Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Secret World: July State of the Game Published

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The inaugural State of the Game letter for The Secret World has been published on the official forums. The letter reveals that Funcom has plans to release new content for subscribers on a monthly basis beginning July 31st!

Monthly updates might include new missions, new weapons, raids, expanded character customization, new clothing items in the specialty shops, PvP dungeons, a dungeon finder tool (YES!), seasonal activities, new adventure zones (2 already in progress), cabal functionality, pets and/or combat enhancements.

The entire letter can be read on The Secret World forums.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• zbitzbit Member Posts: 36

Great days are coming!

Imagination is more important than knowledge.

• BlackbrrdBlackbrrd Member Posts: 811

I am just glad I got the lifetime subscription. :D

• blackhawkzzblackhawkzz Member Posts: 53

Awesome news!

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591

We shall see how things progress,the proof is in the pudding so to speak.

Sounds like TSW has a very bright future.

I'm very excited

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• manakanamanakana Member Posts: 75

I will be positively surprised if they manage to pump out monthly content updates. It has been promised before and never worked. Great news though and I hope that the game will live long and prosper!

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Pvp dungeon?? Two whole new zones, more investigations

Intrigued
    Originally posted by manakana

I will be positively surprised if they manage to pump out monthly content updates. It has been promised before and never worked. Great news though and I hope that the game will live long and prosper!

Rift has content updates about every second month as I understand it?

I don't play it, but doesn't rift update monthly?
    That said tsw will be harder to update than rift imo, what with the full voice and the complexity / atmosphere of the quests.
  • rznkainrznkain Member Posts: 539
    Originally posted by manakana

Turbine did it with Asherons Call for years and years,.

• MephsterMephster Member Posts: 1,188

Good news. Having a blast so far!

Grim Dawn, the next great action rpg!

http://www.grimdawn.com/

• SchockeySchockey Member UncommonPosts: 58

The almighty Carrot!!

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,049
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    I don't play it, but doesn't rift update monthly?

In the first 6 months or so it was about every 5-6 weeks, then they slowed down, but it seemed like the patches got a bit bigger too.

• CoolitCoolit Member UncommonPosts: 661

I think Funcom are really trying hard here to provide a good first impression (which for an MMO is the most important thing as we all know), if they pull it off it's going to be one hell of a good game to be involved with.

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    Woot!

Joined - July 2004

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

Looking good so far

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • JohnnymmoJohnnymmo Member Posts: 99
    Alright Funcom!!!
    Originally posted by Johnnymmo
    Alright Funcom!!!

Sorry for doubting your optimism in the other thread, Funcom proved me wrong here. They are waaaay more ambitious than I could even think of.

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    I just want them to get the auction house working, but this is most excellent news!

Joined - July 2004

• DakirnDakirn Member UncommonPosts: 372
    Originally posted by remyburke
    I just want them to get the auction house working, but this is most excellent news!

There are a slew of updates/enhancements to the AH on TestLive today with 1.0.2.. I would wager to guess it'll go live with 1.0.2 or in the July 31st patch at the latest.

• nuttobnuttob Member Posts: 291

This is what it is going to take to keep them from becoming FTP.  So far they have been doing everything right!  I am having a blast in this game!

• Xstatic912Xstatic912 Member Posts: 365
    Hmmm, so it seems they have learn.. now awaiting the execution of those plans..

Base on what rift accomplish, it is possible to have monthly content updates, which most new mmo seem to lack.. I think the reason rift has slowed content patches down is because the are prepping for the xpac..

i'm also hoping these patches can bring some different animation too..

• Xstatic912Xstatic912 Member Posts: 365
    This is what mmo dev's need to do more, be vocal with there PAYING CUSTOMERS as to what lies ahead.. A lot of time person race to the end and ask what comes next, is it worth staying?

When your secretive for whatever stupid reason (like the competition, is gonna steal your ideas).. person are more likely to leave..
  • marz.at.playmarz.at.play Member UncommonPosts: 912

Fantastic game and this is GREAT news....now is the lifetime sub still available? Gonna check...

• marz.at.playmarz.at.play Member UncommonPosts: 912
    Originally posted by marz.at.play

Fantastic game and this is GREAT news....now is the lifetime sub still available? Gonna check...

...SWEET yes it is!