Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you think blizzard is coming to the end

Comments

• tixylixtixylix Member UncommonPosts: 1,288

Blizzard have sucked since WoW, their last good game was WC3

• nGumbeinGumbei Member Posts: 33

So many comments, I didn´t read all however Blizzard is still the biggest gaming company in the world. It is kinda hard to imagine it end. They have the money and the talent, if they can use it in the best way .. Titan may end up as the MMORPG that will blow the world.

That if the world wouldn´t be blown by the end of 2012.

• lilHealalilHeala Member UncommonPosts: 522

Don't think they'll come to an end as they're still making profit. If you're talking about others taking the crown, well I personally never considered them to be a king in anything anyway because I always liked games of other studios better so I couldn't care less.

• FredomSekerZFredomSekerZ Member Posts: 1,156

If we talk about financials, LOL, no. Pandaria is hated to hell and it will still be the best selling mmorpg of this year.

From player perspective, probably, but it must have started awhile now.

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342

Originally posted by Sebber

Originally posted by darkness2468

This aint  a troll post but in reality do you think there time is over?

Well if you look at the games they have made.

Starcraft  was the most watched esport game, but now League of Legends have taken that titel.

World of Warcraft is in decline and i don't anything OMG stuff coming anytime soon.

Diablo 3 sold alot of copies, but the game was a failure in the eyes of the players.

Diablo 3 wasn't a failure by any means. Don't think your represent "the players." It has two more expansions in the works.

The game launched with minium content, no PvP, major server issues and a P2W AH. how was that not a failure?

Can you please tell me what a failure is then?

You presuming to speak for all of us gamers, that could be considered a failure. Just because YOU don't like something does not mean the rest of us don't like it either.

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• SilverchildSilverchild Member UncommonPosts: 118
    Originally posted by Yamota
    Originally posted by bookworm438

Diablo 3 wasn't a failure by any means. Don't think your represent "the players." It has two more expansions in the works.

The game launched with minium content, no PvP, major server issues and a P2W AH. how was that not a failure?

Technically, a failure is a game that fails to make money or sell. Diablo 3 sold over 7 mil copies at release. I consider that far from failure.

And the SW prequels were a success because it made alot of money but many, many people considered them a failure compared to the sequels. So yes in a profiteerings companies eyes the game is a success but from players, metacritic is one indication, the game is a failure.

As for Blizzard, as a profiteering company they are far from over but making good games? They havent made a really good game since Starcraft 1. They are nothing but a money machine now.

Is d3 a success? Technically, yes.

However, out of everyone I know that bought the game (8 people including me) NO ONE is playing anymore, and thats only 2 months after release. D3 sold well because of hype alone, and then everyone realized how bad of a game it was.

Now you tell me it has 2 more expansions planned? I wonder how well they'll sell.

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662
    Originally posted by Yamota
    Originally posted by bookworm438

Technically, a failure is a game that fails to make money or sell. Diablo 3 sold over 7 mil copies at release. I consider that far from failure.

And the SW prequels were a success because it made alot of money but many, many people considered them a failure compared to the sequels. So yes in a profiteerings companies eyes the game is a success but from players, metacritic is one indication, the game is a failure.

As for Blizzard, as a profiteering company they are far from over but making good games? They havent made a really good game since Starcraft 1. They are nothing but a money machine now.

And that's where your analogy fails. The SW prequels were shunned by BOTH critics and the fans. Not so with D3. Everything else in your post is fueled by your obvious frustration with the development of SC2, D3 and WoW. Good thing you only hold the minority opinion on the matter.

I happen to think D3 was a good game for what it was worth, basically a glorified gauntlet. I'm wondering what direction these games would have taken if their development was lead by players that don't want to play their games anyway...

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by Dragonantis

Well the rumors are still floating around that Microsoft has its eye on Blizzard, who knows what could happen if they get bought.

Originally posted by jeremyjodes

One Can only hope.

I dont wish Microsoft on any mmo - Microsoft has a horrible history with mmos

Why Microsoft is 'the MMO graveyard'

http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/09/21/why-microsoft-is-the-mmo-graveyard/

prior to that - Microsoft as publisher, dumped Marvel Universe, Vanguard, sold Asherons Call back to Turbine

dumped their own game Mythica preWOW launch

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mythica

• slickbizzleslickbizzle Member Posts: 464
    Originally posted by darkness2468

This aint  a troll post but in reality do you think there time is over?

In the last few years, I think Blizzard found a formula (Most money for minimal content) that they will stick with until the end.

But, they have a lot of loyal players that will happily and  tirelessly defend the corporation until the end while attacking anything new that comes along.

So as a gaming company, I think Blizzard is stale. As a milking maching, they are pretty damn good. Probably the best out there.

• eyceleycel Member Posts: 1,334

I dont think any blizz game with ever interest me again after I played WOW for years.

• sonoggisonoggi Member Posts: 1,119

Blizz may be far from dead, but alls i know is that my moneys is going to ANet, and indy developers.

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194

Blizzard-Activision made  1 Billion profit last year, one of the few entertainment companies that still makes huge profits.

I don't understand where this pessimism is coming from.

