Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Two keys? Screwed up by Funcom... or my retalier... or both?

Comments

• rznkainrznkain Member Posts: 539
    Originally posted by simmihi
    Originally posted by Mithrandolir

btw, once I entered my preorder key and it updated, I set up a subscription and my account reflected that with this info.

Did you guys set up your monthly sub info yet? Maybe that's why this is happening. Dont know.

2012-08-03 04:51:11

Well i cannot do that. I cannot pay the subscription. They do not accept my CC and they reject my PayPal. My plan was to play for the free month then see, maybe they'll sell game time on Origin or they'll add support for my CC or if nothing works to ask a foreign friend to sub for me, and to pay him back when we meet, or online pay something with the same value for him. I'm on holidays anyway and i've got a full month to enjoy as much of it as possible (my character is in the 7th zone now).

Was ready to go through all that trouble only because i LOVE the game. But i don't feel like i want to go through complicated payment shiz again, and i'm not in the mood of paying them one more cent at this moment.

Just a thought  here..But you mention you do not have payment set up on your account most games want cc info on file even durin the free 30 days.Try to put your cc info onto your account ( I know you said it dont work) but funcom probly wont even try to bill it even for 1.00

• simmihisimmihi Member UncommonPosts: 709
    Originally posted by Mithrandolir

the online retailer I bought from specifically advertised that the preorder key would convert automatically to a full retail key, which it did.

But I definitely had to set up my sub (it doesn't charge you yet, just sets it up for charging 30 days from now) in order to carry on post launch.

Well i have no guarantee that my preorder key will convert to a full retail key when setting a subscription so i'm not planning to put more money into it. It's like someone comes and - looks like - he steals 50 bucks from me, and then he says "hey dude, give me another 15 bucks and you'll have your 50 back".... i'm not falling for that. Even that it looks like i CAN actually set up a subscription to a game that they say i do not own, which is well... incredibly cool and professional. But thanks for the input :)

L.E. Thanks for the idea rznkain. I'll try setting up the non-working sub, just to see if it changes things. Who knows, maybe it'll work and they'll even charge me, even without a retail key.

• DakirnDakirn Member UncommonPosts: 372

There are a couple issues if you look at the main forums.

1. Some people did get scammed and got a pre-order key.  Pre-order boxes were probably sitting in a retail store and someone purchased a bunch and re-sold them on the web for the full price to unsuspecting people.

2. Some retailers didn't get their keys in time. Because of this, Funcom has extended the grace period (which was today) another 24 hours to give people more time to get those keys from their retailers.

3. This is the most common.. people haven't setup their subscription or account details.  Even if you've applied a retail key you NEED to setup your subscription in your account along with your account details.  This is required.  You won't be charged (since you have a free 30 days) but your account isn't "active" until you save that information in your account.

Make sure you have all of that information setup and see if you're still having problems.

• coldcut333coldcut333 Member Posts: 86

I got this email today "

Dear Customer,

We need to inform you that your pre-order account  is no longer accessible for play!

To continue playing please update your account with a digital or retail product key. Please visit your account page by clicking here, to enter or purchase a product key."

But even so I can still play.

Originally posted by coldcut333

Yea you can because they've extended the grace period for 24 hours. I can play it now also.

The problem still stands, a few of us have been conned because we thought well a key is a key, you need a key to play the game, did not know about the pre-order key and the product key and shiz like that. Yea it's probably our fault, i was told on some other boards that if i would have pre-ordered SWTOR i would have known. I'm sorry I did not.

Yes it is my fault because i did not guess the need for a 2nd key, because i've always bought things from the official page and never ever had any pre order or normal order problems and every game came with 1 key only. Yea i've chosen a dodgy retailer because Funcom does not accept my payments even if every other MMO company out there has no problems with it.

Yes it's my fault because the account page says "account type : normal" without saying one bit about having to upgrade it on the 5th of the month with some retail key i was not announced about. Maybe "normal" means not playable, and there's another denomination for a playable account.

