Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bought 3 GW2 Box's

2»

Comments

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335
    Originally posted by plescure
    Originally posted by elocke

I wish I could buy 3 friends to give GW2 to, ;D

lol.

Sending you big hugs eloclke

this doesnt mean were friends however :D

Aww, man!  I try so hard!  No one loves me! /cry!

• MeowheadMeowhead Member UncommonPosts: 3,716

I've bought 3 copies too... one collector's box, two normal digital editions.

Though one of them, my friends semi-paid me back with a couple dinners and a movie ticket for Batman. :D

• BioBreakBioBreak Member Posts: 48

Same here.

Though it was for family members and myself. But same principle. image

• NeferaNefera Member Posts: 426

I bought a copy for my bf, told him I'd claim the account if he didn't play it after launch. Well, he tried the first beta weekend, and hated it. Well, he did have some fun in WvW, but said he hated the PvE. Still, he played the last beta event, and after getting a guardian to lvl9, he said he was missing his lvl34 thief from the first two beta weekends. Now he says he still sort of hates the game, but I still see him updating the client every now and then...

*shakes head*

• BioBreakBioBreak Member Posts: 48
    Originally posted by Nefera

I bought a copy for my bf, told him I'd claim the account if he didn't play it after launch. Well, he tried the first beta weekend, and hated it. Well, he did have some fun in WvW, but said he hated the PvE. Still, he played the last beta event, and after getting a guardian to lvl9, he said he was missing his lvl34 thief from the first two beta weekends. Now he says he still sort of hates the game, but I still see him updating the client every now and then...

*shakes head*

Some people are resistant to change to the very bitter end. image

Originally posted by BioBreak
    Originally posted by Nefera

*shakes head*

Some people are resistant to change to the very bitter end. image

Oh I know, that's why I've not said a single word about it to him, knowing him he'd stop playing it just on principle. :)

• ZenonSethZenonSeth Member Posts: 128

Heh, I just bought 2. I get my friends to try it out with me on the spare account, if they like it, I tell em,  account is mine, buy your own. I'm not rich enough to afford that many. Besides, I bought a copy of GW1 for my ex back in 2008, and while she played a few times, after we broke up I never saw her online or that copy again. :P Not making the same mistake this time. copy stays mine, for people to simply try it out.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508

Heh, if I had any friends it would make good sense.

One time I had a friend who wanted a bunch of us to play Shadowbane with him (and leave DAOC which we had recently joined).  So he bought like 8 copies and mailed them to all of us (we are scattered all over the US) and for a time we played together.

Unfortunately the game sort of sucked at launch and we all quickly returned for a long stint in DAOC.

I was wondering if there was any reason/advantage to multi-boxing or having more than 1 account.

Might buy a 3rd copy (in addition to one for my son and I) so either we can finally convince his mother to play MMO's (hey, no sub fee if she doesn't) or his buddies can hop in and PVP with him.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Originally posted by Kyleran

I was wondering if there was any reason/advantage to multi-boxing or having more than 1 account.

It's cheaper to buy a second account if you know you're a really bad altoholic or item hoarder. If you don't mind your progress contributing to achievement on two separate accounts.

• DaezAsterDaezAster Member UncommonPosts: 788

I also bought a copy for a friend who was planning on getting it. He held me down this generation by letting my hold his 360 and gamefly games so I owed him one big time. So far we have both enjoyed the game a whole lot. Can't wait for launch.