Originally posted by ste2000

Blizzard-Activision made  1 Billion profit last year, one of the few entertainment companies that still makes huge profits.

from articles like this

Vivendi having trouble finding a suitor for Activision Blizzard - report

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/174144/Vivendi_having_trouble_finding_a_suitor_for_Activision_Blizzard__report.php

According to Bloomberg, anonymous sources claim that Vivendi has spoken with companies including Microsoft, Disney, and Take-Two, though at the moment, none of these organizations are ready or willing to purchase the World of Warcraft and Call of Duty publisher.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

'Course, running a pool for money on the "death of Blizzard" requires a solid and non-forum definition of "dead".  Good luck with that.

It's been predicted (wrongly), what, a million previous times on forums?  Every day, on some forum, somewhere.  Fool's Bet at even odds.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• lotapartylotaparty Member Posts: 514

the thing is diablo 3 is not subscription based game .so as soon as blizzard get the game to playable situation .people will come back to the game . starcraft 2 is doing great .nothing wrong with the game and people are enjoying playing it . wow is gonna get overhaul with mist of panderia which i am playing its beta and its awesome . the new dungeons and areas they are very awesome . they have been able to maintain 10 million subscribers . with scroll of resurrection offer we will surely see more people joinning the game . still if someone thinks blizzard is dying . he /she should seriously consult a doctor just like my ex g/f who is now a smoker and drug addicted person . thanks god i had dumped her 5 years ago ~

• doragon86doragon86 Member UncommonPosts: 589

Are they coming to an end? No, I don't believe so, not yet anyways. However, I do believe they are in a downward trend when compared with their competitors. They're very slow when it comes to content development and patches, and they're terrible at quality assurance. Their main competitors on the other hand are the complete opposite. If Blizzard doesn't get with the times, they'll be left in the dust by their competitors. Right now, development is a different game, and Blizzard isn't even playing. 

"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
    And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:
    And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
    And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"
    ~Lord George Gordon Byron

• CorrineCorrine Member UncommonPosts: 77
    Originally posted by Nadia

from articles like this

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/174144/Vivendi_having_trouble_finding_a_suitor_for_Activision_Blizzard__report.php

According to Bloomberg, anonymous sources claim that Vivendi has spoken with companies including Microsoft, Disney, and Take-Two, though at the moment, none of these organizations are ready or willing to purchase the World of Warcraft and Call of Duty publisher.

Can you imagine if Disney bought Acti-Blizz! I think it would be funny.

from articles like this

But see that's the point. When a company takes over another company they usually want to streamline, clean house and make cahnges that would screw with how the purchased company operates. And no matter how much you dislike Blizzard games, the studio makes hits.

It's like when my security company was underbid and lost a contract to the building I work at. Even though the COMPANY lost the option to work for the client (fans), the client was adamant about keeping us three at her building because she loved our work ethics. So the company that won the bid had no choice but to hire us and keep us locked in that building (with all our benefits) or lose the contract.

Now imagine the hit they had to take in order to get that contract..stipulations man...it's all about the stipulations.

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

Originally posted by Ramonski7

But see that's the point. When a company takes over another company they usually want to streamline, clean house and make cahnges that would screw with how the purchased company operates. And no matter how much you dislike Blizzard games, the studio makes hits.

It's like when my security company was underbid and lost a contract to the building I work at. Even though the COMPANY lost the option to work for the client (fans), the client was adamant about keeping us three at her building because she loved our work ethics. So the company that won the bid had no choice but to hire us and keep us locked in that building (with all our benefits) or lose the contract.

Now imagine the hit they had to take in order to get that contract..stipulations man...it's all about the stipulations.

i dont wish Blizzard any ill

but the fact that Vivendi wants to let go of them from their portofolio is seen more in a negative light than a positive one

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by ZekeAsukura

Can you imagine if Disney bought Acti-Blizz! I think it would be funny.

Disney buys up everything else.

Don't think the Blizzard demons are easy to hide in the Official Squeaky Clean Disney Image.  Not as easy to hide as the racism in those old movies, anyway.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

Originally posted by Ramonski7

i dont wish Blizzard any ill

but the fact that Vivendi wants to let go of them from their portofolio is seen more in a negative light than a positive one

Or like any other company in this economy, they want/need a bigger influx of money fast for their parent company and their current agreement with Blizzard/Activision doesn't allow them to raid Blizzard's coffers like they would like to. I still fail to see your point as this being bad for anyone other than Vivendi, who by the way seems deperate for cash.

• 3-4thElf3-4thElf Member Posts: 489

Hardly.

I do think they're going to have to admit there are some other top devs out there finally. But a decade of dominance in an industry that changes every 3 months isn't a bad run.

They'll make more games that we all will love.

I myself am hoping for a new Rock N' Roll Racing.

a yo ho ho

• ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

I don't think they will but I think they probably should. Their glory days are clearly over.

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• WrenderWrender Member Posts: 1,386

Pfft Blizzard came to an end a long time ago...soon as Activision came into the scene. Havent touched them since!

• xmentyxmenty Member UncommonPosts: 718

Blizz / Activ will not be dead but they are BW / EA twins.

They have turn to corporate.

They are just out of idea that D3 gameplay and content feels like WOW clone. 

Pardon my English as it is not my 1st language :)