Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ultima Forever: Quest for the Avatar: Britannia Reborn for a New Era

Comments

• SaintPhilipSaintPhilip Member Posts: 713

Jesus Christ- I  have been waiting for Ultima to "revive" since early 2000- A new vision of this wonderful sandbox world - A new Horizen to gaming. And Richard Gariott (AKA LOrd British) would lked the charge .

What...The...Fuck..is..This...

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I am going to punch a random kitten in the head now. Fuck you Richard Gariott and Fuck you Ipad/Facebook casual game with Ultimas name on it.

• theAsnatheAsna Member UncommonPosts: 324

Can someone please stop EA from raping IPs?

• KizzattaKizzatta Member Posts: 59

I'm in.

• GrixxittGrixxitt Member UncommonPosts: 545

You meet a charming bard!

Your interest:  name

He says: I am Iolo

Yout Interest: join

Forsooth I would join thee but I require a microtransaction of 5$ from the Origin Ultima shoppe. Shall I open said window now or shall thee languish in the Abyss by thyself?

The above is my personal opinion. Anyone displaying a view contrary to my opinion is obviously WRONG and should STHU. (neener neener)

-The MMO Forum Community

• GarkanGarkan Member Posts: 552

A phone/tablet RPG will be pretty interesting, mobile gaming is a huge industry now and games like this will become more and more common.

Currently playing:

EVE online (Ruining low sec one hotdrop at a time)

Gravity Rush,
    Dishonoured: The Knife of Dunwall.

(Waiting for) Metro: Last Light,
    Company of Heroes II.

• HrimnirHrimnir Member RarePosts: 2,415

Yeah, i'm pretty much at the point that i'd rather apply a liberal amount of honey to my genitals and then t-bag a bee hive before playing one of these half assed excuses for a game.

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."

- Friedrich Nietzsche

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

A complete and utter betrayal if I've ever seen one. I could write an essay about what's wrong with this just based upon the information / artwork I've seen so far.

Absolutely disgusting. I'll be seeing red for quite some time over this.

• shantidevashantideva Member UncommonPosts: 186

Looking at the artwork from their website it seems like a "clonewars" style aimed at kids.

"Train by day, Joe Rogan podcast by night, all day!"

• SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551

My only complaint are what I can only perceive to be character models.  I don't mind cartoony, but that doesn't mean they have to be midgets.  Reminds me of the artstyle in the first Torchlight which I also hated.

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423

Sounds cool except two red flags: Paul Barnett and Mythic.  Fool me once, shame on you.  Fool me twice, shame on me.

• lordtwistedlordtwisted Member UncommonPosts: 570

I would give it a shot. I signed up for the beta and hopefully a lot of old school Ultima lovers will too. 

Not so nice guy!

• MajorBiggsMajorBiggs Member UncommonPosts: 709

If they're seriously going the cartoony route a.k.a. SWTOR is a fucking childrens show, then I hope all the devs and people in charge get diarrhea FOR EVER. Fuck them.

Ultima Forever: Quest for Finding Intelligent Devs Who Stay Faithful to the Game Universe

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

UXO ?

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

Gah! You're supposed to do a remake of UO! Launch UO into the 21st century!

Gaaaaaaah!

• KingCodeanKingCodean Member Posts: 2

Classic EA trying to steal thunder for a quick buck. EA needs to die. I hate that they would put out an Ultima after years of abuse to the game, when someone is trying to revive the essence of the true game.

• LarsaLarsa Member Posts: 990

*shudders* An action RPG, eh? Bioware story thrown in for good measure? Paul Barnett, the hyper of doomed products? F2P with cash shop? And Bill Murphy from MMORPG.com telling us we all should get excited about that?

Certainly not.

EA probably still thinks that using the brands Bioware and Mythic is good marketing. For many gamers these names are more like huge red warning flags. Someone should tell the suits.

I maintain this List of Sandbox MMORPGs. Please post or send PM for corrections and suggestions.

• spankybusspankybus Member UncommonPosts: 1,367
    Originally posted by KingCodean

Classic EA trying to steal thunder for a quick buck. EA needs to die. I hate that they would put out an Ultima after years of abuse to the game, when someone is trying to revive the essence of the true game.

What is really cracking me up is their reference to helping britainnia and 'Lady' British lol Mr. Garriott must have gotten a chuckle out of that!

Frank 'Spankybus' Mignone
    www.spankybus.com
    -3d Artist & Compositor
    -Writer
    -Professional Amature

• merryjestmerryjest Member Posts: 1

Ah, E.A. really is the kiss of the spider woman for good franchises, isn’t it? Origin was gutted and destroyed when E.A. acquired it, and then the ultima franchise went to hell. Then Bioware got gutted and Mass Effect… well, I needn’t say any more.

So, of course, the most logical step in E.A’s progression to destroy franchises is two mash a franchise they destroyed over ten years ago and put a company they destroyed very recently in charge of it. Brilliant!

Because, you know, nothing says “Ultima” to me than a cartoony Diablo clone. And on top of all they’ve got Paul Barnett, the Patron Saint of failed projects and false promises, on board… this is going to be a disaster

• PukeBucketPukeBucket Member Posts: 867

I uh, want to say bad things like everyone else.

But I'm intrigued to say the least. I'll try it.

I used to play MMOs like you, but then I took an arrow to the knee.

• jamigrejamigre Member UncommonPosts: 280

10 bucks says they can it. UO2, Ultima X Oddysey, bothg canned by EA, this, knowing EA's hostory with F2P iPad games, is going to be limited with the full experience being very expesnive. 

I'd love to see a new Ultima MMO, UO was my 1st massive, but I hold very little faith in what EA will do with the Ultima brand. 

-------
    Check out my side project http://lfger.com/  - a mobile lfg tool for any game, any time. 
    -------

• aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387
    Originally posted by Indol

The fact that Richard Garriott isn't involved is hugely suspect considering he basically is the Ultima series. I can't even imagine how he feels about this game being made without him...

That's why he is making his own new take on Britannia now

Originally posted by Kothoses

Richard Garriot is Ultima, is this the same man that declared a year ago that facebook and mobile gaming were the future? If so maybe its best they parted ways.

Unfortunately Richard is not wrong, and I would bet he based his assumption on numbers, not feelings.

Would you like to compare the numbers of Smart Phone/Facebook users vs the number of ppl that plays any MMO? I bet it beats in by a mile (I actually seen this stat published somewhere before). Also imo quite sure that if you have a Smart Phone, the chances of you downloading games of some form is quite high.

One might dislike the man, but there is no doubt that he probably knows the industry better than most, just like Sid Meier and other greats.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

I so wanted to go back to Britannia, and I am happy this gives me a chance. Yes, it won't be as in the old days. But it still can be good. The only thing that makes me a bit wonder is... Ipad and PC? Really? How can that both work? Not sure if want.

Anyhow, any halfway decent return to Britannia is most welcome, and may restart the series, eventually. Ultima deserves this and so much more.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• avalon1000avalon1000 Member UncommonPosts: 791

No Android...not interested...

• Vermillion_RaventhalVermillion_Raventhal Member EpicPosts: 4,198

U7 is what lead me to UO lol.  I am in.

• ZigZagsZigZags Member UncommonPosts: 381

Wow....I am finally excited about something!

Dragnon - Guildmaster - Albion Central Bank in Albion Online

www.albioncentralbank.enjin.com