Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Would YOU grind for cosmetic gear?

1234568»

Comments

• pacovpacov Member Posts: 311

Amazed at the results! I'm really impressed that so many people shifted their viewpoint from grinding for power to grinding for looks, and Guild Wars 2 was only able to spread that further!

• pacovpacov Member Posts: 311
    Originally posted by drakaena
    People have been grinding for cosmetics for years even if they don't realize it. WoW is a perfect example. The statistical differences between the next step up in arena or dungeon gear is marginal (at least when I played). It was all about the look. The newest shoulder piece or weapon represented skill and achievement much more so then stats. It was a symbol of accomplishment.

how was it about the look when you had 0% of choosing what "look" you want to grind for? Sure the gear was flashy but most of it was way over the top but you still had to wear it... in Guild Wars 2 you could grind a level 30 dungeon instead of end game and wear that armor for the rest of the game just because you like the look.

• ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265

only if i dont have better thinks to do.

• drakaenadrakaena Member UncommonPosts: 506
    I didn't say I liked the way the gear looked. It was a status symbol more than a gear boost. That was the real motivation. Bet that in GW2 players will wear the gear toughest to acquire even if it looks ridiculous.