Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Customer Service...NOT!

13»

Comments

• MimzelMimzel Member UncommonPosts: 375

In regards to CS, I had the exact same experience as the OP. Something Wicked was bugged for me as well. Petitioned after getting no response from the community, and logged off. No reponse the day after. Reptitioned, and still no response after 3 hours playtime. Logged off. Two days later, still no reponse.

If they delete the petitions if you log off then that is terrible service. They do not state that they will be deleted, and why would I be forced to wait ingame for an answer? It hasnt been necessairy in other games.

Many great things in TSW, but customer service has not been one of them so far.

• SkullyWoodsSkullyWoods Member Posts: 183
    Originally posted by Hatefull
    Originally posted by Terronte
    Originally posted by Boldyn

I have been told the world is flat. Turns it that's wrong, just like what you heard. Got several answers after loging out.

I've been told by a little birdy they had a bug in their system that did delete petitions..Just saying. Might be fixed now.

Yeah I heard that as well.  I expected most of the responses, not the mature ones honestly.  

Anyway, I do appreciate your trying to help Terronte, like I said in my original post, I am playing just fine, no worries.  She has already deleted the game and moved on to other things.  No big deal.

To the trollkids and fanbois, please continue.

So she has one bad experience and deletes the game? I take it patience is not your wife's strong suit. 

#TeamVainlash
    Why did Marceline's dad eat her fries? I mean...cause she bought them and they were hers...

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    Originally posted by SkullyWoods
    Originally posted by Terronte
    Originally posted by Boldyn

I have been told the world is flat. Turns it that's wrong, just like what you heard. Got several answers after loging out.

I've been told by a little birdy they had a bug in their system that did delete petitions..Just saying. Might be fixed now.

Yeah I heard that as well.  I expected most of the responses, not the mature ones honestly.  

Anyway, I do appreciate your trying to help Terronte, like I said in my original post, I am playing just fine, no worries.  She has already deleted the game and moved on to other things.  No big deal.

To the trollkids and fanbois, please continue.

So she has one bad experience and deletes the game? I take it patience is not your wife's strong suit. 

Or it's a complete and utter lie. I wouldn't be surprised if the entire story was completely fabricated.

• WranthisWranthis Member Posts: 4

Ever thought that people that *aren't* having any issues aren't posting as often as people that do?

Call me a "fanboi" if you really want to, but I'll just say facts:

1. Since I started playing the release game on early access, I have had two lockups, one was due to me changing my primary display and resolution with the game running.

2. I had an issue with two quests not spawning something correctly.  Both were fixed by joining someone on another dimension, that took about 5 minutes total.  Also, ALL of these are getting fixed in the next patch.

3. I have not had to contact CS for any reason.  I bought from the website, got my key within minutes, added it to my account and was in the game.  I didn't use some crazy 3rd party reseller so I could save $5, just right off the funcom website.

Also, regarding the "bugs".  Name me a single piece of software that has been released in the last ten years that hasn't had any bugs.  I won't even limit you to games, just give me a single example of a single product that was bug-free.  That said, having bugs in complicated quests only makes it more frustrating when it doesn't work (..."I swear I have the right order for the ravens...."), but honestly.  What, *maybe* a total of 6 quests have the potential for issues?  In how many total available quests, many of which are just as complicated as the "bugged" ones.  Honestly, most of them aren't directly bugs, but other players messing up your sequence.  That's human error, while they should account for that, do you blame McDonalds because the car ahead of you is playing loud music?

• SkullyWoodsSkullyWoods Member Posts: 183

Wish I had that kind of money to waste. We should all be fortunate enough to pay for games and throw them out at the first few hiccups.

#TeamVainlash
    Why did Marceline's dad eat her fries? I mean...cause she bought them and they were hers...

• RoyalPhunkRoyalPhunk Member UncommonPosts: 174

haters vs fanbois round 2948523 aaaaaaand FIGHT!

• PanthienPanthien Member UncommonPosts: 559
    Originally posted by Mimzel

In regards to CS, I had the exact same experience as the OP. Something Wicked was bugged for me as well. Petitioned after getting no response from the community, and logged off. No reponse the day after. Reptitioned, and still no response after 3 hours playtime. Logged off. Two days later, still no reponse.

