Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2 BWE 3 Final Event: Hunger Royale (The Hunger Games)

2»

Comments

• khamul787khamul787 Member UncommonPosts: 193
    Originally posted by Aishirami
    Originally posted by khamul787

I think a better fix would have been to keep the large open world (this gives a sense of adventure), but include limitations that both Battle Royale and the Hunger Games had. In Battle Royale, certain areas of the map were made unexplorable by punishment of death, whereas in the Hunger Games, rewards in the starting area and scripted and controlled events drove players toward each other.

I would love if they implemented a solution like this ^ ^

Oooh, I really like this idea, since the only issue I had with the event was finding opponents to fight. If there were things going on to draw everyone into a central point eventually, then I think it would be so much more fun.

Also, I wonder how many people knew they could just relog and be back to normal after turning into a robot...

And I think adding this game style as one of the optional PvP modes would be a great idea. They would have sPvP, WvWvW, and then Survival. (Seems both a vague and accurate description of how the event worked.)

I would enjoy a change of style every once in a while personally, and they could set it up simular to the way WvW works, but maybe a bit more simplified, and shorter rotation periods. (Though I am pretty sure if they did this, a ton of people would compare it, or claim, it's some rip-off of some other mmo's content...)

Yeah, finding people (or in my case, being found) was the events biggest weak point. I spent most of the time hiding in a building in the south until my girlfriend found me (cheater!). If they had something that forced me out of there, it would have been even more intense.

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341

Actually I'd be happy if this event never again saw the light of day, it was pretty damn boring to me. Run out of ammo nearly instantly then all you can do is smack shit with the butt of your gun. The idea is solid, but GW2 isn't the kind of game for an event like this. 

My characters are warriors with years of training, but when they run out of ammo they become completely useless? Can't even tackle someone or set a trap or just kick the crap out of them? C'mon...save the survival stuff for an FPS and give me back my crystal dragon event.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• jeremyjodesjeremyjodes Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 679

I hated it a bit. we all ran around like idiots. at the end I just went and got a soda and sat it out. then I just took my robot and hid in some strange temple until it was over. was no fun but the game itself was a blast and was great fun.

• AishiramiAishirami Member Posts: 47
    Originally posted by evolver1972

IMO the Hunger Royale paled in comparison to BWE2's finale event.  But it looks like a bunch of people had a good time with it so not a total loss Anet!  :)

Having said that, I think the events they have been doing are genius at their core and I hope they regularly do those types of events after release.  The idea behind them is great even if not every event is a hit with everyone.

Exactly. Even though I have a bit of a higher opinion than you about the event, your mentality is a great one. 

Everyone has their own preferences, so it is almost impossible to create an event that satesfies every participant.

And just because there were some issues with it this time, doesn't mean they can't improve the features provided in it, such as maybe increasing the max item storage, or maybe even adding seperate survivor types. (Like Scavanger, Loner, Horder, Leader, etc. with seperate advantages and disadvantages, for exaple.)