Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is so amazing with this game?

Comments

• WolfynsongWolfynsong Member Posts: 237
    Originally posted by Vidir

I bought the game and played some beta,but sofar I see nothing special with this game, ok, it looks good runs good but mostly boring quests and everythin you do is more or less same as you did the quest before. Ok I have only played till level 25 but why do they not make it fun? it is just plain boring.

Note the difference between the OP's criticism, versus this criticism:

Originally posted by AWWREEAWNUH

I honestly don't enjoy quests either. and contrary to the majority of the pop, i prefer low pop deserted servers for general questing. I don't like too much crowding (however this could just be a temporary result of beta testing.)

The first one repeats the words "boring" and "[not] fun," offers zero possible reason as to why (s)he feels this way, and further accuses every quest of being the same when they are not.

Versus the second, which states personal opinion as such.

I leave you all to draw the obvious conclusion on your own.

• palpypalpy Member Posts: 16

The same thing that  makes every game pre release so amazing: HYPE!

• DerpybirdDerpybird Member Posts: 991

If you aren't enjoying the game, then perhaps you wish to contact ANet for a refund.

If this doesn't fit what you're looking for (and you should know by 25) then why in the world would you force yourself to play it? This is especially true if you don't like the DE system, which only expand in scope and impact as you level.

How you could find the events repetitive and boring is beyond me, but whatever.

"Loading screens" are not "instances".
    Your personal efforts to troll any game will not, in fact, impact the success or failure of said game.

• tabindextabindex Member UncommonPosts: 70

What's so amazing? Are you kidding me?  Everybody wins the grand prize!  Everybody is the hero!  Everybody gets to dps, heal, and have the best gear!  Everybody gets to play a character in which not only does reputation not matter, but it doesn't even exist!

Tell me what's not amazing about that!

:(

• RCP_utRCP_ut Member Posts: 263

Dont take me wrong, but its easy, just dont play it :)

• illeriller Member UncommonPosts: 517

So the OP was obviously a frequent poster.... but never came back to elaborate on what exactly he experienced mostly for 25 levels?  Not attacking anyone but I think that speaks for itself volumes more than any amount of counter-arguments made in this thread.

• DerpybirdDerpybird Member Posts: 991
    Originally posted by tabindex

What's so amazing? Are you kidding me?  Everybody wins the grand prize!  Everybody is the hero!  Everybody gets to dps, heal, and have the best gear!  Everybody gets to play a character in which not only does reputation not matter, but it doesn't even exist!

As opposed to what?

Keeping content and gear limited to the "select few" who can make raiding a part-time job?

Waiting for 1-2 hours typing "LF Healer then GTG" in general chat?

Getting your self-esteem boost by standing in a main city posing with the best of the best that drops in that tier's gear grind?

Is that more amazing?

:)

"Loading screens" are not "instances".
    Your personal efforts to troll any game will not, in fact, impact the success or failure of said game.

• MeowheadMeowhead Member UncommonPosts: 3,716
    Originally posted by tabindex

If the part in red bothers you, there's no video game that's going to fix that.  May I suggest going out and dedicating all your efforts into real life, the only place where your 'character' is real, and actually exists? :)

Also, there IS a prize that matters in GW2... the cash prizes for the tournaments.  Not everybody will get those.  In fact, hardly anybody will.  They count towards real life (Look, real money!), and they're significantly rarer than the 'rare sword' from any other RPG.

I can't think of any other MMORPG offhand where anything you do counts towards RL, or is that level of difficult to achieve. :(

• Mors-SubitaMors-Subita Member UncommonPosts: 517
    Originally posted by Meowhead

I can't think of any other MMORPG offhand where anything you do counts towards RL, or is that level of difficult to achieve. :(

Well, hate to do it but... Project Entropia, city of steam, D3(since mmorpg.com classifies it as an mmo. Lots of people made/making money off RMAH)...

• Helghan09Helghan09 Member Posts: 5

In before lock!

• ShaikeShaike Member UncommonPosts: 301
    Originally posted by Xzen

Then don't play it.

If you don't like it - don't play it... :-) simple as that....

Just my 2 cents...

• MattVidMattVid Member Posts: 399
    Originally posted by Reskaillev

I bought the game and played some beta,but sofar I see nothing special with this game, ok, it looks good runs good but mostly boring quests and everythin you do is more or less same as you did the quest before. Ok I have only played till level 25 but why do they not make it fun? it is just plain boring.

Another one who confuses renown hearts with actual events -_-

Why oh why did you put the hearts in Anet???

