Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

What did you do in SWG and Chicken or Egg?

TimothyTierlessTimothyTierless ColumnistM, ORPosts: 2,163Member Uncommon

2 questions for us vets.

What did you do in SWG? I was a solo PVE collector who went about looting unique items and displaying them in his guild hall museum. I was also a small humble clothing shop owner (it was a front ;) that had a nack for "knowing how to get things" for the right price. I have yet to find another game capable of doing either properly.

Other question, what came first, were you a Star Wars first who then played SWG, or did you play SWG then develop a love for Star Wars because of it. I always liked Star Wars, I saw them, they were cool, that was about the end of it. Then I played SWG, what followed was an obsession with the Star Wars universe that continues to this day.

Comments

• LopidoLopido warrenville, ILPosts: 17Member

1. Hardcore pvper and hunted nightisister elders/k-dragons. I never really cared about crafting or houses

2. Always been a star wars fan (movies and games)  but then came the prequels which are all garbage.  I played swtor for three hours it was crap.

• thamighty213thamighty213 NewcastlePosts: 1,630Member

1.  Crazy krayt and elder killing pikewoman,  it took at least 15 minutes longer per kill than your heavy hitters like swords took to kill a krayt and you couldnt duo with a RM as targeted seperate pools but I loved it,  the only Eclipsian to ever rip exceptional tissues from a dead Krayt.    I also pvp'd a lot but I was mainly known for my krayt killing.

2. Star Wars geek but zero intrest in it initially,  A freind had got me into Planetside which I loved and SOE asked me to beta SWG based on my bug reporting etc in PS beta and live.  I then fell in love with the game.

• TalonsinTalonsin Posts: 1,469Member Uncommon

1. I was a weaponsmith and loved it.  People would come to me from all over the server because I had a reputation for making awesome weapons and I had harvested resources from day one so I had access to a large pool of unique materials.  This was my favorite time in all my 15+ years of MMO's.

2. I was a SW fan since the first movie in the 70"s and followed the game from the very beginning hoping I would get a chance to smuggle something from planet to planet. 

• GTwanderGTwander San Diego, CAPosts: 6,035Member

1) Like the OP, I had a Tat Guild Hall on Dantooine (as well as a medium and mustafarian bunker) I decoed with just about every single item I could scrounge up. Spent my time collecting master badges, though had zero inclination to go Jedi. I jammed out ID in like, a day, then perfected my look, then did architect and clothing so I could pimp my abodes out before swapping back to a combat class to contunie hunting trinkets and such. The only combat profession I never mastered was Bounty Hunter, was in the process of that and doing the Kashyyyk missions once the NGE dropped, and I pretty much lost interest in it all together. Favorite combo was TKA/Pistoleer/Smuggler... also spent a lot of time in space as a neutral pilot to farm credits I could spend at malls for items I never seen before (also for display). Got two Alderaan floras for like 60k each, the guy selling them totally flubbed on the price because the other ones he had were like 6 mil. Man I miss that fucking game.

2) Was a Star Wars fan since birth, pretty much. The force was strong with this one... oh, I even like that Swiss Family Robinson on Endor franchise. Even at an early age I loved how they wiped out the entire family in the sequel and basically made that little girl and orphan. I remember saying "that is soooo awesome", while my benefactors argued if the themes were too dark for a child my age. Mwhahahah!

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• jeremyjodesjeremyjodes antioch, ORPosts: 679Member

I was a starwars fan who just happened to enjoy some UO I also heard about SWG becuase many of us koster fanboys had followed him around. we heard he was making a MMO thats when I found the website and kept vigil.

My home server was nartius and I was the primary farmer for resources there before the combat upgrade. I also loved master ranger and spent a ton of time farming resources for all the armor weapon guys like krayt industries and a few others.

Loved housing. was the most innovative in any MMO. if you never liked housing then you spent more time PVPing (GCW) with your T-21 looking for idiots to farm who ran around with TEFS.

It was good times. i will be running my own emu server for nartians once it gets out fully.

• aspekxaspekx Brandon, FLPosts: 2,167Member

1. i was a CM first. my favorite hobbies included exploration and making waypoints for the unusual and interesting. a theoretical archaeologist for Dantooine. and a harvester, my guild was simply a corp. dealing in material supplies to various crafters and crafting heavy guilds.

2. i was a StarWars fan first.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

Originally posted by chelan

1. i was a CM first. my favorite hobbies included exploration and making waypoints for the unusual and interesting. a theoretical archaeologist for Dantooine.

Ah, then you found the lake w/ arch I planted my personal enclave at.  Like 3000, 4000 or so. I fit all my structures in a perfect little gully extending out to the penninsula it was on. Best spot I ever had in that game, and I had a house at one of the few oasises on Tat.

Back when I did a stint of QA for SOE, I mentioned this place and the lead overheard me. Turns how *he* was the one that actually placed the arch, as well as decoing many of the houses in major cities when he worked at SOE Austin. Good times.

• aspekxaspekx Brandon, FLPosts: 2,167Member
    Originally posted by GTwander
    Originally posted by chelan

1. i was a CM first. my favorite hobbies included exploration and making waypoints for the unusual and interesting. a theoretical archaeologist for Dantooine.

Ah, then you found the lake w/ arch I planted my personal enclave at.  Like 3000, 4000 or so. I fit all my structures in a perfect little gully extending out to the penninsula it was on. Best spot I ever had in that game, and I had a house at one of the few oasises on Tat.

Back when I did a stint of QA for SOE, I mentioned this place and the lead overheard me. Turns how *he* was the one that actually placed the arch, as well as decoing many of the houses in major cities when he worked at SOE Austin. Good times.

before there were even mounts i ran outside of Coronet and found a little island in a lake. later it became overpopulated, but at the time it was gorgeous and lonely and i loved it there.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• AtheenahAtheenah UddevallaPosts: 58Member

I started as a jedi and had a great time exploring all the corners of the galaxy!

I did alot of everything, but no PVP, except for some space-pvp.

My interest started when my father took me to see A new Hope in the theaters back in -77.

Played most SW games when i could afford my own computer.

• MaxJacMaxJac Another Dimension, CAPosts: 185Member
    Originally posted by Atheenah

I started as a jedi and had a great time exploring all the corners of the galaxy!

I did alot of everything, but no PVP, except for some space-pvp.

My interest started when my father took me to see A new Hope in the theaters back in -77.

Played most SW games when i could afford my own computer.

Not sure if you are serious.

EDIT: Foot in mouth. I genuinely forget the game existed past a certain point. My bad.

Yeah, that post made me a sad panda, and I wasn't going to post anything about it...

...but I guess I just did, huh.