If they delete the petitions if you log off then that is terrible service. They do not state that they will be deleted, and why would I be forced to wait ingame for an answer? It hasnt been necessairy in other games.

You know.. I actually like your post. Around releases (its still no justification) CS ussually are swamped, even when a game is well settled it ussually takes quite some time to get a response. I fully agree with you a mission like Something wicked being bugged is anoying but itsnt very critical, it sucks but since it really is a mission that doesnt stop  progress in the game, the (imo even proper) response you get is that its a known issue and they are working on a resolve. It sucks, I agree. Keep an eye on general chat, there still are frequent posting of people offering to port you over.

Im aware it may not be the proper place to goto for a ingame issue but Ive always gotten rapid responses from using the Life support on their site, my over all experiance with them is good, they may be able to resolve your problem and if not.. at the very least they probebly can relay your issue (assuming its something they can fix for you) to IG support.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

Just saying, the CS here is lacking.

you have a valid complaint

but launch week is the worst time to expect good customer service from ANY mmo --- unless its billing

• Zlayer77Zlayer77 Member Posts: 826
    Originally posted by RoyalPhunk

haters vs fanbois round 2948523 aaaaaaand FIGHT!

hehe I personaly dont hate the Secret world, the idea behind it sounds fun to be honest. And all new MMOs have bugs that is just the way it is.

But I do hate Funcom alot so I wont buy the game even if its fun... They have a shity trackrecod and bad customer suport is one of them.. So what the OP said sounds about right when it comes to them.. Bad customer suport dont have that much to do with gameplay though. The game itself can bee fun, I dont know havent played it. But FAILCOM will always be FAILCOM, so I stick to the old saying " fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me"...

Edit.. I hate EA even more then Funcom and they are sorta partnerd up on this one. When Lucifer and the Antichrist plots only horrible things can come of it.....

• MeliezaMelieza Member Posts: 269

How comes its always "I had no problem installing/running/playing the game but MY WIFE HAD SO MANY"...

Why didn't you start your post saying "I encountered none of these..."?

Instead of you have to blame it all on this "wife"?

I've stopped taking any post that says "my wife" it anywhere seriously.

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662
    1) Chat is universal across all dimensions. To say absolutely no one responded is kinda strange.

2) A hardware glich cause by a new piece of software that has not been tested on your pc that has to run on millions of possible hardware configurations is not a failure of the company.

3) If your girlfriend is irritated by these two minor issues from trying this mmo the future doesn't look bright for her taking this up as a hobby.

4) Where was your rational opinion when she was dealing with all these issues since you had such a smooth experience?

Not trying to attack anyone here. Just trying to bring some clarity to you dilemma.

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• joker007mojoker007mo Member Posts: 712
    Originally posted by Beowulfsam

Dunno, all my guildies who so far had problems got them resolved pretty quickly. Live-chat usually for the win.

On the other hand, which game where you playing before that they magically solved all ur problems in minutes? On launch week. I really want to know, because for me, if u even get a response in under 24 hrs it's pretty nice response time (not the automated one ofc) - and I filled tickets in Rift, Aion, Tera, SWTOR, Atlantica Online, World of Tanks to just name a few.   And do keep in mind, established game that's been around for years has much much less submitted tickets.

Ah lol, that reminded me. I got a mail from Gameforge on 28.6.2012 that I recently submitted a ticket and I was WTF, got hacked or what, I sent no ticket. I open the mail and omg, it was a reply on my ticket that I submitted on 5.3.2012. Ahh, I laughed. Only took them almost 4 months, kinda stopped playing after 1 month coz they suck so much they can't even translate stuff (Aion).

honestly have no interest in this game at all just kinda being a looky lou but i felt i must say something here ncsoft has always been good at least for me on that point  aion on launch day  mind only one issue and that was cuz i was getting stuck rubberbandind but still very fast support and on launch day no less . and also guild wars nightfall bugged missions at the start and it not allowing me to open my storage quick and easy to respond . oh yea and fourth anniversary where i had to merge my account with my ncsoft acct  forgot my master account password within about 20 mins i had my new storage slot .

