Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you think blizzard is coming to the end

Comments

• Carl132pCarl132p Member UncommonPosts: 538
    Originally posted by Skuall
    Originally posted by Gorelik

Blizzard won't fail. They always have succeed in making dumb people give them money.

The cycle will continues since there is no shortage of dumb people in the world.

Name your preferred game in a genre of theirs and I will describe to you how blizzards rendition isbetter.

• teakboisteakbois Member Posts: 2,154
    Originally posted by Magnetia

Mists of Pandaria - Although WoW is bleeding subs 

WoW subs have been steady for 6 (or is it 9?) months now, and will obviously get a boost with MoP, at least initially.  If its good, WoW may even grow a little again.  If its bad, theyll drop down down to 8 million worldwide/2.5 mill NA/EU and still be the #1 MMORPG.

• dageezadageeza Member Posts: 578

An end? No..

A steady and permanent decline yes, actiblizz is not the blizz of yesteryear and the coattails they have rode to fame have worn down and now they are left with a bunch of talentless corporate croonies that will struggle to change and adapt..

They stole the glory from $OE only to become hardheaded and entrenched like SOE themselves were for years and now its their turn to sit and watch while the gaming world slowly passes actiblizz by..

With vivendi wanting out of actiblizz it tells me all i need to know about the titan project..

Playing GW2..

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342
    Originally posted by Sebber
    Originally posted by darkness2468

This aint  a troll post but in reality do you think there time is over?

Well if you look at the games they have made.

Starcraft  was the most watched esport game, but now League of Legends have taken that titel.

World of Warcraft is in decline and i don't anything OMG stuff coming anytime soon.

Diablo 3 sold alot of copies, but the game was a failure in the eyes of the players.

Speak for yourself.

Anyway, what exactly do you all think will happen? All of a sudden Blizzard is not the company they once were and just like that, people stop playing their games? You think that will happen over night?

And you all do understand just how much 10 million is, don't you?

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607

No. Their next Starcraft expansion will sell a ton. Their next mmo will sell a ton.

• MephsterMephster Member Posts: 1,188

Unless their new upcomng mmo is fantastic, I think it is over but they always seem to find a way to wiggle their way out of bad situations. We'll see.

Grim Dawn, the next great action rpg!

http://www.grimdawn.com/

• If they at some point decide to stop going from one massive success to the other they might come to an end.

• ValuaValua Member Posts: 520
    Originally posted by Gorelik

Blizzard won't fail. They always have succeed in making dumb people give them money.

The cycle will continues since there is no shortage of dumb people in the world.

I hate people like you.

Because I play Blizzard games I'm "dumb?"

You sir, are an idiot. 

The word "dumb" alone is the most useless and pathetic word in existence.

I guess you play really smart games yeah? No wait, you don't. You play clones of Blizzard games. 

I play Blizzard games because I enjoy them, how would you feel if I called you "dumb" for playing a game you like?  

Complete and utter idiot.

• Ambros123Ambros123 Member Posts: 877

Not when every game they've released has been massive success.  While MoP is questionable but they still have one game in development up their sleeve... well two.  First is the mysterious "Titan" project that has their most talented Devs and the SC2 trilogy which 2 more expansions are to released.  I don't see Blizz coming to an end for a vey very VERY long time.

• Bigmac1910Bigmac1910 Member Posts: 19

I think their reputation is tarnished now, and I won't support them blindly anymore as I used to, Activision has ruined them. 

• Xstatic912Xstatic912 Member Posts: 365
    Next....

Do the poster realize, blizz is probably the "APPLE" of pc game development.. They can take an idea like TSW has and put there touch on it and BAM, there fans think its God send..

like apple these guys have mastered the craft of illusion.. with there sales numbers most are like Wtf, I did that before and it didn't sell that much or they are like, if I make a similar game will it sell like that..

Like apple fans, blizz true fans see them as doing no wrong and if they mess up they have faith that it will be taken care of soon..

Very few if any other game company has the fan loyalty that blizz has, maybe nintendo.. But blizz realize they will never please all there fans equally, and they know they will lose some of those fans, but for every fan they lose it seem they gain 10 more..

Its that loyalty that allows them to release a product when they want to and not when the market asks for it...
  • WarmakerWarmaker Member UncommonPosts: 2,246

I'm not sure how you think "their time is over" when they're making alot of ridiculous cash.

As a gamer, personally, their last good game was also the last one of theirs that I ever purchased.  Diablo 2.  They changed quite a bit from the company that I religously and without question followed from the 1990's.  Diablo 1 & 2, Starcraft 1, Warcraft 2, and their associated expansions.  That was the timeframe when I was a big fan of Blizzard.

The Blizzard that exists now is nothing at all like the Blizzard in the 1990s and very, very early 2000s.  But I do acknowledge that they rake in alot of money.  But as a game developer, I think they're rotten in their core.

"I have only two out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." (First Lieutenant Clifton B. Cates, US Marine Corps, Soissons, 19 July 1918)

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

Originally posted by Kothoses
    "Some" people hate that game.
    And yet they bought it. Blizzard made/is making mega-bucks on that game alone. Far from "Coming to the end."

