Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: Mixing PvP with the PvE

2»

Comments

• pickleballspickleballs Member UncommonPosts: 35
    Originally posted by QSatu

There were so many people complaining they can't pve without being bothered by this event even though it was only on 1 map so i doubt we will see it very ofthen after launch.

those people can easily travel to other zones of similar lvl without needing to participate if they so choose!

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191

IMO these are the kind of things that separate a good MMO from a great one. These types of events make the world feel more alive and less linear. Even as a much more of a PVE type of player, I want things like this in game. So what if I die? Its a game. The advantages outweigh the disadvantages.

There Is Always Hope!

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748

Not only was it easy to avoid, but if you were infected and decided you didn't like it you could leave the zone/map and be back to normal. So anyone getting caught unaware, which should have been noone since it was advertised well in advance, was always free to level in the many other zones available. It was incredibly well planned to allow people to optionally take part and a lot of fun. Being chased by four branded on my charr mesmer, especially when one of them was my ten year old son... priceless.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• grimm6thgrimm6th Member Posts: 973

I would really like it if, for example, the shatterer gained the ability to corrupt players that die when there are enough people (100+, which is the supposed cap for event scaling), suddenly turning a PvE event into a PvP event.

I used to TL;DR, but then I took a bullet point to the footnote.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593
    Doesnt fit together to attack each 9other randomly? I beg to differ. people are not a homeginous entity. They comprise of individuals and eoindividuals acan attack anyone, even their own race.
  • ThalantyrDSLThalantyrDSL Member UncommonPosts: 35

I didn't participate in the event, or the stress test, but open world PvP that's mixed in with PvE is the best fun. There's nothing like having to be on your toes at all times whilst questing. It stops people from mashing through the game at a hundred miles and hour then complaining about no content and it just generally adds flavour to boring PvE. Vanguard was, and remains my favourite MMO to date because of how it was set up. No instancing, so people would dungeon crash other parties over and over again. It made PvE and dungeon running so much fun, whether you were the group killing or being killed. I think the GW2 world and system where your level scales based on the area would make for some insanely good world PvP. Hopefully this event shows them how much fun things like this can be and they roll with it some more.

• AqueAque Member Posts: 118
    Originally posted by BadSpock

Gah I still haven't had a chance to participate in one of these events.

Hopefully BWE3.

I do like the idea of structured, objective driven PvP in the PvE world when tied to a big event like this. I hope these kinds of events are semi-regular once the game goes live.

Was always one of my favorite times to be playing WoW was during the pre-expansion world events or pre-major patch events.

Sadly, very under utilized by Blizzard - hopefully not the case with Arena net.

Said for me, I agree.

• austriacusaustriacus Member UncommonPosts: 618
    Originally posted by Thallantyr

I didn't participate in the event, or the stress test, but open world PvP that's mixed in with PvE is the best fun. There's nothing like having to be on your toes at all times whilst questing. It stops people from mashing through the game at a hundred miles and hour then complaining about no content and it just generally adds flavour to boring PvE. Vanguard was, and remains my favourite MMO to date because of how it was set up. No instancing, so people would dungeon crash other parties over and over again. It made PvE and dungeon running so much fun, whether you were the group killing or being killed. I think the GW2 world and system where your level scales based on the area would make for some insanely good world PvP. Hopefully this event shows them how much fun things like this can be and they roll with it some more.

This is not open world Pvp and no one was on their toes while questing, no one was doing anything else but fighting these people.

They are not going to do what you are asking to because they already have a plan in how they deal with pvp.

Open world pvp is not fun for the majority of people, thats why pvp servers die so fast, get it through your head you people.

The event was fun BECAUSE it wasnt open world pvp and because its something that if it continues to happen will be very rare.

• lotapartylotaparty Member Posts: 514

i will make up my mind  of buying the game after it is in launch mode and 6 months have passed . till than i will stick with wow and see how mist of panderia goes .having blast time in its beta :)

• lotapartylotaparty Member Posts: 514

2 or 3 days stress test is very little to make up your mind to buy the game or not

• znaiikaznaiika Member Posts: 203

If I wanted to PVP I would of joined a PVP server in the first place, there is a good reason why I don't like such events.

If GW2 are going to do these events I am going to ask for my money back.

• RinkieRinkie Member Posts: 19
    Originally posted by lotaparty

2 or 3 days stress test is very little to make up your mind to buy the game or not

There were other 3 day event days before the 1 day stress test. We also had PVP as well as PVE.  I for one had a blast and met wonderful players and had the best sense of humor!  It 's a game for Morpheous sakes! Stay! Stop your whining and stay in WoW, your the exact type of person I am attempting to stay away from! 9x out 10, you're the type of person that has to cheat to get a head too!

Originally posted by Kokitch
    Originally posted by lotaparty

""There were other 3 day event days before the 1 day stress test. We also had PVP as well as PVE.  I for one had a blast and met wonderful players and had the best sense of humor!  It 's a game for Morpheous sakes! Stay! Stop your whining and stay in WoW, your the exact type of person I am attempting to stay away from! 9x out 10, you're the type of person that has to cheat to get a head too!""

There is PVP server and PVE server stay on PVP server if you want to PVP so much no one is stoping you, and let PVE players enjoy PVE without ineruption. 

Originally posted by Kokitch
    Glitch::: PVP events should be on PVP servers not on PVE servers.
    PVP events should be on PVP servers not PVE servers.

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Isnt Guildwars <---- Guild WARS <------ a pvp tittle ? where pve comes second under PvP ?

We have WoW heroic modes for them dragon slayers and we have Guildwars for the pvp fanatics.

Pfew soon they will be asking for 40 men raids with heroic modes :P

• BigCountryBigCountry Member Posts: 478

The PvE is this game is pretty mind numbing. I think they spent all of 5 minutes on writing the quests...lol

The PvP is where this game is at. There is no mix..lol

BigCountry | Head Hunters | www.wefarmpeople.com