my point here is that there are mmos that have good support response its rare but they do happen and then there are just truly terrible support which unfortunatly isnt rare at all

• MimzelMimzel Member UncommonPosts: 375
    Originally posted by Panthien

You know.. I actually like your post. Around releases (its still no justification) CS ussually are swamped, even when a game is well settled it ussually takes quite some time to get a response. I fully agree with you a mission like Something wicked being bugged is anoying but itsnt very critical, it sucks but since it really is a mission that doesnt stop  progress in the game, the (imo even proper) response you get is that its a known issue and they are working on a resolve. It sucks, I agree. Keep an eye on general chat, there still are frequent posting of people offering to port you over.

Im aware it may not be the proper place to goto for a ingame issue but Ive always gotten rapid responses from using the Life support on their site, my over all experiance with them is good, they may be able to resolve your problem and if not.. at the very least they probebly can relay your issue (assuming its something they can fix for you) to IG support.

Thank you, Panthien! :)

Well, just to be clear - of course I just continued with my business after a while, leaving the bugged quest behind. I dont expect any game I play to be completely bug free. However, having the petition system tell me that they will jump to hoops to answer me no later than 4 hours, and ending up getting no answer at all after 2 days is what I am pointing a finger at.

Usually, you get an automated confirmation that they received your petition at the very least. In my case, I didnt even get that. Im glad other people have had their issues resolved in a speedy manner several times. However, I am puzzled why this is not the case with me..?

Originally posted by Vutar
    Originally posted by Ramonski7
    1) Chat is universal across all dimensions. To say absolutely no one responded is kinda strange.

2) A hardware glich cause by a new piece of software that has not been tested on your pc that has to run on millions of possible hardware configurations is not a failure of the company.

3) If your girlfriend is irritated by these two minor issues from trying this mmo the future doesn't look bright for her taking this up as a hobby.

4) Where was your rational opinion when she was dealing with all these issues since you had such a smooth experience?

Not trying to attack anyone here. Just trying to bring some clarity to you dilemma.

1) I had the exact same thing happen that his GF did. No one would invite me so I could switch.

2) The hardware glich was not the issue, the fact that technical support had no idea how to help was.

3) That is just a ridiculous statement.

4) Where is your rational opinion when expecting that people should just accept a buggy game?

Trying to attack someone is exactly what you were doing for daring to suggest TSW is not perfect. They guy has a right to be upset, these bugs are unacceptable. I mean come on, the quest he is talking about is one of the first quests. How on earth does that make it through beta without being fixed? That is only the first of MANY that are bugged too.

2) Not all problems can be fixed without a patch. but the chances are its his/her own computer causing the problem, its not their job to fix YOUR computer, though often they are curtious enough to try to find sollutions anyway.

3) Quiting after running into 1 bugged mission and her instable computer? Actually yes, that is laugheble. You are garanteed to run into alot more difficulties.. in any game.

4) No we shouldnt but the game is fairly stable and most bugs are very very minor and or easy to by pass, a dx11 issue for isntance, you can get by by clicking dx9 for instance.

Everyone has the right to be upset but no the game isnt that buggy at all, no worse then ANY game out there right now. Oh noes a broken quest, this and any game out there has more pressing matters not to mention.. they have their fix on the PTR.

Im sorry they didnt fix some insignificant mission but worked on stability and performance first.

Originally posted by Panthien

Thank you, Panthien! :)

Well, just to be clear - of course I just continued with my business after a while, leaving the bugged quest behind. I dont expect any game I play to be completely bug free. However, having the petition system tell me that they will jump to hoops to answer me no later than 4 hours, and ending up getting no answer at all after 2 days is what I am pointing a finger at.

Usually, you get an automated confirmation that they received your petition at the very least. In my case, I didnt even get that. Im glad other people have had their issues resolved in a speedy manner several times. However, I am puzzled why this is not the case with me..?