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• LatronusLatronus Member Posts: 692
    Originally posted by DiSpLiFF

really dumb thread to have on this website... If Blizzard is coming to an end then the gaming industry is in trouble. There is no better video game developer period. 

ROLMAO!!! I hope there is sarcasm in there somewhere, but if not, it is your opinion and you are entitled to it.

• ZorgoZorgo Member UncommonPosts: 2,254

Diablo 3 sold alot of copies, but the game was a failure in the eyes of the posters  I've seen on the mmorpg.com forums, the bastion site for all who hate everything blizzard.

Fixed.

Outside of this site, it is considered pretty successful and fun. This is the worst site to come to for level-headed opinions  when it comes to anything Blizzard.

• spikers14spikers14 Member UncommonPosts: 531

You've come to the right place if looking for more than a few to say "yes". Their games are still strong. Diablo 3 might be a miss in the eyes of a few, but there are plenty who are content with the purchase. Personally, I've found Cata to be their strongest x-pack, even though I preferred vanilla wow. 

Judging by the amount of attention Blizzard is getting for Pandas, MoP might be thier highest selling xpack ever -- even if alot of that attention is negative. There are websites basically stalking the Titan Project.

Blizzard has a reputation of making quality games, and I think that reputation is still largely intact. If it appears to you that Blizzard is falling, I would suggest holding onto your seat.

Originally posted by Zorgo

Diablo 3 sold alot of copies, but the game was a failure in the eyes of the posters  I've seen on the mmorpg.com forums, the bastion site for all who hate everything blizzard.

Fixed.

Outside of this site, it is considered pretty successful and fun. This is the worst site to come to for level-headed opinions  when it comes to anything at all.

Fixed.

• Swammy22Swammy22 Member UncommonPosts: 64

To OP...do you think my head will grow back if I cut it off?

• newbinatornewbinator Member Posts: 780

When any competing MMO can come close to WoW's subscriber numbers, then I'll start taking posts like this serious.

• qombiqombi Member UncommonPosts: 1,170
    Originally posted by bookworm438

Diablo 3 wasn't a failure by any means. Don't think your represent "the players." It has two more expansions in the works.

The game launched with minium content, no PvP, major server issues and a P2W AH. how was that not a failure?

Can you please tell me what a failure is then?

Technically, a failure is a game that fails to make money or sell. Diablo 3 sold over 7 mil copies at release. I consider that far from failure.

Yes it's a shame people will pay for garbage because of the Blizzard name. People are sheep.

• spikers14spikers14 Member UncommonPosts: 531
    Originally posted by qombi
    Originally posted by bookworm438

Diablo 3 wasn't a failure by any means. Don't think your represent "the players." It has two more expansions in the works.

The game launched with minium content, no PvP, major server issues and a P2W AH. how was that not a failure?

Can you please tell me what a failure is then?

Technically, a failure is a game that fails to make money or sell. Diablo 3 sold over 7 mil copies at release. I consider that far from failure.

Yes it's a shame people will pay for garbage because of the Blizzard name. People are sheep.

So to not be a sheep, I need to agree with you? Makes sense to me....BAAAAAAAH

• jeremyjodesjeremyjodes Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 679

Of course it's dying. but as we know here ,free to play fully would be the last resort, but blizzards see's it flagship cashcow failing it will be fully free to play. and it would work and the rest of the industry would follow.

The production on Titan has increased so they might be worried. but not that much. you have no competiton when everyone keeps cloning your design and you are the top dog.

Wow will outlive many of it's players. and this is from a guy who hates Wow.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,897

Blizzard took a PR hit, from my perspective, by splitting the starcraft campaigns over three releases.  They've taken a much bigger hit by how poorly designed and tested D3 was.  I'm still playing it a little, but I have zero interest in farming gold in A1 Inferno for upgrades.  That's just not at all what I find enjoyable.

It's too bad even the best developers have to sell themselves to the devil (EA, Activision, ...) to get the kind of money they dream of.  I'm hoping the move to digital only will help reduce that need.

a little does of reality for people who think WoW is in any danger of going away:

Everquest was the top dog before WoW in the NA/EU market, peaking at around 500k subscribers around the time of WoW (and EQ2s) launch.

It still has over 100k subs after 13 years.  

WoWs peak was somewhere around 4.5 million NA subs

at 20% of its peak, it will be at 900k subs, which is more than twice as much as any game besides EQ ever sustained in this regon.

WoW will be a MAJOR player as long as Blizzard keeps putting out content for it.  It may lose top slot, but it will likely never lose a top 5 slot.

• Ambros123Ambros123 Member Posts: 877

Blizzard isn't dying in regards to WoW.  What is happening is inevitable especially since the MMO market has become a lot more divirse and WoW will no longer be the juggernaut that smothered anything striving to be successful.  Blizzard is still a top notch developer and very few companies can hold a torch to their encounter making capabilities.