, it would be a fail. they arent tho. they can live with the little subs they got.

Originally posted by Mahavishnu

The crying started two months ago already. This forum is full of complaints about this overhyped same-old-stuff-no-open-pvp-no-item-progression-not-dynamic-boring-themepark-pay-to-win-ugly-graphics-stupid-combat-MMO. If somebody would take all those trolls seriously, he or she would think this game going to be the biggest failure in MMO-history.

I mean, I remember Vanguard and Warhammer online during beta. There were some negative threads, but even those were more like a warning "delay the release, this game has potiential, but still needs some work!". The response to GW2 is completely different - full of hate, crazy assumptions and false facts.

TY for getting this thread back on track. I agree 100 percent this is the main reason why I made this thread. Is to let people know that I can not stand all of these people who bash whatever MMO game they hate saying that it is dead. So I decided to start a new thread in GW2 for obvious reasons knowing the kind of community we have at mmorpg a very jaded community. To experiment to conclude how sad people are that they have nothing else better to do then to start threads stating how this MMO or that MMO is a fail because of whatever reason.

I don't know about you but I wish people will get a clue and be positive for once about a game after all it is just a game.

Oh on a side note I admit that I could use better words myself. With that being said I put out the challenge for others to do the same.

And ty to the lively debates and thoughts some had for this game in general. I know for a fact that GW2 will be around for years to come. I hope all who play it many years of enjoyment.

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919
    Originally posted by kadepsyson

It works in EVE.

lol. seriously? it works in eve? how many subs do they have again? :)

if CCP would be EA, it would be a fail. they arent tho. they can live with the little subs they got.

So you say they have few subs, and go on to say that the number of subs they have is plenty....oooook.

How many subs will GW2 have herpaderp.  EVE is a financial success, GW2 likely will be as well.

But to answer you, yes, seriously, it works in EVE, to the point where they grow in subs every year, something even WoW can't claim.

This discussion has been closed.