It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
I'm not a marketer, however I should be because I and many of you could do a better job than SOE.
Decisions are by far not making any sense for both players and SOE to make a profit :
1) The Secret World was just released......GuildWars 2 releasing in August.....World of Warcraft's Panda thing is soon. Now is not a good time for Vanguard F2P. Like it or not Guild Wars 2 is gaining speed fast and will be a hit, if for any reason at all it's Buy-To-Play..........NOW IS THE WORST TIME IN HISTORY for any bold move by SOE to release Vanguard F2P.
2) The Vanguard F2P matrix is extremely harsh.
3) People complaining about the F2P restrictions obviously were planning on playing Vanguard ONLY for free. Now come on what kind of mmo would Vanguard be if everyone were not purchasing any thing from the cash shop. How do you expect to run dungeons. Dungeons are the hart and sole of the game. Without them Vanguard is just another " kill five rats and bring the tails back to me " mmo.
4) I can surly say that 70% here waiting for F2P are pure F2P band wagon jumpers, with no intentions of paying a dime. Come on, you know it's true. You see them all the time is general discussion asking for the best F2P mmo, even SWTOR gets it's share of spam every few days " when is this game going f2P ". That's just down right obnoxious thinking SWTOR will go F2P anytime soon.....Just more prof that most don't plan of paying a dime. Again what kind of world would Vanguard be with all the F2P gimped players around you !
5) SOE is still not advertising it's new version of Vanguard. It's still word-of-mouth. Sure we know, we are here on mmorpg.com to search out alternatives. Were the hard core mmo players. As robust as this site is we are the minority.
THINK ABOUT THIS, AND TRY AND PROVE ME WRONG..........Ask anyone in your real life if they know what Vanguard is. Their answer would be " what ? "..........Yet most everyone knows about World of Warcraft even if they don't play, or even care about video games. " Oh ya, my son plays that silly game ". Soon the word on the street will be Guild Wars 2 like it or not.
SOE never advertises never did. But their head's are so big, it can't fit through the door !
Maybe SOE turned some kind of profit with all other F2P mmo's, if not Vanguard would not be worth the time, money or effort...........But now is not the time. Bad timing, just bad.