Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How will the 28 September release of Pandaren influence GW2?

Comments

• VikingGamerVikingGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,350

All my great memories of WoW are in a world that doesn't exist any more and I have no way of visiting that world ever again. I messed around a little bit in Cata but it is not the WoW that I explored, enjoyed and met some of my best friends in. If I am going to be forced to play a whole new game then I might as well actually play A WHOLE NEW GAME.

Blizzard made its decision.

All die, so die well.

• AlotAlot Member Posts: 1,948

They will barely influence each other, and frankly, I think it's more likely that GW2 will have a negative impact on MoP's sales in the West, as WoW is already dying there. Most of MoP's sales will probably be coming from Asian countries.

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359

I think it's actually more of a defensive manuever by Blizz rather than an offensive one.

WoW is in decline, with or without GW2.  And I really think it's time is just coming.  I think that GW2 will definitely draw a lot of people from WoW, but maybe Pandaria will help Blizz keep those players for a bit longer...or have them come back.

Basically, I think that GW2 is a big threat to WoW, and if Blizz does nothing, then WoW stands to take a big hit.  So Pandaria is probably geared at trying to stop the inevitable bleeding.

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

• AngztAngzt Member Posts: 230

actually, the 28th will influence it in no way :)

release is on 25th.. just saying *G*

"believe me, mike.. i calculated the odds of this working against the odds that i was doing something incredibly stupid… and i did it anyway!"

• sonoggisonoggi Member Posts: 1,119

MoP is a joke and will not affect gw2's pop.

• Masa1Masa1 Member UncommonPosts: 318

At least WoW doesn't have game breaking cash shop.

• BrooksTechBrooksTech Member Posts: 163
    Originally posted by Zeroxin

They are one month apart, I don't think anyone with money is going to wait.

This.

I already own GW2, but I am sitting on go for MoP.

• SilvowSilvow Member UncommonPosts: 7

I dont think it will influence eachother, Both games have a completly diffrent payment model in the first place.

You can never compare a P2P game, for a B2P game, both games are great Triple AAA MMO's.

Some people will leave wow for GW2, and proberly some GW2 players will leave for MoP

Kind regards

• IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350

It wont effect me because i've no interest in playing that kung fu panda expansion. Guild wars 2 is a much better mmo.

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459
    Originally posted by Masa1

Thankfully, GW2 doesn't either.

And thankfully, GW2 doesn't have resilience either... image

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• AlotAlot Member Posts: 1,948

And neither does Guild Wars 2. At it haters, devour the bait!

Edit: Korrigan is a ninja. Perhaps he's going to play MoP.

• SilvowSilvow Member UncommonPosts: 7

To be honest the GW2 Gem store, isnt game breaking, their is nothing that gives you any advantage over other players.

All the exp,karma boost are also obtainable in game trough dynamic events!

Kind regards 

• dzoni87dzoni87 Member Posts: 541

lol... that was funny image

Main MMO at the moment: Guild Wars 2
    Waiting for: Pathfinder Online

• BigAndShinyBigAndShiny Member Posts: 176

Guys, it's gonna be *fine*

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359
    Originally posted by Alot

And neither does Guild Wars 2. At it haters, devour the bait!

Edit: Korrigan is a ninja. Perhaps he's going to play MoP.

You know, I am one of the biggest opponents of the whole gems for gold thing, and even I don't think the cash shop is going to be anywhere near gamebreaking.

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

• hundejahrehundejahre Member Posts: 339

The only effect I can see if having on GW2 is if players opt to pay for the WoW expansion instead of buying things in the GW2 item shop.

Is that the best you've got? that was weak man.

• NaeviusNaevius Member UncommonPosts: 334

By September, Arena Net will have added an option to make your Asura look like a panda. Problem solved.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by angzt

actually, the 28th will influence it in no way :)

release is on 25th.. just saying *G*

Thats where you live, overhere in europe its on the 28th

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• BigAndShinyBigAndShiny Member Posts: 176

Buying gold, siege weapons and exp for real money will always be 'game-breaking'.

Why are there repair costs in Guild Wars 2?    As a gold sink.     If you can buy gold, you won't have to farm it at endgame and the sink is wasted.    

Example 2:  Exp boosts.   Why would anyone buy this boost if there was easily enough PVE content to level without grinding?  Obviously Arenanet wants people to buy these boosts, so to level you really have to do practically all the missions in a zone. 

Example 3: Mystic Keys.   Why do they sell keys to chests that you can only pick up during gameplay?  Surely if keys supposedly 'drop', then buying them would be unnecessary.  Oh wait, they want you to buy them.

With a sub, I get content with my money.  I don't pay for a stupid item shop.    Maybe there's not enough content.  Well then, I cancel my subscription.    

With Guild Wars 2 I pay for the full game, then just to open loot THAT I FOUND, I have to pay real money. 

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by Naevius

By September, Arena Net will have added an option to make your Asura look like a panda. Problem solved.

And another option to change back whenever you want...

Now i think about it.. this would be such a fun thing just to tease Blizzard, if by the end of the month there would be a free item in the itemstore that polymorhs your character in a Panda and back.   And then a panda themed world event. 

If they have any humor at Arenanet they will do this just to mock Blizzard, and offcourse for the free publicity

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• Originally posted by jirva

Guys, there are pandas... PANDAS ?!?!?

How this expansion could attract people that has more than 12 Years old ? really i'am asking myself, ,i repeat, it's pandas ... (omg)

A lot of gamers that aren't kids used to play WarCraft 3 back in the day and have wanted playable Pandarens since before WoW even launched.

Originally posted by BigAndShiny

Buying gold, siege weapons and exp for real money will always be 'game-breaking'.

Why are there repair costs in Guild Wars 2?    As a gold sink.     If you can buy gold, you won't have to farm it at endgame and the sink is wasted.    

Example 2:  Exp boosts.   Why would anyone buy this boost if there was easily enough PVE content to level without grinding?  Obviously Arenanet wants people to buy these boosts, so to level you really have to do practically all the missions in a zone. 

Example 3: Mystic Keys.   Why do they sell keys to chests that you can only pick up during gameplay?  Surely if keys supposedly 'drop', then buying them would be unnecessary.  Oh wait, they want you to buy them.

With a sub, I get content with my money.  I don't pay for a stupid item shop.    Maybe there's not enough content.  Well then, I cancel my subscription.    

With Guild Wars 2 I pay for the full game, then just to open loot THAT I FOUND, I have to pay real money. 

paying 15 dollars a month for wow is p2w.. if you don't pay you can't play and if you're not playing you aint winning. :)

• lifeordinarylifeordinary Member Posts: 646
    Originally posted by Anthur

If Blizzard wanted to keep people away from GW2 they would have released it before GW2. Not a month later. If they believe in their expansion. By releasing it a month after GW2 they probably want to profit from those who try GW2 but don't like it.

WoW players will buy MoP anyway, be there a GW2 or not.

Finally someone with common sense.

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

Hah! Was waiting for Blizzard to do something like this. They always do, and it's one of the reasons they've been able to hold such a foothold in the market for so long. Everytime something even remotely close to competition gets released they pull something out of their arse to disrupt it's success.

It's also pretty smart of them releasing AFTER GW2 launches. It basically gives them a few weeks to let some of the new car smell to wear off of GW2, and gives them the ability to promise WoW is now 'magically' everything that GW2 has to offer, and more!

I would not be surprised if we see them promising stuff like 'dynamic events', 'jumping puzzles', 'epic pvp', etc.

But hey, it's Blizzard... they wouldn't ever blatantly copy another game. Oh wait..