Imo you did the sensible thing, sure bugged missions are anoying but you took it for what it is, a minor inconveniance and moved on. The most commendeble thing you did was even when you posted your very valid concern you, you expressed it in a mature fasion, I wish all posters where like you.. including me.

• BlackndBlacknd Member Posts: 600
    Originally posted by cronius77
    Originally posted by Blacknd

This is starting to be a theme here.  The fanboi reviewers can say what they want, but FC released another buggy, half finished game.  Way to go FC.

I should have learned during the AoC launch and subsequent years of re-making that game that FC has no business in the MMO world.  Good ideas, yes, their execution is absolutely horrible.  Up to this point I could over look all the little annoying things, but this is to much.

Sounds more like your wife has no business in the MMO world. Or at least not a newly released one.

Troll-baiting aside, I'm sure Funcom appreciates the extra box purchase. Thanks for your support.

its guys like you that make the rest of this community so bad and what makes it worse is you should be banned here yet if i call you what i really want to call you right now id be the one that gets banned.

Hm. Why? He was clearly troll baiting. If you can't tell that from his OP or his replies, I'm not sure what to tell you.

I'll elaborate a bit more on my initial point: 

If crashing on startup (on a computer game) and a single bugged mission on a newly released MMORPG are enough to make you quit, you probably have no business playing a newly released MMORPG.

Or you can show me an MMORPG on release that didn't crash on every hardware and software setup. Or one without a single bugged mission/quest/encounter at release. Don't worry, I'll wait.

.. But in a good way.

• rygard49rygard49 Member UncommonPosts: 973
    Originally posted by cronius77

This is starting to be a theme here.  The fanboi reviewers can say what they want, but FC released another buggy, half finished game.  Way to go FC.

I should have learned during the AoC launch and subsequent years of re-making that game that FC has no business in the MMO world.  Good ideas, yes, their execution is absolutely horrible.  Up to this point I could over look all the little annoying things, but this is to much.

Sounds more like your wife has no business in the MMO world. Or at least not a newly released one.

Troll-baiting aside, I'm sure Funcom appreciates the extra box purchase. Thanks for your support.

its guys like you that make the rest of this community so bad and what makes it worse is you should be banned here yet if i call you what i really want to call you right now id be the one that gets banned.

Hm. Why? He was clearly troll baiting. If you can't tell that from his OP or his replies, I'm not sure what to tell you.

I'll elaborate a bit more on my initial point: 

If crashing on startup (on a computer game) and a single bugged mission on a newly released MMORPG are enough to make you quit, you probably have no business playing a newly released MMORPG.

Or you can show me an MMORPG on release that didn't crash on every hardware and software setup. Or one without a single bugged mission/quest/encounter at release. Don't worry, I'll wait.

The point isn't the bugs in the game. The OP was upset about the customer service, the lack of response, and the deletion of incomplete tickets. Read the title of the thread. The throwaway comments about the bugs are just the OP venting his frustrations with the service.

• TheOctagonTheOctagon Member UncommonPosts: 411

Got the pre-order directly from Funcom which included the Greandmasters Pack, then got told I needed another key, which they never provided. I have been waiting for an answer since the game went live. I was good right up until then.

Also, I never got my pre-order items that came with it.(Yes Fanbois, store and items. I even submitted a Petition. Thats Ctrl+B in the game for you wannabes.) So I got 4 days of play(Which was mostly spent looking for an instance that wasn't bugged) and now utter silence.

Got told by their 'Live' chat I I had to take it up with support, but after 6 or 7 e-mails I have received nothing.

I'm beginning to believe Funcom is secretly owned by Wargaming.

• mehoronmehoron Member Posts: 146
    Originally posted by TheOctagon

Got the pre-order directly from Funcom which included the Greandmasters Pack, then got told I needed another key, which they never provided. I have been waiting for an answer since the game went live. I was good right up until then.

Also, I never got my pre-order items that came with it.(Yes Fanbois, store and items. I even submitted a Petition. Thats Ctrl+B in the game for you wannabes.) So I got 4 days of play(Which was mostly spent looking for an instance that wasn't bugged) and now utter silence.

