Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Trying to Unlock stuff for GW2 but game is UNplayable(Video Inside)

2»

Comments

• MadKingMadKing Member UncommonPosts: 173

I'm playing GW1 right now "farming teh ecto for more moneyz" sitting at 25 HoM points. it's not rubberbanding for me atm but it happened a few times while I was alt -tabbing in and out of the game.  my system specs iare

i5 2500k clocked at 4.5GHz

1 TB Samsung HDD

8Gigs of Ram

EVGA GTX 570

The problem seems to go away when I play in window mode you might want to try that.

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652

this happens also when you OC your processor and sometimes your GPU I ran into this exactly when I was OC i turned the clocks back down and it fixed it. Its not lag its frames skipping as you can see in the video.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by cronius77

this happens also when you OC your processor and sometimes your GPU I ran into this exactly when I was OC i turned the clocks back down and it fixed it. Its not lag its frames skipping as you can see in the video.

hmm ill try limiting my frames.. currently I have a 120hz monitor so even with vsync I'm at 120 fps ill try setting a cap at 60 at see if that makes any difference

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

just an update its FIXED.. I honestly have no clue what fixed it since I pretty much did everyones suggestions at once but either way all good now! Thanks all! Glad I asked here because tech support was useless:P

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• MadKingMadKing Member UncommonPosts: 173
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

just an update its FIXED.. I honestly have no clue what fixed it since I pretty much did everyones suggestions at once but either way all good now! Thanks all! Glad I asked here because tech support was useless:P

Glad to hear that, goodluck with building your HoM. :)

Originally posted by MadKing

thanks got 20 to go to hit 30.. should be able to do it by gw2 launch:P

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

Glad it's all sorted. I never got it fixed myself and learned to live with it. Wasn't like your problem though, it only happened when I alt tabbed out.

As for getting to 30.. don't go for the cartographer titles. I did and it took FOREVER :)

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • avalon1000avalon1000 Member UncommonPosts: 791

I can't even log into the game because of the incredibly stupid character name security question. I have not played the game since 2009...how am I supposed to remember my character names. NOT a good idea.

• RaekonRaekon Member UncommonPosts: 531

Ah I jumped in too late as it seems! ^_^

Glad to hear you fixed it.

Make also sure that you start any game as administrator (right click select execute as administrator) when you are on Win7 cause some games are having issues without it cause Win7 sometimes prevents background operations through it.

Anyway, I never had this issue and have the game still on my old xp pc running smoothly as also on my Win7 pc.

Need to jump in and unlock a few more things myself though.

• Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788

Just follow this guide and you will be able to do it relatively fast.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Guide_to_earning_Hall_of_Monuments_rewards

Originally posted by avalon1000

I can't even log into the game because of the incredibly stupid character name security question. I have not played the game since 2009...how am I supposed to remember my character names. NOT a good idea.

just send ncsoft tech support an email they will email you with a character name took then only couple hours to get back to me