Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is so amazing with this game?

12345679»

Comments

• suizendosuizendo Member UncommonPosts: 67
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus
    Originally posted by suizendo

The Skill in MMO's comes from knowing what each of those 4-6 abilities does, and what the 4-6 abilities of EVERY OTHER profession combination do . 

Then reacting quickly and dynamically in combat armed with this knowledge.

Luckilly we have dozens of abbilities for every class, and even better most classes have acces to 1 1/2 to 2 dozen or more at any moment ingame.

Exactly, I was just referring to their over-simplification.

Factor in weapon swaps, etc, and the combat is really quire deep.

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135
    Originally posted by Mephster

To hte OP and his brethern..

its good to see you realised this game is utter trash, now move on and never return..

People talking about quests in GW2 have obviously not played the game, the open world system is so much different from the normal questing hubs that just calling them boring quests proves you have had absolutely no hands on experience.

The results are the same as if you were told to go kill x amount of mobs to comeplete this quest. The only thing different is that it is a touch more interactive on how you complete the task. Different path same result = same old same old. It is only an illusion that it seems different but it isn't.

Its not about the results, its about the way to the results... its coop play versus solo play. And then with this system sometimes surprises happen, even tough you traveled a zone 10 times over sudden things are happening that have never happened before.

Its so bloody much different, you cant even imagine. It makes theworld feel vinramt and alive compared to the ! ! ! static questgivers. Things happen all around you and you join them. 

Its not about the result, as the rtesult of every task/question whatever are either you succeed or you don´t . Its the way how you succeed and play with others to get to the result.

Mephster is also missing one key feature of GW2. It doesn't force you to kill  X amount of mobs. If he wants to do that, then it's his choice. The game offers multiple ways of contributing to every event I've seen in the game.

Now, if what he's looking for is a farming simulator, or something of the sort, then I really don't see why he's even on these forums to begin with. As GW2 does have combat being a fairly major part of the game. It's never said otherwise.

• illeriller Member UncommonPosts: 517
    Originally posted by Vidir
    Those kind of skills we all used back in the 80' playing super mario and sonic.

wooow....  yeah this thread was clearly a huge waste of everyone's time and arguably was concieved with no appreciation for the FUNDAMENTAL roots of action gaming (timing).  ...I find it hilarious how many people took the bait on this one, especially after ^that^ line got uttered.

• Caliburn101Caliburn101 Member Posts: 636

Amazing!

So many people saying the combat is too simple or a 3-button spam....

Even 1 vs. 1 I was lucky to avoid the need to hit 10-15 buttons in a dynamic flow of reactionary and situation-sensitive moves.... and I don't for a minute think I have 'mastered' the Necro in PvP in the slightest.

Might as well say chess is too simple because it's turn-based.... the game gives you a vertitable menu of combat choices - if you choose to eat just the beans all day - then yeah, you'll get sick of beans....

If you are 3-button spamming then please seek me out. After I have buried you a few times you might start looking at the other buttons and enjoy the revelation that YOU are the limiting factor in your PvP experience and not the game!

• Caliburn101Caliburn101 Member Posts: 636

What's so amazing in this game.....?

MY participation in it of course!

;)

• k-damagek-damage Member CommonPosts: 738

What is so amazing with this game ?

People who keeps trying to give it a bad name.

***** Before hitting that reply button, please READ the WHOLE thread you're about to post in *****

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135
    Originally posted by iller
    Those kind of skills we all used back in the 80' playing super mario and sonic.

wooow....  yeah this thread was clearly a huge waste of everyone's time and arguably was concieved with no appreciation for the FUNDAMENTAL roots of action gaming (timing).  ...I find it hilarious how many people took the bait on this one, especially after ^that^ line got uttered.

And yet another perfectly demonstrated example of how / why 99% of the posters on these forums are not (and never will be) game designers.

In all my time on these forums I don't think I've seen more than a dozen people who demonstrated a solid understanding of game mechanics. It gets even more amusing when you consider that before super mario we had games like pac man (4 buttons) and pong (2 buttons), both of which were immensely challenging. This is actually something I find really refreshing in a lot of indie games. Hell angry birds only has 2 controls (aim and power), and yet it is an ingeniusly well made game.

Adding more buttons can create complexity, but it's not at the root of what makes a truly skill-based, challenging experience (all puns aside).

- On a side note, GW2's reliance on good timing is an aspect I find very refreshing. There aren't many MMOs where a split second decision can make or break a fight. I can't really think of anything like that except for playing my mesmer on GW1 (where a split second could spell the difference between a huge advantage / enemy shutdown, and a bar full of wasted skills).

• rankor2rankor2 Member UncommonPosts: 115
    So what combat system from another Mmo would you like to see OP?
  • xKingdomxxKingdomx Member UncommonPosts: 1,541

I bought the game and played some beta,but sofar I see nothing special with this game, ok, it looks good runs good but mostly boring quests and everythin you do is more or less same as you did the quest before. Ok I have only played till level 25 but why do they not make it fun? it is just plain boring.

Because you played till level 25 the same way you will play up to level 25 in WoW or Swtor, all you wanted to do is to hit that next level.

Thats why it is boring.

How much WoW could a WoWhater hate, if a WoWhater could hate WoW?
    As much WoW as a WoWhater would, if a WoWhater could hate WoW.

• leoo88556leoo88556 Member Posts: 135

I totally agree! Anet should have use light saber and pillows instead of keyboard... or else it would be just another game! XD

• rankor2rankor2 Member UncommonPosts: 115
    Maybe they should have introduced an iToy on pc for combat and we could prance around infront of the screen?
  • jondifooljondifool Member UncommonPosts: 1,143

I bought the game and played some beta,but sofar I see nothing special with this game, ok, it looks good runs good but mostly boring quests and everythin you do is more or less same as you did the quest before. Ok I have only played till level 25 but why do they not make it fun? it is just plain boring.

Sometimes post amazes me? How can anyone just claims that GW2 just has borring quest and that anything you do is just the same as the last quest?? Without explaining what he means? Without explaining OP just sounds like a TROLL, and based on his post in this thread i don't think he is.  But claiming that quest in GW2 is booring just raise alot of questions if OP had actual understand anything ? What quests is he talking about? How can this statement make sense at all?

people had quessed what OP meant in this thread , but nobody can make sense of it. So maybe its time to wait for OP to explain.

• IPolygonIPolygon Member UncommonPosts: 707

Needless to say, op played much longer than me. So something was fun or did ANet lock him into a wheelchair with a notebook on his lap, and a gun shooting rainbows pressed against his cat's rear left paw, telling him to never stop or they will shoot.

• HonnerHonner Member Posts: 504

wow this keep going image