Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

F2P Changes UPDATED: Devs listened to player feedback

124»

Comments

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    They shouldn't have even suggested that they were lifting some of the item restrictions.  Half of the crap ass blue items I have are gold membership only. 
  • ozerinxozerinx Member UncommonPosts: 200
    Originally posted by AlBQuirky

Originally posted by Kilsin

Originally posted by Drakaden

Originally posted by brash99
    Apparently it is back to green gear only for f2p. Such a shame.

This reason is exactly why i won't be playing their product anymore.
    You guys can't expect everything for free...seriously.

It's a 5.8 yr old MMO that has always been subscription based, it is now allowing you to play all the way to the level cap of 55 for absolutely free. In 6 races and 6 classes. All others NOT included are level 20 cap. 

Look at DDO, LOTR, AOC. 

Because you can't wear better gear than green, your going to complain? How cheap can you be!? A built-in gameplay disadvantage. Do they want the number of players to increase or not? Remember, most wanting to play for free did NOT pay to play. Why would they now?

I agree with disadvantge but to your rant after your statement. 

SOE does not give a damn. The game was on life-support with 1 developer for 5 years. Yes 1 DEVELOPER. 

Fork over a measly $15 a month and its all unlocked...access 24/7 for a whole month to enjoy a great game without restrictions. Not very "free", is it? Basic gameplay is gimped from the get-go. Charge me for health/mana potions. Charge me for more bag space. Charge me for XP potions. Don't gimp my character, please.  

SOE does not give a damn. The game was on life-support with 1 developer for 5 years. Yes 1 DEVELOPER. 

If you can't afford $15 or a few bucks in a cash shop to unlock gear and items that you like, you really shouldn't be playing games and should maybe find a free hobby or search for a job. In order to be competitive, I must pay. Not very free or inviting. Do they want to draw in new players or not? These new players, remember, did NOT pay the fee beforehand to play. Why would they pay now?

If you are competitive you will be willing to pay. Which competitive gamer has not paid for advantages one way or another. Better Keyboard, mice, gaming rig. You are paying to get better performance in a game. Most new players won't stay wtih the game and back to my point -

This is the mentality that is destroying the gaming industry at the moment and it's disgusting. The players did not cry out for F2P. The company did. The ONLY reason is to breathe life into dieing servers. The major factor here is that these players did NOT pay to play recently. The company is trying to entice them (us) in. Bring their player numbers up. Gimping their characters is NOT the way to do it. There is A LOT of things they could charge extra for. And they do :) But making a player's character "less" than any other is not the way to draw more players into the fold.

Remember, if these F2P players wanted to pay to play, they would already be doing so

My friend from SoE said they have recieved over 500 subscribers for Vanguard since F2P. With half paying the 3 month membership and some the other types. Now for a game that is on life-support I am pretty sure SoE is stoke as hell. 

In terms of profitability to manpower on the game, SoE with this little stunt just made a ton of money. 

The only game that you can play with all those comment you made is probably GW2. Since as of right now they are promising TRUE F2P with no cash shop items. We will see how that goes. 

• DashiDMVDashiDMV Member Posts: 362
    You know I always wondered how long Vanguard was on life support, also how many developers it had. I wish someone on here knew.
  • PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    Originally posted by DashiDMV
    You know I always wondered how long Vanguard was on life support, also how many developers it had. I wish someone on here knew.

1 developer for 5 years. Yes 1 DEVELOPER. 

:-)

• KilsinKilsin Member RarePosts: 515
    Originally posted by ozerinx

Link your source please.