Long story short, yea probably it's our fault because we did not know what the "common practice" when ordering from a 3rd party is. But for sure Funcom did NOTHING to help us with that. Yes they are responsable because It's their game. Some people do not pre-order every MMO out-there from a 3rd party, to "know" to ask for 2 keys.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

@OP

you keep saying that you got a game from your retailer, and your retailer this and that..... Can you tell us what retailer is that?

Im sure is not FunComs entirely fault since you didint buy from them, the retailer is responsible for selling you everything the game needs in order to run properly. If you dont even mention who is your retailer then most likely is not a trusty store and they got your moneys.

Sorry about that

Originally posted by rojo6934

@OP

you keep saying that you got a game from your retailer, and your retailer this and that..... Can you tell us what retailer is that?

Im sure is not FunComs entirely fault since you didint buy from them, the retailer is responsible for selling you everything the game needs in order to run properly. If you dont even mention who is your retailer then most likely is not a trusty store and they got your moneys.

Sorry about that

I am sure that the name of some retailer from an eastern european country would not help much. There are only two official retailers from what i know, but neither Funcom or Origin has any official presence in my country. 

It is not Funcom's entirely fault. Never said it was. It's my fault also because i did not know "how things work". But Funcom did not help me in any way, did not protect me in any way from being conned. Account type - normal after i've put on my pre-order key? Account type - normal even a few hours ago, when the game was not playable.

There are people which could pay a lifetime sub and cannot play the game for god's sake (well they can for 24 more hours), Hell, even i can buy packages or sub or what else, without owning the game. How is that for retarded?

How about if after i've entered my pre-order key i'd get this:

Account type - Pre Order

You have entered your pre-order key. Please note that this will allow you to play until 03.06.2012

To continue playing after that date, please register the product key and upgrade your account

You can find the product key on the label of your DVD

That would have been clear. My account still says "normal". Is "normal" a good denomination for a non-playable account? I have a "normal" account and i do not own the game? How could i have guessed that? If i knew i'd need a 2nd key, i would have contacted the darn retailer instantly. If there was no answer in 2-3 days, i could have charged back then. Now my bank says it's too late for that.

Originally posted by rojo6934

@OP

Sorry about that

I am sure that the name of some retailer from an eastern european country would not help much. There are only two official retailers from what i know, but neither Funcom or Origin has any official presence in my country. 

It would help in alot of ways 1.people could check it out and say if they have had dealings with them and 2. You might be able to prevent someone else from getting scammed by the same people who scammed you.

• SeariasSearias Member UncommonPosts: 743
    Originally posted by coldcut333

Yea you can because they've extended the grace period for 24 hours. I can play it now also.

The problem still stands, a few of us have been conned because we thought well a key is a key, you need a key to play the game, did not know about the pre-order key and the product key and shiz like that. Yea it's probably our fault, i was told on some other boards that if i would have pre-ordered SWTOR i would have known. I'm sorry I did not.

Yes it is my fault because i did not guess the need for a 2nd key, because i've always bought things from the official page and never ever had any pre order or normal order problems and every game came with 1 key only. Yea i've chosen a dodgy retailer because Funcom does not accept my payments even if every other MMO company out there has no problems with it.

Yes it's my fault because the account page says "account type : normal" without saying one bit about having to upgrade it on the 5th of the month with some retail key i was not announced about. Maybe "normal" means not playable, and there's another denomination for a playable account.

Long story short, yea probably it's our fault because we did not know what the "common practice" when ordering from a 3rd party is. But for sure Funcom did NOTHING to help us with that. Yes they are responsable because It's their game. Some people do not pre-order every MMO out-there from a 3rd party, to "know" to ask for 2 keys.

It is not Funcom's resposibility, since the 3rd party you ordered from isn't a certified 3rd party reseller.

<InvalidTag type="text/javascript" src="http://www.gamebreaker.tv/cce/e.js"></script><div class="cce_pane" content-slug="which-world-of-warcraft-villain-are-you" ctype="quiz" d="http://www.gamebreaker.tv"></div>;

• RedMachine72RedMachine72 Member UncommonPosts: 154

Did you even try to set up a sub? If not the code will stop working, that's begining to be standard procedure with MMO's nowadays. Pre-ordered mine and converted to full sub no problem. But I did set it up though. You said they don't accept your cc for the purchase, did you try it for a sub?

