Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone playing on Arcadia?

DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062

I noticed that Arcadia is considered TSW's only RP server so I thought I'd ask if anyone here is playing on that server.  I'd love to know what it's like on the server - if people really are role playing or if it's pretty much the same as any server.

TSW could lend itself well to some great RP... but the community of course has to be there for that to happen.

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

Comments

• IsawaIsawa Member UncommonPosts: 1,051

Pretty much the same, unless you go out and make an effort. Plenty of clowns who apparently don't understand what a RP server stands for as well.

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062

Thanks Eluldor.  That's pretty much what I was expecting.

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

I'm on Arcadia.

The community is actually quite good, but you won't see open roleplaying in general chat. RP'ers pretty much keep it within cabal chat or /say or /tell. There are people who don't RP, so general chat is considered to be OOC for all intensive purposes.

There are quite a few RP focused cabals that are always looking for serious roleplayers. I think the RP community will come together quite nicely over the next month to be honest.

• UnshraUnshra Member UncommonPosts: 381

Right now it's a lot like the other servers, though this is normal for most new MMO's as people are too excited to focus on things like role-playing events. Though London seems to becoming a hub for it as each time I visit there is more random RP compared to the other faction cities. Heck I see more Illuminati and Dragon in London then I do their own cities. :-P

I think this is do to the layout of London there are more spots for people to gather and it's layout flows better. So if you are looking for RP I would start there, but don't expect much at the moment.

Because flying a Minmatar ship is like going down a flight of stairs on an office chair while firing an Uzi.

• channel84channel84 Member UncommonPosts: 585

Open chat rp is a nono in arcadia but in dungeon group and guild it happen from time to time

• cpthowdycpthowdy Member Posts: 113
    Originally posted by Unshra

Right now it's a lot like the other servers, though this is normal for most new MMO's as people are too excited to focus on things like role-playing events. Though London seems to becoming a hub for it as each time I visit there is more random RP compared to the other faction cities. Heck I see more Illuminati and Dragon in London then I do their own cities. :-P

I think this is do to the layout of London there are more spots for people to gather and it's layout flows better. So if you are looking for RP I would start there, but don't expect much at the moment.

you see other factions there because london is the only town with a clothing shop and bank right now. i see lots of RP with people just talking locally such as in a bar or around the vendors

• AndraxxAndraxx Member UncommonPosts: 256

I've seen a group of RP-ers on Arcadia gathered in Tabula Rasa (in London), taking up a corner of that place. It was mostly Illuminati but a couple of Templars were engaged in their conversation as well. This was on launch day, but based on their visible faction ranks, I'd say they'd all been playing since the headstart.

There are on general chat looking for RP Cabals, and I've seen one or two RP Cabals advertising for members, so there definitely is an RP community.

• sfc1971sfc1971 Member UncommonPosts: 421

What you got to remember is that TSW has a single chat server.

So, you get EVERYONE in General chat. Even belgians!

And when you group, you could easily end up on another server and stay there for the session.

For some bugged quests, the only way to get them done is get an invite to another server where the quest is working as well.

So don't expect RP in general or everyone on Arcadia to be into RP.

Mind you, this is a modern day game. So what is roleplay?

The downright insane chat in faction channels about how X sucks because the made up faction has done this or that when in reality you all do the same quests?

No thanks to that. I take a dozen bunny hoppers over some tinfoil hat wearing nutcase anyday. Because I got the very strong suppision they ain't roleplaying an insane person.

RP will be in cabal and groups. Where it always is.