Because then people would be complaining that they just ran around and didn't find any "quests" to do and they quit in the first 10 minutes?

Or they ran around and got killed in a level 8 DE at level 3 and then quit because it was too hard?

I kind of agree, the biggest problem being people are simply playing the game incorrectly. They should have a huge disclaimer NPC saying that "hearts are not DE/real content" or something at the beginning of the game :P

• MagnetiaMagnetia Member UncommonPosts: 1,015
    Originally posted by Shaike
    Originally posted by Xzen

Then don't play it.

If you don't like it - don't play it... :-) simple as that....

There is a reason I am not playing D3, any modern realism shooters, final fantasy whatever it's upto, Saints Row, Hitman, Civ V

Popular does not mean I am going to play it. Just because other people enjoy it does not mean I will. 

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?

• IsawaIsawa Member UncommonPosts: 1,051

Being able to go off exploring and have quests pop up on you is a feature I really enjoy. I like exploring and seeing all the details put into the game.

At lvl 25 and asking though, I'd say don't play. Further than I got, but I went with each race offered through their starting zone.

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Dunno but i get that feeling if i play GW2 like i had in the old days with Zelda / Metroid / Tomb Raider / Final Fantasy.

For me tthats the sign and ingidients for a super game.

To each his own offcourse, but that feeling only comes with 10/10 games, as 200 other mmo's and games dint wake that feeling.

its something you can explain in words :P good games do something special with the mind.

• dageezadageeza Member Posts: 578

Seriously?

Gamers that like the following may find GW2 boring..

Lowbie ganking in the open world..

Disruptive PvP in the open world..

Hey look at me being an E-peen killing lowbies in the open world..

Rogue classes with a lot of stealth and or invisibility..

And the ability to stun lock..

Player ran world (as long as its them running things)..

For most normal players GW2 will rightfully come off as anything from a well made decent game to the second coming..

Playing GW2..

• ButregenyoButregenyo Member UncommonPosts: 483

I bet OP didnt even play the game, just here to troll. If you find GW2 boring, MMOs are really not for you, because rest of the MMOs out on the market right now is extremely cheesy compared to GW2 in every aspect.

• seridanseridan Member UncommonPosts: 1,202

I wonder, if you say questing is boring in Guild Wars 2 which MMO has non-boring quests.... or non-boring combat.

Personally I love the combat,story,questing,pvp well everything. There should be a post with the opposite question:

"What is NOT so amazing with this game?" you'll be hard pressed to find anything

Block the trolls, don't answer them, so we can remove the garbage from these forums

• galliard1981galliard1981 Member Posts: 256
    Originally posted by huskie77

I am confused because 2 days ago the OP told another older gamer that he should choose a different game like him when asked about needing reflexes to play GW2.

"Vidir

Hard Core Member

7/15/12 8:28:31 PM#53
    Originally posted by vigg2004

I'm not a "twitchy" gamer.  I'm a middle-aged man with questionable reaction time and coordination.  I'm not good at kiting or strafing.  Is there any place for me in GW2, or will I just get mutilated?

Sounds like you should do same as I'm considdering, choose a game where you need to be skilled in your head, and not hyperactively pushing 5 different buttoms on the keyboard and rotating the mouse. Might get very boring fast for midle aged people like us:-)"

i am 31 right now and dont care that i will not be the best in the world. it still is great game for anybody. besides, dont underestimate your brain value in this game. smart people can win a lot. for example, when 70% people played IWAY build in guildwars1, i created setup to counter IWAY, at least took 3 skills that worked great vs them. this way we had great advantage from the very beginning entering hall of heroes

Playing: Rohan
    Played (from best to worst): Shadowbane, Guild Wars, Shayia, Age of Conan, Warhammer, Runes of Magic, Rappelz, Archlord, Knight online, King of Kings, Kal online, Last chaos

• DeniZgDeniZg Member UncommonPosts: 697

This game is very innovative, polished and has many little things that make the gaming experience enjoyable and interesting.

However, if you're burned out on fantasy setting (I know many people including myself are), it will seriously reduce the fun factor by a lot. My 2 cents.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

@OP

There is nothing really amazing or nothing really ground braking about this game. Saying that its a very solid fantasty themepark MMORPG that has its own twist for certain things. At least when i was testing in open beta everything seemed solid enough... I did come accross some uber boring quests like collect 50 feathers and place them on these alter type things.. but most quests are go kill those and go collect those.. so really its just a very well polished themepark MMORPG with an instant level button for PVP so the want it now kiddies will be happy.. The WvWvW pvp was the stand out thing for me in this game.