They had a lot of bitchin going on with SWToR cause they required a sub be set up for even early access. Those that liked it kept playing and those that did'nt canceled before 30 days. Lots of people just set it up then canceled the day after just to make sure if they liked it or not first.

I also pre-ordered SWToR and recieved a Beta code and it was stated as such. Played in early access from day one. When I recieved my retail box then I input it as my retail code. That was all i got, as the codes were attached to my account. Some people did complain about not getting their retail codes on time as well though that went digital instead of box.

• PanthienPanthien Member UncommonPosts: 559

I am a big fan of the game. I've pre-ordered from an on-line retailer (it was cheaper, i was not able to buy directly from Funcom anyways because they did not accept the kind of credit card i own - which works in any other games)

Now they send me an e-mail to enter the product key and that the key i've received was a pre-order key and it's not good anymore.

What the heck is that? Two keys? How could i knew? I've tried to contact my retailer, they did not answer to e-mail, phone or any other form of contact i've tried. Funcom says to take it out with them. Probably i've been screwed up by those but now it's too late, i called my bank and i cannot cancel that payment to them anymore.

DEAR FUNCOM, I KNOW YOU ARE READING THESE BOARDS

This is the most idiotic thing you could have done. How could anyone know that there are TWO!!!! keys, one pre-order, one retail? Why did you not announce in CAPS on your pre-order page that if someone preorders from an online retalier (which sends the key through e-mail) to be sure to ask for TWO keys???

Was the game doing "THAT" good so you needed to lose a few players? No, i will NOT buy your game again, i will not buy ANY other Funcom game and i will go with this story in press and wherever i have the possibility to spread it. In my 10 years of successful online gaming i have never encountered a problem like this, EVER.

Sorry for the rage.

Most games Ive encounteded have a seperate beta key and retail key. I sympathize  with your situations however..

It wasnt FC scamming you, it was the retailer. Its down right unfortunate but they are not responsible. There is a good reason why I only deal/order from renowned companies, because Im aware there are alot of scammers out there.

Im awfully sorry. but FC is not in fault here.

• reb007reb007 Member UncommonPosts: 613
    Originally posted by Doomedfox

You order from an online store which saved you money got the wrong key from them and its Funcoms fault??

How?

I do understand your anger but seriously how is it Funcoms fault?

It was a GOOD key. I WAS able to play until now.

Funcom says now that it was a pre-order key and that i need a retail key.

I CANNOT get a retail key, my retailer does not answer (prolly threw away the box if there ever was one, no idea how it works, they have thousands of orders daily)

How could i know that there were 2 keys? Why was I not announced in ANY WAY that i'll need to activate a 2nd key after some grace period? I might have asked my retailer for 2 keys when i placed my order... i might have been able to cancel the payment in time... now it's too late, i loved the game, i've pre-ordered a long time ago...

I don't want to hunt my retailer, i don't want to go to court, i don't want any of that shiz. I just want to play. I've paid, i've received a key, there never was anything saying i'll need a 2nd key.

Who was the retailer?  They should have provided you with a retail key.  If the retailer did not give you a retail key, it either means you cancelled your pre-order, or the retailer screwed up (or maybe you accidentally deleted the email containing the retail key).  Contact the retailer immediately, show them proof of your purchase, and get your retail key.

All Funcom knows is that you do not have a retail key, only a beta key, so you cannot play.  It's not because Funcom is evil or a bad company, it's because they require a retail key in order to verify that you actually paid the full price for the game.  A beta key only verifies that you spent a variable amount of money (usually a minimum 5 dollar pre-order fee) on the pre-order.  If the retailer truly charged you the full price of the game and did not give you a retail key, then they are to blame, not Funcom.

This is a very standard procedure in SaaS, especially online gaming.

• jocieBjocieB Member Posts: 72
    Originally posted by DaezAster

I woke up today went to login and get denied. NOT COOL!!!!

No warning of this and only an email to buy the game I already bought which scared me, thinking I might have gotten screwed. Now I find out I have to jump through a whole bunch of hoops or wait till my box comes. Luckily I am going away for the weekend but I did want to play a bit today. If I was planning on gaming the weekend away I'd be really tight about this though...

