Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Battlestar Galactica Online: Festival of Kobol Kicks Off

SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerThe Land of AZPosts: 16,649MMORPG.COM Staff Uncommon

The Battlestar Galactica Online team have announced that the Festival of Kobol has officially commenced and will run through August 12th. During the festival, players will have a chance to win in-game rewards, many of them limited editions, and to participate in fun games.

The Festival of Kobol is a 17-day celebration filled with tournaments and events commencing July 27 through August 12. Players will be able to participate in a variety of competitions, including a Decathlon of ten tournaments consisting of four different tournament types, as well as many other opportunities to win bonuses and rewards. The top 20 players for each tournament on every server will be awarded prizes, and the top 3 players of the Decathlon will be recognized as Gold, Silver, and Bronze winners.

Find out more on the Battlestar Galactica Online forum.

Associate Editor: MMORPG.com
Follow me on Twitter: @MMORPGMom

Comments

• IsturiIsturi Phoenix, AZPosts: 1,509Member

I love the reboot show a few years ago. I hope Battlestar dose well in the MMO world. It seems that Space MMO's still lack a player base. Or are limited to the fans mostly. Truthfuly I am not sure If I am going to play this after comming off TOR I am cautious over another space MMO.

• ElikalElikal ValhallaPosts: 7,906Member Uncommon

Heh, Kobol... that brings back childhood memories. I loved the old Galactica, those 2 films, a lot when I was a kid. That's why I never got warm with the reboot show. I used to built the Galactica with cardboard from shoeboxes. It was a really big model and I had it for years on my wardrobe. Always loved to see Lorne Greene. He had such a fatherly appearance. :)

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• GaenjinGaenjin Bothell, WAPosts: 19Member
    Originally posted by Isturi

I love the reboot show a few years ago. I hope Battlestar dose well in the MMO world. It seems that Space MMO's still lack a player base. Or are limited to the fans mostly. Truthfuly I am not sure If I am going to play this after comming off TOR I am cautious over another space MMO.

They released well before SWTOR, sometime last summer and had been in open beta for a while before that.  I don't know how its doing right now, but from what I've heard, they were boasting over 2m players just a few months after launch. 

I think its a lot like EVE, in that its a "sleeper hit"; its popular among the space gamers, but not really visible in the mainstream channels, unless 'word of mouth' gets its name out there.  Seems to be the story for a lot of the space MMOs, they just don't get much press.

• CoolitCoolit FalkirkPosts: 468Member Uncommon

This is the one browser MMO that I've been semi-interested in, one of these days I'll give it a shot :)