Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Live chat with devs about end game soon!

Comments

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993
    Originally posted by MattVid

Sounds pretty awesome to me, especially the final zone. The legendary weapons sound a little flamboyant to me, but whatever. I would hope there are more choices than swords made of night/day and unicorn bows that shoot rainbows.

Hey, there is absolutely nothing wrong with unicorn bows that shoot rainbows.

I mean just look at it!

I am going to have to much fun killing people with it in WvW.

• RequiamerRequiamer Member Posts: 2,034
    Originally posted by RizelStar
    Originally posted by StriderXed

Yeah, that's why it's weird to me. Quests, dungeons, pvp. The only difference is that now there's super awesome gear in the end. it's now magically endgame. I just don't get it.

Anyway, honestly, while this cool and all, i was actually expectin some kind of player driven/sandboxy type endgame for a sec. I alway knew Orr as better events than teh other zones but i don't view that as "endgame" since it's still just DE, only cooler. Which is fine all, but, oh well.

Think of it as a sort of WvW vs AI. Don't quote me on it though. Just my interpretation.

That's actually a good way of putting it

Yea that's pretty much what it is. 

Ye that's how i understood it, but i just don't want to put to much hope into this, that's the kind of stuff i'm awaiting for since i began playing those damn mmo in '98 and never saw a thing as simple as that. Also i think R.G tried it with Tabula Rasa but it got closed before i even was able to try it!. I'm just amazed nobody ever did that, ever, well in fact i saw this in very few private server... image

• terrantterrant Member Posts: 1,683

Things that I picked up worth mentioning:

1. Continue to "level" and gain skill points past level cap.
    2. Skill points can be used to fund cool looking Legendary weapons.
    3. "Event Webs"- DEs that have multiple potential endings, that spawn another DE with multiple potential endings, that....well youu know.
    4. Orr- Little to no hearts. No handholding, just start DE hunting.

Some cool stuff there. Looking forward to it.
  • SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551
    Originally posted by Fusion

So after all the fuzz, there IS endgame and it is nothing shy of a general "gear threadmill" but in this case, you're not after stats, but rainbows and day/nightsky weapons

You'll be doing dungeons (over and over again) to gain tokens with which to buy "pretty skins" instead of stats, because lets face, if you DON'T go after those "skins and rainbows", what else is there, PVE-wise?

Sure, there is WvW, which is nice, but once you've done that for a month or so, what makes it anything more than a few zones in which you fight over slight buffs which really mean nothing at all once you're capped.

"but you can go to lower level zones and still have challenge" ... why would i want to go there, if i've already cleared level appropriate content? "for skill points which i can use to get shiny unicorn weapons", which are just that, shiny, nothing more.

Dynamic events being "6 times more complex to produce compared to conventional quests" translates to 6 times less frequent updates?

"no endgame and horizontal progression" arguments can be put to rest on that.

I'll give it 2 months, then i'll propably be burnt out, like all the others before GW2.

ps. im not a min-maxer, so no, i dont care about zone completions, titles, achievements etc. i enjoy the ride untill it ends and if the end offers nothing new and interesting i'll move on.

Aww, it's too early to jump in and ruin all their fun :(

• FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398
    Originally posted by heartless
    Originally posted by MattVid

Sounds pretty awesome to me, especially the final zone. The legendary weapons sound a little flamboyant to me, but whatever. I would hope there are more choices than swords made of night/day and unicorn bows that shoot rainbows.

Hey, there is absolutely nothing wrong with unicorn bows that shoot rainbows.

I mean just look at it!

I am going to have to much fun killing people with it in WvW.

I prefer this rainbow shooting unicorn

http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
  • DJJazzyDJJazzy Member UncommonPosts: 2,053
    Originally posted by SuperXero89

So after all the fuzz, there IS endgame and it is nothing shy of a general "gear threadmill" but in this case, you're not after stats, but rainbows and day/nightsky weapons

You'll be doing dungeons (over and over again) to gain tokens with which to buy "pretty skins" instead of stats, because lets face, if you DON'T go after those "skins and rainbows", what else is there, PVE-wise?

Sure, there is WvW, which is nice, but once you've done that for a month or so, what makes it anything more than a few zones in which you fight over slight buffs which really mean nothing at all once you're capped.

"but you can go to lower level zones and still have challenge" ... why would i want to go there, if i've already cleared level appropriate content? "for skill points which i can use to get shiny unicorn weapons", which are just that, shiny, nothing more.

Dynamic events being "6 times more complex to produce compared to conventional quests" translates to 6 times less frequent updates?

I'll give it 2 months, then i'll propably be burnt out, like all the others before GW2.

ps. im not a min-maxer, so no, i dont care about zone completions, titles, achievements etc. i enjoy the ride untill it ends and if the end offers nothing new and interesting i'll move on.

Aww, it's too early to jump in and ruin all their fun :(

It didn't ruin my fun

• nomssnomss Member UncommonPosts: 1,468

That was a nice take on the end game. Looking forward to it.