Same here - I was fortunate enough to have ordered the box though so my retail key worked - but HERE'S THE THING... ONLY after clicking the "upgrade account" option that entering my retail key gave me and THEN entering my debit card details.

Without payment details you can't click "confirm" on account page - EVEN if you have the 30-day-sub included.

Yep, it sucks - but you can cancel up to and including the day before your 30 days runs out.

FC's live chat confirmed that.

(i did get both the early access rewards though... pre-order retail/box and download)

Again, for the people who did not read all written:

Thanks for your tries to help me. I'll summarize what i've posted, as obviously many of you did not read it all (understandable, it hit 6 pages, did not expect or want that to happen):

- I did not get a retail key. I did not know that i need a retail key. I've got a key, like for every other game that i buy online. I pay, i get one key (ONE!), i enter it and i'm playing. I thought that key is the game key, the only key. The fact that "it's standard procedure to have 2 keys because SWTOR did it" is not a good enough excuse. Funcom did not announce me in any way that i'll need 2 keys if i preorder from a 3rd party. This thing should be written loud and clear on the pre-order page. After registering my pre-order key, the Account page should say loud and clear that i'm playing a pre-order version, and in order to play the full version i have to register the retail key. I have never ever pre-ordered from a 3rd party source especially to avoid this crap. The reason i HAD TO pre-order from another source is below:

- I have not bought the product from the "trusted" official source because i could not. Funcom does not accept my payment information, even if any other gaming company (Blizzard, NCSOFT, SoE, Trion) does. I've even contacted them on live chat about how is this possible and how's my money good for any other company but not them, they've replied nicely but with something which translates "screw you"

- Many people in my country use non-official retailers, because gaming companies treat us as second grade people. When SWTOR launched, it was available in my country from "official sources" 3 months!! after the official launch. I did not want that game anyway, and the 3 months delay was an absolute turn-off. We're humans too, it's discrimination. I happen to know many others tho which were not hurt in their principles and bought the game from local retailers re-selling from Amazon US.

- I have tried to contact my retailer through e-mail, telephone and even fax, i had no answer for one day. I think i know what's going on here

- I have contacted my bank to try a charge back, they've said it was too late

- Again, if on my account page it would say something else BUT "Account Type - Normal" after i've entered my pre-order key, i might have had a clue that something is fishy. It even says "Account Type - Normal" now, even if the game is not playable (well actually it is, they've extended the grace period but that does me no good)

Anyway, i'm gonna let it go. The late replies just re-state what others have said, don't even touch the problems with account management which i present and which lead me into thinking that my account is good to play (you can buy packs for a game you don't own, your account is not playable but it says "normal", you can sub for a game you don't own). Thanks for all the replies, i know many of you are trying to help or just defend Funcom, it was my favourite gaming company and in fact it still is, considering purely the games not their support. Bought kinda all their titles, it's sad that they did not try one bit to protect me. I had a 5 year Anarchy Online account and a 3-year Age of Conan account, and now i'm trying to screw them over they say. In my line of business, if someone buys my products for a few years, i treat them like valuable customers and at least try to look into things. And yes i think it is their responsibility to ensure everything goes smooth for players, because it is their game.

The last bit of fractured logic:

So, i need two keys because i can pre-order, play the pre-order time, then charge back? If i charge back, then my retailer should contact Funcom, show them the evidence of payment being charged back to the owner and ask them to ban me. Why should it be on my shoulders?

So no, if i need 2 keys it's not because of that. It's also because the retailer might sell the pre-order to some guy for full price, and the retail to some other guy for full price. If that's the case (which might be here), who's gonna protect me? It's not gonna be that retailer. Who should protect me if not the company? Again, i did not know it was "common practice", it's a first time for everything in life, it was my first time of buying a game from a 3rd party website. Is the company not even somehow responsible to educate me a little bit, or just to have a clear account management page to clearly show the status of my account, if it's playable, what version it is (pre-order, retail etc.)

Thanks again for the replies, i'm out.

