Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Live chat with devs about end game soon!

QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
ArenaNet's Eric Flannum and Colin Johanson are going to be chatting live on our Twitch TV channel in just about one hour. Join them as they explain how both single and multi-player RPGs have evolved and how GW2 showcases these changes. Then learn how they plan to tackle one of the genres most challenging aspects: The End Game.

If you have questions about this topic, feel free to tweet them to us @arenanet and we'll try to answer as many as we can at the end of the talk.

http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2

It's from facebook.

Comments

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

Interesting

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292

Nice

• OldManFunkOldManFunk Member Posts: 894

What the heck? It hasn't even released and they're already talking about ending it? image

• MattVidMattVid Member Posts: 399

This should be interesting, would like to hear how end game is going to be in GW2. Not really spoilers, but the types of content and progression that will be there.

• FredomSekerZFredomSekerZ Member Posts: 1,156
    Originally posted by OldManFunk

What the heck? It hasn't even released and they're already talking about ending it? image

They're going to announce GW3 of course.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by FredomSekerZ

You got that wrong, they are talking about the game that ends all other gaming needs ;)

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Make sure to post a log or a saved version of that chat, ill not be able to attend it, but sure do i want to know what they said.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Make sure to post a log or a saved version of that chat, ill not be able to attend it, but sure do i want to know what they said.

This.

Actually, someone please ask them when the next expansion is coming out and how much new content do they plan to add before the expansion (if anything).

You got that wrong, they are talking about the game that ends all other gaming needs ;)

When did Anet get involved with TES6 with co-op/multyplayer?

• seridanseridan Member UncommonPosts: 1,202

For some people no, but for thousand of others hell yes

Block the trolls, don't answer them, so we can remove the garbage from these forums

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

Wow lots of really good and cool info.

Orr - big end game PvE zone with lots of dynamic event meta-chains and territory control against NPCs/Mobs including huge temples/dungeons (open world) and a "final" instanced dungeon

2-3 times the number of DE's as any other region, no heart quests.

Skill points - after hitting level 80 instead of XP you get more skill points just from playing (things that would otherwise give you XP)

Mystic Forge - Spend skill points on lots of cool stuff, including legendary weapons

Additions at any level of the game = end game additions because every toon down-scales to level appropriate to zone

Nature of dynamic events = easier to add more content to the game versus traditonal quests

Of course PvP (both WvW and sPvP)

• HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030

I'm holding out for GW3 myself.  I figure they'll learn from all the mistakes of GW2 and then make a totally awesome game.

• Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065

Well one thing they just mentioned is that once you hit level 80, your XP bar resets and you'll continue to gain XP and whenever the bar becomes full again you earn a skill point. Skill points can then be used to get cool new weapons, items, consumables & components.

Also that Legendary weapons (the Tier above Exotic) will be impossible to acquire from another player and will require each player to go to some extreme lengths to acquire/craft. Some legendary weapons they mentioned were:

• A bow that shoots rainbows & unicorns. Seriously.
    • A hammer that leaves a sort of liquid metal Terminator effect.
    • A greatsword that's forged buy combining two legendary greatswords (one of the day & the other of the night sky). The new greatsword will have both effects.

*Wow. It's over already*

Sorry guys i missed it abit. What was their whole thing about endgame?

Was this really like 10 minutes? Or less?

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796

Orr will have 3 zones where there are no reniown hearts only Dynamic events with numerous outocmes (they call it event webs) and there are twice as many events as on other maps. I can say that's a pretty big end game area if you ask me.

We will have to fight and capture special Major temples there and fight our way to final dungeon(s).

Originally posted by BadSpock

Orr - big end game PvE zone with lots of dynamic event meta-chains and territory control against NPCs/Mobs including huge temples/dungeons (open world) and a "final" instanced dungeon

Skill points - after hitting level 80 instead of XP you get more skill points just from playing (things that would otherwise give you XP)

Mystic Forge - Spend skill points on lots of cool stuff, including legendary weapons

Additions at any level of the game = end game additions because every toon down-scales to level appropriate to zone

Nature of dynamic events = easier to add more content to the game versus traditonal quests

that's what I got out of it

• IrusIrus Member Posts: 774

So on top of everything else, this game even has "endgame" content?

Can it come out already...

Originally posted by QSatu

Orr will have 3 zones where there are no reniown hearts only Dynamic events with numerous outocmes (they call it event webs) and there are twice as many events as on other maps. I can say that's a pretty big end game area if you ask me.

is that what they wher talkin about endgame? just to make sure. I was thinking they where going to talk about some new mechanics or dungeon or whatever.

I also watched the Orr part, it's just that we already new it was going to be a "endgame" type area. Well, good stuff anyway.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

I kinda got a little horny.

• dracopiedracopie Member Posts: 51
    Originally posted by Master10K

Well one thing they just mentioned is that once you hit level 80, your XP bar resets and you'll continue to gain XP and whenever the bar becomes full again you earn a skill point. Skill points can then be used to get cool new weapons, items, consumables & components.

Also that Legendary weapons (the Tier above Exotic) will be impossible to acquire from another player and will require each player to go to some extreme lengths to acquire/craft. Some legendary weapons they mentioned were:

• A bow that shoots rainbows & unicorns. Seriously.
    • A hammer that leaves a sort of liquid metal Terminator effect.
    • A greatsword that's forged buy combining two legendary greatswords (one of the day & the other of the night sky). The new greatsword will have both effects.

*Wow. It's over already*

Corrections:

• A bow that shoots rainbows & has a unicorn horn.
    • A hammer that incases your character with a liquid metal Terminator effect and leaves behind a trail.
    • A greatsword that's forged buy combining two legendary greatswords (one's blade is basically a cut out plane of the day sky, while the other is night). The new greatsword will change effect depending on the time of day.
  • seridanseridan Member UncommonPosts: 1,202

that's what I got out of it

Unfortunately is was very short, but very informative :)

Block the trolls, don't answer them, so we can remove the garbage from these forums

Sounds like an entire 3 zone region with raid-level content that is all open world and persistant - like if players don't fight back the NPC's they lose ground against them and have to re-take their previous gains.

Awesome.

And cosmetic only legendary weapons with cool effects?

Skill points instead of XP after level 80?

Yes, yes please.

• VagabondLifeVagabondLife Member Posts: 91

Full replay here on front page at GW2Guru:

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/

• StriderXedStriderXed Member Posts: 257

Can't wait for those "no true endgame" threads now.

• RequiamerRequiamer Member Posts: 2,034

Their description of the lv 80 pve zone "Orr" filled with DE related to the gods sound totally amazing.