Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WIll I like GW2?

2»

Comments

• kDeviLkDeviL Member UncommonPosts: 215
    Originally posted by Badaboom
    Originally posted by design1314

You guys have answered all my questions in details :)

I really think I am going to preorder this game today to gain beta access... Will the character transfer over from beta when the game is out?

My educated guess is No.

No it wont, it's been confirmed on the blog, even the last beta's will be wiped for #3

If WoW was released today even in its' entirety it would be f2p in 3 months.
    Why is it still such a big deal?

• NaqajNaqaj Member UncommonPosts: 1,673
    Originally posted by MattVid

I really think this is a common misconception with how gear is going to work in GW2. When you hit level 80 and you are wearing all white items, you are not in the "best gear" even if it is level 80. You are going to have to work to get exotic/unique stuff by doing dungeons and what not. But the mythic/epic/whatever gear is not going to be better than the exotic.

But a white/blue piece of gear isn't going to be as good as a green piece at 80 ... I am not sure when the stat increases will stop, but they are not going to be all equal even at max level. You are going to have to work for it ... just like you have to work on your gear as you are leveling up. It isn't just handed out for free each level.

If it isn't handed to you at level 10, it is most definitely not going to be handed to you at level 80.

Of course not for free, but you get it just by continuing to play the game normally, doing whatever you want to do. There is not a single exclusive path (raiding) to get it, and it doesn't take weeks.

• NaqajNaqaj Member UncommonPosts: 1,673

Does anyone have a spare beta key to give me? I would be appreciated ^_-

There are still key giveaways. Follow the GW2 twitter and facebook, they announce them constantly. Be quick and grab one.

• design1314design1314 Member Posts: 13

My last question: If I preorder from their website, will I get some kind of beta key in email so I can play the BWE3 this weekend?

• tokinitokini Member UncommonPosts: 372

Hi, I've never played GW1 and I always wanted to play a MMORPG. I love WOW but I want to try something new, similar gameplay but new enivoriment. Kotaku was giving out 200 beta keys but I was not lucky enough to register on time so I am asking for your opinions of this game. I've read reviews of GW2 but here are some questions that I have:

1) Is the game linear like FF13? Or open like WOW?

2) I know GW's endgame is mostly based on PvP, let's say I enjoy PvE more, will there be an endgame for PvE players? ie: group up with friends and do PvE?

3) I read that the layout the world map is huge, are there a lot of secrets? Like the cow, pont lvl in D2, D3?

4) How are the lvling and quests like? I heard it lvls real fast and end game grinding is all about the cosmetic of your outfits? Are the quests like WOW?

5) Will this game be "Pay to Win" like D3? How does the auction house, 3rd party For Sale sites differ from D3?

Please add anything that you find the game interests you~  Thx!

1- you can go to any of the appropriate level zones with any race, so it is fairly open. but normal linear questing, reach a cetain level move to the next zone, repeat repeat.

2- dunno, i doubt large group raids will come.

3- yeah supposedly there are a lot of puzles to find, and 'vistas'

4- each level is supposed to take as no longer than the previous. questing is cool but not as different as some would have you belive. go to an area with a heart, you will find quests. dynamic events often have 'kill x whatevers' components (no you dont see a number, but as you do stuff a bar fills up), but since you're not alone doing it it isnt so bad. sometimes you talk to an npc and they have a quest, but nothing would indictae so. the biggest difference is npc's dont have ! above their heads, but quest areas or 'hubs' certainly exist.  but there is no quest log, you get the quest, or 'event', because its happening right now in front of you, and you move on.

5- so far, no it is not pay to win. we'll see how things go. if the lockboxes or whatever start dropping good stuff, and keys start dropping less, store could be an issue.

im not ga ga over some things, and i frankly think the WvWvW will become a ghost town soon after launch because compettitve pvpers will do battlegrounds, and it is somewhat a zerg fest. but overall its a good game.

• dracopiedracopie Member Posts: 51

My last question: If I preorder from their website, will I get some kind of beta key in email so I can play the BWE3 this weekend?

Yes, I believe so.

I mean, the ad on this site even says it up at the top.

• CromicaCromica Member UncommonPosts: 657

If you would like to try it I have an extra beta key that you could use pm me if you want it

• AdzijaAdzija Member UncommonPosts: 58

I think you need to Pre-purchase to get access to beta weekend.

Also to add to everything that previous posters wrote about events and what I encounterd in last beta weekend.

Sometimes you might find yourself in area and there are just no events going on. You can talk to NPC's, wait a bit or change zone for a while but be sure to come back because sooner or later something will kick in that zone you were in and stuff will start to happen.

Just love the questing system in this game.

Best thing is if you explore around and you see something going on you don't need to look for NPC that gives quest like in most other games... Just run in, do your thing and you get rewarded..You even get reward if you jusr ressurect other players or NPC

Originally posted by Cromica

If you would like to try it I have an extra beta key that you could use pm me if you want it

Hi you got a PM ^_^

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by Adzija

thats true with one exception

any preorder from Amazon receieves Prepurchase benefits

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/uodjr/im_a_guild_wars_2_developer_ama_about_the_next/c4x41tc

• terrantterrant Member Posts: 1,683
    Originally posted by Nadia
    Originally posted by Adzija

thats true with one exception

any preorder from Amazon receieves Prepurchase benefits

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/uodjr/im_a_guild_wars_2_developer_ama_about_the_next/c4x41tc

It is not entirely true. Over 10,000 beta keys were handed out in BWE 3, and a similar number in BWE2. it may however be too late for any of those.

Originally posted by Cromica

BTW I just wnat to say thanks to Cromica for the key. See you guys in game :) Cheers!