I still do not get why you continue to avoid  giving the name of the retailer and there website.Has been atleast a dozen times people have asked you and you have skirted around the issue each and every time.

Again, for the people who did not read all written:

Thanks for your tries to help me. I'll summarize what i've posted, as obviously many of you did not read it all (understandable, it hit 6 pages, did not expect or want that to happen):

- I did not get a retail key. I did not know that i need a retail key. I've got a key, like for every other game that i buy online. I pay, i get one key (ONE!), i enter it and i'm playing. I thought that key is the game key, the only key. The fact that "it's standard procedure to have 2 keys because SWTOR did it" is not a good enough excuse. Funcom did not announce me in any way that i'll need 2 keys if i preorder from a 3rd party. This thing should be written loud and clear on the pre-order page. After registering my pre-order key, the Account page should say loud and clear that i'm playing a pre-order version, and in order to play the full version i have to register the retail key. I have never ever pre-ordered from a 3rd party source especially to avoid this crap. The reason i HAD TO pre-order from another source is below:

- I have not bought the product from the "trusted" official source because i could not. Funcom does not accept my payment information, even if any other gaming company (Blizzard, NCSOFT, SoE, Trion) does. I've even contacted them on live chat about how is this possible and how's my money good for any other company but not them, they've replied nicely but with something which translates "screw you"

- Many people in my country use non-official retailers, because gaming companies treat us as second grade people. When SWTOR launched, it was available in my country from "official sources" 3 months!! after the official launch. I did not want that game anyway, and the 3 months delay was an absolute turn-off. We're humans too, it's discrimination. I happen to know many others tho which were not hurt in their principles and bought the game from local retailers re-selling from Amazon US.

- I have tried to contact my retailer through e-mail, telephone and even fax, i had no answer for one day. I think i know what's going on here

- I have contacted my bank to try a charge back, they've said it was too late

- Again, if on my account page it would say something else BUT "Account Type - Normal" after i've entered my pre-order key, i might have had a clue that something is fishy. It even says "Account Type - Normal" now, even if the game is not playable (well actually it is, they've extended the grace period but that does me no good)

Anyway, i'm gonna let it go. The late replies just re-state what others have said, don't even touch the problems with account management which i present and which lead me into thinking that my account is good to play (you can buy packs for a game you don't own, your account is not playable but it says "normal", you can sub for a game you don't own). Thanks for all the replies, i know many of you are trying to help or just defend Funcom, it was my favourite gaming company and in fact it still is, considering purely the games not their support. Bought kinda all their titles, it's sad that they did not try one bit to protect me. I had a 5 year Anarchy Online account and a 3-year Age of Conan account, and now i'm trying to screw them over they say. In my line of business, if someone buys my products for a few years, i treat them like valuable customers and at least try to look into things. And yes i think it is their responsibility to ensure everything goes smooth for players, because it is their game.

The last bit of fractured logic:

So, i need two keys because i can pre-order, play the pre-order time, then charge back? If i charge back, then my retailer should contact Funcom, show them the evidence of payment being charged back to the owner and ask them to ban me. Why should it be on my shoulders?

So no, if i need 2 keys it's not because of that. It's also because the retailer might sell the pre-order to some guy for full price, and the retail to some other guy for full price. If that's the case (which might be here), who's gonna protect me? It's not gonna be that retailer. Who should protect me if not the company? Again, i did not know it was "common practice", it's a first time for everything in life, it was my first time of buying a game from a 3rd party website. Is the company not even somehow responsible to educate me a little bit, or just to have a clear account management page to clearly show the status of my account, if it's playable, what version it is (pre-order, retail etc.)

Thanks again for the replies, i'm out.

Its a shame what happened to you no arguement there but people are NOT defending Funcom because they like the game, they are simply saying you got scammed by your retailer which you are, why would it be upto them to try to find the thief who stole your money? Its not.

2 keys isnt considered because "swtor"did it, its normal because most companies have done it, simply for practical reasons.

Not entirely sure why your CC wasnt accepted, they accept pretty much every major CC other mmo's use and just like every other mmo, if its not one of the supported cards OR they cant verity your card they dont accept it. You picked a retailer yourself, there are plenty of renowned and certified retailers who offered and still offer TSW. It wasnt a screw you, it was a sorry but we cant help.

