Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top 5 AAA MMOs you couldn't uninstall quickly enough

1234568»

Comments

• ForumPvPForumPvP Member Posts: 871

1.guild wars [install it once in a year and uninstall it in ~15 minutes]
    2.final fantasy XIV
    3.star trek online
    4.age of conan

Let's internet

• AndraviusAndravius Member UncommonPosts: 82

Star Wars Galaxies NGE introduction.  Rage quit after seeing a npc walk through a table during a firefight.  Second backstab by Lucas' company.  The first being the Ewoks in the 'Revenge of the Jedi'.  The name change on that movie opened my young eyes to the greed of GL.

Original Star Wars Galaxies was good even with all its warts and would be playing it off and on if it had stayed on the station pass.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

As of post  #188:

Top 10 fastest AAA uninstalls for the MMORPG.com community:

Star Wars: The Old Republic 44
    AION 42
    Age of Conan 34
    TERA 34
    RIFT 32
    Warhammer Online 31
    Star Trek Online 25
    Final Fantasy XIV 23
    World of Warcraft 21
    The Secret World 20

• BeermanglerBeermangler Member UncommonPosts: 402

1. RIFT. Bought from Steam to get into early Beta, played for a couple of hours, asked for refund.

2. SW:TOR. Just... no. It's everything Star Wars fans hate.

3. AoC. One start area for all classes & races? Really?

4. Guild Wars. Enjoyed a bit in beta since it was something new, quickly lost interest after launch.

5.  Allods. Steep grinding curve after level 5.

Honorary: EVE Online. Tried to 'get it' so many times I lost count. I maybe installed / uninstalled for about 10 times now.

Better to be crazy, provided you know what sane is...

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

I can't think of any to be honest. I gave them all a fair chance (aka the free month :D) before I uninstalled them.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• SebberSebber Member Posts: 221

1. Guild Wars 1 (Trial)

2. Eve Online (Trial)

3. APB

4. Nothing

5. Nothing

• gessekai332gessekai332 Member UncommonPosts: 861

1) SWTOR

2) Tabula Rasa

3) DCUO

Not gonna make a top 5 because these 3 are in a league of their own in terms of terrible taste in my mouth.

edit: make that top 4.

4) TERA

Most memorable games: AoC(Tryanny PvP), RIFT, GW, GW2, Ragnarok Online, Aion, FFXI, FFXIV, Secret World, League of Legends (Silver II rank)

• JerYnkFanJerYnkFan Member UncommonPosts: 342

1) STO -- Last 2 days in head start and uninstalled.  Thought I was going to break my space bar.  Went back recently just to check it out and it has gotten better, but still wouldn't sub to it.  Plus there is the whole lock box thing

2) Runes of Magic - Logged in looked at the graphics and said nah.  Plus I am not a big fan of click to move

3) DDO - Just didn't like it.  Though it was the action combat, but I think I just was burned out on LOTRO by then so the thought of playing another Turbine game wasn't appealing.

4) SWTOR - Played for about 15-20 days got bored.  Still had 60 day time card so I used it.  Lasted about 2 weeks.  I enjoy the story, but just can't get into the point to point to point questing with no freedom of movement what so ever.

5) EQ2 - I played at launch for awhile.  Decided to try it again a couple of times since it went F2P and I don't last more that a couple of days if that.  Guess it's starting to look and feel it's age.

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

Come to think of it, WoW I uninstalled quickly due to the elves with handlebar ears and architecture that looked like it could fall over at any moment. I did try again, later and stuck with it, though.

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• judex99judex99 Member UncommonPosts: 392

mmmmh lets see

1) The last Final Fantasy, maybe worst MMO ever

2) Dark and Ligth, maybe biggest rip-off ever

3) Anarchy Online, maybe buggiest MMO ever

Just three, others can be bad but they dont deserve to share a list with these three fiascos.