So if your looking for a well polished fantasy themepark MMORPG then GW2 is worth a look. Be advised that there is a cash shop with items you will want to buy.. not need to but will want to.. they have to make money some way :)

Im burnt out on Fantasy MMORPGs so i got bored very very very fast as i had seen it all before..

• AdiarisAdiaris Member CommonPosts: 381
    Originally posted by Caldrin

@OP

There is nothing really amazing or nothing really ground braking about this game. Saying that its a very solid fantasty themepark MMORPG that has its own twist for certain things. At least when i was testing in open beta everything seemed solid enough... I did come accross some uber boring quests like collect 50 feathers and place them on these alter type things.. but most quests are go kill those and go collect those.. so really its just a very well polished themepark MMORPG with an instant level button for PVP so the want it now kiddies will be happy.. The WvWvW pvp was the stand out thing for me in this game.

So if your looking for a well polished fantasy themepark MMORPG then GW2 is worth a look. Be advised that there is a cash shop with items you will want to buy.. not need to but will want to.. they have to make money some way :)

Im burnt out on Fantasy MMORPGs so i got bored very very very fast as i had seen it all before..

I'd love to know what games you guys have been playing that has allowed you to "see it all before" 10 years playing MMOs (mostly fantasy, in fact) and GW2 managed to surprise me at every turn from the macro look at things (no holy trinity, no quest hubs, return to exploration, finally enormous live capital cities, fun dynamic combat) to the micro (world and mechanics details, town clothes, not the usual skills, anyone can revive, and much more.) 

Perhaps people mean it's a fantasy setting, so you necessarily have "see it all before?" Bit of a strange concept for me, I love fantasy books for example and although of course they all share some similiarities (there's a hero and most often companions, there's good and evil, there's usually magic of some sort, and it's a fantasy world) I wouldn't say that every time I pick up a new book I think "I've seen it all before." 

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • RequiamerRequiamer Member Posts: 2,034

Originally posted by Adiaris

Originally posted by Caldrin @OP There is nothing really amazing or nothing really ground braking about this game. Saying that its a very solid fantasty themepark MMORPG that has its own twist for certain things. At least when i was testing in open beta everything seemed solid enough... I did come accross some uber boring quests like collect 50 feathers and place them on these alter type things.. but most quests are go kill those and go collect those.. so really its just a very well polished themepark MMORPG with an instant level button for PVP so the want it now kiddies will be happy.. The WvWvW pvp was the stand out thing for me in this game. So if your looking for a well polished fantasy themepark MMORPG then GW2 is worth a look. Be advised that there is a cash shop with items you will want to buy.. not need to but will want to.. they have to make money some way :)   Im burnt out on Fantasy MMORPGs so i got bored very very very fast as i had seen it all before..    
    I'd love to know what games you guys have been playing that has allowed you to "see it all before" 10 years playing MMOs (mostly fantasy, in fact) and GW2 managed to surprise me at every turn from the macro look at things (no holy trinity, no quest hubs, return to exploration, finally enormous live capital cities, fun dynamic combat) to the micro (world and mechanics details, town clothes, not the usual skills, anyone can revive, and much more.)  Perhaps people mean it's a fantasy setting, so you necessarily have "see it all before?" Bit of a strange concept for me, I love fantasy books for example and although of course they all share some similiarities (there's a hero and most often companions, there's good and evil, there's usually magic of some sort, and it's a fantasy world) I wouldn't say that every time I pick up a new book I think "I've seen it all before."   

Well honestly it's a point of view. Some people cannot see the novelty in anything, everyday is the same for them over and over again and nothing ever change. Some people will make a different dish of pasta every day even though it's a dish of pasta every day. I guess it's a question of curiosity and an ability to go inside things and spot the details. And people that are straight out negative will always claim that "it's the same crap" anyway.

• MeowheadMeowhead Member UncommonPosts: 3,716
    Originally posted by Requiamer

Well honestly it's a point of view. Some people cannot see the novelty in anything, everyday is the same for them over and over again and nothing ever change. Some people will make a different dish of pasta every day even though it's a dish of pasta every day. I guess it's a question of curiosity and an ability to go inside things and spot the details. And people that are straight out negative will always claim that "it's the same crap" anyway.

It's also a matter of different expectations and wanting different things.

I personally think it's a bad idea to say 'I don't see what's different' just because of a difference of opinion on what you WANT to be different.

I might not want to play Darkfall, but I can at least spot what's different. :)

GW2 changes some things that some people don't care about, but that doesn't mean they didn't change those things.