You need 2 keys, a common reason is so they can distribute  keys without marking them seperately for early access. And yes, its on your shoulders to get YOUR RETAILER give the key you payed for, for starters.. because Funcom is not an authority in your country, your retailer took your money, the fact they wont even talk to you anymore says it all. if your retailer didnt pay funcom.. If I can proof I gave a random stranger in the street 100usd to buy TSW for me, but that person just took the money and took off, you really feel Funcom is responsible?

Im sorry you got scammed, but you could have protected yourself by buying from renowned and certified retailers.

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,875

If you buy from Funcom are you safe then ? I got this strange email from them. I bought the game on the 5th of July from Funcom then they sent me a letter saying thanks for preorder and when the beta weekends are and the head start but all that is over when I bought the game from them.  So will they suddenly ask me to put another key in when I bought it from them after all the preorder things. Also they should update their emails real sloppy of them.

Originally posted by kitarad

If you buy from Funcom are you safe then ? I got this strange email from them. I bought the game on the 5th of July from Funcom then they sent me a letter saying thanks for preorder and when the beta weekends are and the head start but all that is over when I bought the game from them.  So will they suddenly ask me to put another key in when I bought it from them after all the preorder things. Also they should update their emails real sloppy of them.

Funcom adds the key's and upgrade automaticly to your acount, when you buy directly from them, if something goes wrong, contact their support and yes it will be fixed. Personally I think you got the email reminder to add a subscription plan in order to continue playing.

From their preorder FAQ:

Link :http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=26097 

Registration Key:

You will only get a registration key from other retailers than buying direct from Funcom. Buying from Funcom automatically applies the purchase and perks to your account you purchased with. 
    Originally posted by Panthien

Its a shame what happened to you no arguement there but people are NOT defending Funcom because they like the game, they are simply saying you got scammed by your retailer which you are, why would it be upto them to try to find the thief who stole your money? Its not.

2 keys isnt considered because "swtor"did it, its normal because most companies have done it, simply for practical reasons.

Not entirely sure why your CC wasnt accepted, they accept pretty much every major CC other mmo's use and just like every other mmo, if its not one of the supported cards OR they cant verity your card they dont accept it. You picked a retailer yourself, there are plenty of renowned and certified retailers who offered and still offer TSW. It wasnt a screw you, it was a sorry but we cant help.

You need 2 keys, a common reason is so they can distribute  keys without marking them seperately for early access. And yes, its on your shoulders to get YOUR RETAILER give the key you payed for, for starters.. because Funcom is not an authority in your country, your retailer took your money, the fact they wont even talk to you anymore says it all. if your retailer didnt pay funcom.. If I can proof I gave a random stranger in the street 100usd to buy TSW for me, but that person just took the money and took off, you really feel Funcom is responsible?

Im sorry you got scammed, but you could have protected yourself by buying from renowned and certified retailers.

Thanks for hitting me in the head, really nice post, exactly what i've needed. I hope now that you feel good. How about commenting on my points, about the account saying "normal" when it should say "pre-order, upgrade to retail", about not having any official line saying it needs 2 keys, just you have to be aware to the "common practice", about being able to buy upgrades and sub to a game i do not own, how about those? There were NO OFFICIAL STATEMENTS AND NO CLUES that you need 2 keys, a pre-order and a retail key. Any of those and i would have been able to cancel my payment, even if those guys tried to rob me. That's what you Funcom employees do not understand. You do not live in my country and do not know how things work and how we have access to games so you are in no position to comment on that.

My CC is accepted by many major MMO producers, but not Funcom. That's what started everyting. Don't tell me it's my fault because everyone else but Funcom can set up the channels and relationships so my CC (very popular in my country and all over the world) can be accepted too. Yes i will continue to create bad publicity for your game because of this incident, no matter if you Funcom employees like it or not. You can bribe the staff here to lock or delete the topic, and from the way you sound, you probably will.