Got told by their 'Live' chat I I had to take it up with support, but after 6 or 7 e-mails I have received nothing.

First off your claimable items are in the item store. You can get to that through the menu. Then click Claim

Second Ctrl+B is to submit a to QA bug , not a CS petition. Typing /petition will get you a window with some Q&A (not QA) and a link or button called "Petition" in the top right that will let you write a new one, which is not the Ctrl+B window which again is to enter a bug. (Ctrl+B...B is for BUG) /applaus!

So maybe...just MAYBE if you actually do it right. You won't have a problem.

Originally posted by TheOctagon

Im curious, who told you you need another key? All the packs I bought where automaticly added to my acount buying directly from Funcom, every mmo and their expantions did the same, I bought it directly from them and it was automaticly added to my acount.

• jocieBjocieB Member Posts: 72

Buggy - check

CS slow at peak US times - check

Poor community?  Not during beta, early access or post release have i had anything but fantastic community experience. 

• ZebladeZeblade Member UncommonPosts: 931

Lol no its about both customer service and tons of bugs. Never come across those npcs that just before dying they reset.. no big deal. Now if you REALLY play the game you see "can someone invite me so I can finish, or change dem, or change instances". After a hour I was told of chat being down yet could not find ANYTHING from Funcom at all.. nothing.  Lol your quest it bugged.. the raven, the zombies  blah blah now chat is down and you cant ask anyone to invite you to change instances.

For me its really not a big deal. I was there in beta for AoC and man you would think Funcom would have learned. Funcom never talking really upset so many and here we are problems with the game and Funcom is saying? That quest bugged.. does Funcom even know? They don't tell us. Whens the next update? No clue but have you ran by the CASH SHOP?

Seven.. SEVEN servers thats it. There is no waiting.. nothing ever. So you think everyone will stay after 30days? Haha 30 days ends when? Just in time for GW2. 

Guys TSW is a great game. Funcom is not the best and their work shows it. The devs .. A++ work. Its ok to EXPECT something for you money. Dont settle for unfinished work. Not now days.

• AnnwynAnnwyn Member UncommonPosts: 2,854
    Originally posted by Melieza

How comes its always "I had no problem installing/running/playing the game but MY WIFE HAD SO MANY"...

Why didn't you start your post saying "I encountered none of these..."?

Instead of you have to blame it all on this "wife"?

I've stopped taking any post that says "my wife" it anywhere seriously.

Working as a tech, I'll tell you this. Did a job recently where we installed 20 new computers at a company. The computers had all the same exact specs, and we deployed the OS and software through the network on all 20 computers, which is how we do it at the company. Well we still ended up with 4-5 computers that didn't install properly and we had to re-do the installation.

Here's another example. If you look at the Tech section of many games, you'll also find recurring topics where users have no problem running the game on computer A, but when they change to computer B they can't run "x" game. It's a a rather common issue.

Which is just to say that it's perfectly possible that, while OP may not have experienced any of these issues mentionned, his wife (on a different computer and in a different instance in-game) may go through some technical difficulties. But actually, the fact that it's his wife is kind of irrelevant, because many of these issues (like the Something Wicked quest bug) are experienced by many users. Could be you, a family member, a friend, a neighbor, a complete stranger, it doesn't matter. The fact remains that the bug is there, and prevents some users to complete said quest.

• kaludytkkaludytk Member UncommonPosts: 45

the game is still wonderful. sure there a couple bugs in a few quests but it is not game breaking. you can come back and do them another time, no big deal.. and im sure you will since you will want to grind the AP for more skills.

I do agree with the bad customer support, i have my own story to tell about it but i got past the problem and i'm not going to come onto a forum and cry about it.

OP you had a few minor issues and you came running to the forum crying like a child who dropped their ice cream. get over it. 

"this is too much." LOL. you had a bugged quest and a minor graphical issue. OH NO...like those have never been experienced before. Also, for the record, funcom also made anarchy online which is still to this a day a wonderful game...i'm sure they have "business in the mmo world".

not a "fanboi" but i think your post was a little ridiculous and did not need to be brought here.