• VaultarVaultar Member Posts: 339

I doubt it will be anything that we haven't heard before. You can bet your bottom dollar that they will be talking about how the the end game starts right from the start and that the game won't suddently change at the end like in most other mmos (raids). 

Nevertheless, their video interviews are always intertaining to watch :).

Looking forward to EQL and EQN.

Well, if you were hoping for traditional raiding, you continue to be disappointed. If you were hoping for traditional MMO endgame, you will be disappointed. 

That's not to say it's bad, it may just not be for everyone.

I'm going to give it a try. Worst case scenario, I don't like it after a few months, I stop playing. I can pick it up later if something new and cool gets released. We'll see.

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988

The title is what scares me about current MMORPG design.

There is no such thing as endgame.

• DJJazzyDJJazzy Member UncommonPosts: 2,053
    Originally posted by Vaultar

I doubt it will be anything that we haven't heard before. You can bet your bottom dollar that they will be talking about how the the end game starts right from the start and that the game won't suddently change at the end like in most other mmos (raids). 

Nevertheless, their video interviews are always intertaining to watch :).

They went into more specifics this time. You ought to watch it, at least that part of it. The question/answer part was a big bleh though.

Originally posted by MMOGamer71

"post-level-cap game" is so clunky though. Got a better way to phrase it?

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    Originally posted by terrant

LOL no but I'd suggest your title for it.  

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

Reminds me of FFXI's Merits, after you got to the lvl cap, you would gain a merit point for every 10,000XP you earned, then spend those merits buying permanant char stat / skill increases.  Loved that system, thus I'm going to surely love GW2 then.

I loved everything they had to say about the end game progression, finally an MMO where you're not forced into raids to continue playing and be competitive...

• jeremyjodesjeremyjodes Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 679

Ok this hater is kind of impressed. the more I read the more interesting this MMO starts to get. damit i hate being interested :)  where do i get a beta key?

• HellSingsHellSings Member Posts: 185

Couldn't care less about the rainbow bows. The only thing I'm looking forward to is Zhaitan.

• nax38nax38 Member Posts: 41
    Originally posted by GriselBrand

Couldn't care less about the rainbow bows. The only thing I'm looking forward to is Zhaitan.

Zhaitan can only be killed with rainbow bows.
  • GeobardiGeobardi Member Posts: 68

I'm sure the bow they are talking about is this one that was leaked from the beta client.

Can the other weapons in the image be legendary items too?, they seem pretty rare...

• HellSingsHellSings Member Posts: 185
    Originally posted by nax38
    Originally posted by GriselBrand

Zhaitan can only be killed with rainbow bows.

I'll stick with my Day and Night Sword, bro

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,456

Impressive - and exactly what I was expecting.

At max level, you don't magically leave the world to queue for dungeons like in all the other WoW clones (SW:TOR, LOTRO, Rift, TSW). The world remains your playground (the WHOLE world, and not only 4 or 5 high level areas), with dungeons being one one possible activity. Orr sounds absolutely fantastic.

Love the idea of legendary weapons that don't require a group of 25 people in a raid to acquire too.

And progression continues too - skill points.

Really reminds me AC1 in a lot of ways. Can't wait to play my final real character.

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066
    Originally posted by terrant

LOL no but I'd suggest your title for it.  

But which level, post character level cap or post gear level cap? :)

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• seridanseridan Member UncommonPosts: 1,202
    Originally posted by jeremyjodes

Ok this hater is kind of impressed. the more I read the more interesting this MMO starts to get. damit i hate being interested :)  where do i get a beta key?

I don't know if there are any beta keys available, there were lots of giveaways, maybe someone has one left

Block the trolls, don't answer them, so we can remove the garbage from these forums

• I don't think they specified whether the final dungeon is a 5-man instance or not.  Probably so, but it would be cool if it were a large open dungeon with dynamic content (trap doors, hidden passageways, random boss spawns, etc).

• lilHealalilHeala Member UncommonPosts: 522
    Originally posted by heartless

That's how it always was. GW2, like GW1 has cosmetic gear threadmill. The difference, if it's not evident, is that you do not need to participate in the cosmetic gear threadmill to remain competitive.

Another difference is that it can hardly be called a treadmill because you gain exp from everything you do and don't rerun specific content only ad nauseum. You do whatever you consider fun in an mmo and still get a cookie for it. It's all in the mind... if you need that carrot on a stick with artificial progression because all they do is add more stats on gear and make requirements of stats bigger for next dungeon/raid cluster, then this game is not for you. But don't say GW2 is just the same but on cosmetic level.

• seridanseridan Member UncommonPosts: 1,202
    Originally posted by Sixpax

I don't think they specified whether the final dungeon is a 5-man instance or not.  Probably so, but it would be cool if it were a large open dungeon with dynamic content (trap doors, hidden passageways, random boss spawns, etc).

I would like to know that too. Getting hundreds to open the gate to fight the boss then fighting him with just 5 sounds lame.

Block the trolls, don't answer them, so we can remove the garbage from these forums