To quote you:

Registration Key:

You will only get a registration key from other retailers than buying direct from Funcom. Buying from Funcom automatically applies the purchase and perks to your account you purchased with.
    ONE registration key, does not say ANYTHING about needing TWO if you pre-order. Give me your company's official link saying that i need to apply 2 keys if i preorder.
  • lotapartylotaparty Member Posts: 514
    Originally posted by Searias

Simmihi don't buy game off untrusted e-tailers. You should have just bought the game off amazon or origins. It's not Funcom's fault that you bought a game off some online retailer that cheated you, it was easy to get beta codes, I assume this site got a beta code for the closed beta and sold it to you as the retail game. There was no way they would have been able to give you an actual retail key before the game came out, unless you ordered it from origins. Who is this online retailer anyways? 

yup yup .that was the thing that was coming in my mind

• azmundaiazmundai Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

Both Keys?? At the Same Time????!?!?

LFD tools are great for cramming people into content, but quality > quantity.
    I am, usually on the sandbox .. more "hardcore" side of things, but I also do just want to have fun. So lighten up already :)

Look, i wrote my points. No one was able to actually comment on them, everyone was just able to state the obvious, i was screwed by the retailer. If you guys think that Funcom had nothing to do with it and it's nothing that they could have done to inform me, to make the process smoother and help me to prevent this, there is no point in further debating this. Gonna leave the thread forever, before more idiots like the poster above show up, and gonna ask a mod to close/delete it.

Originally posted by Panthien

Thanks for hitting me in the head, really nice post, exactly what i've needed. I hope now that you feel good. How about commenting on my points, about the account saying "normal" when it should say "pre-order, upgrade to retail", about not having any official line saying it needs 2 keys, just you have to be aware to the "common practice", about being able to buy upgrades and sub to a game i do not own, how about those? There were NO OFFICIAL STATEMENTS AND NO CLUES that you need 2 keys, a pre-order and a retail key. Any of those and i would have been able to cancel my payment, even if those guys tried to rob me. That's what you Funcom employees do not understand. You do not live in my country and do not know how things work and how we have access to games so you are in no position to comment on that.

My CC is accepted by many major MMO producers, but not Funcom. That's what started everyting. Don't tell me it's my fault because everyone else but Funcom can set up the channels and relationships so my CC (very popular in my country and all over the world) can be accepted too. Yes i will continue to create bad publicity for your game because of this incident, no matter if you Funcom employees like it or not. You can bribe the staff here to lock or delete the topic, and from the way you sound, you probably will.

To quote you:

Registration Key:

ONE registration key, does not say ANYTHING about needing TWO if you pre-order. Give me your company's official link saying that i need to apply 2 keys if i preorder.

It would help if you would actually read, when you added your CC they probebly couldnt varify, try again later OR contact your bank. You could have contacted Funcom's live support to ask if there are any known issues getting your CC validated. If they cant validate it wont be acepted, EVERY company in the world works like that.

Again, maybe this time you do read it, I sympathize you got scammed by YOUR RETAILER. But blaming FC because YOU chose to goto a non cerified retaker is flat out wrong, that is NOT their fault.

In the email from your retailer, either both keys or an explination should have been provided, since they obviously scammed you, sadly, it makes sense YOUR RETAILER didnt provide that information. Mind you there was a warning on the official forums warning about scams, unfortunately the beta forums have been purged so I can no longer provide a link.

No matter how you swing it, its a shame it happened but you getting scammed by your retailer is NOT Funcom's fault. I understand, you want people to sympathize with you and probebly want people to tell you how evil FC is, sorry, I rather stick with the truth. And again its a shame it happend but take the leason from youw mistake and next time only deal with renowned and certified dealers in the future.

Look, i wrote my points. No one was able to actually comment on them, everyone was just able to state the obvious, i was screwed by the retailer. If you guys think that Funcom had nothing to do with it and it's nothing that they could have done to inform me, to make the process smoother and help me to prevent this, there is no point in further debating this. Gonna leave the thread forever, before more idiots like the poster above show up, and gonna ask a mod to close/delete it.

You arent informing people, Funcom has nothing to do with this. They DID inform you to prevent you from being scammed, they have a list of certified retailers, YOU desided to go elsewhere yourself.