Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you think blizzard is coming to the end

Comments

• SebberSebber Member Posts: 221

While you are right that the game its self is some what lacking in a lot of areas, I do not think you can call being the fastest selling PC game of all time a failure....

In short, I do not think that word means what you think it means.

The Game might not be great, but over 6 million copies sold is hardly a "Failure" infact it represents a massive success.

quote from myself where people are refering to "Diablo 3 sold alot of copies, but the game was a failure in the eyes of the players.".

I know the game sold alot of copies, and it was a succes for Blizzard.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,892
    Originally posted by darkness2468

This aint  a troll post but in reality do you think there time is over?

hardly.

What happens is that people look at the forums and the complaints and thinl that the forums represent a majority. Then the games sell many copies and rinsce and repeat.

There are people who love WoW and love Diablo and Star Craft.

This doesn't mean they will always be the highest grossing game company but there time is not over at all. It just might be over for some players.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    Originally posted by darkness2468

This aint  a troll post but in reality do you think there time is over?

What a company that probally makes billinos every year?

In one word... NO

Do I like their games... Only blizzard game i really enjoyed was the D1 and D2 the rest of their games for me suck.. but it dont stop them being a massive games company..

oh i lied i totally forgot they did rock n roll racing... that was awesome

• gizmovisiongizmovision Member UncommonPosts: 16

Cata sucked... SC2 was only 1/3 of a game, and Diablo 3 was just an auction house... so Blizzard jumped the shark right after they released WOTLK...

I agree... I miss the days of getting a blizzard scratch pad in-box too...

Yet they sold like 50 million copies and its the number 1 played MP FPS game on consoles... 

Yes it sold 50 millions copies minus the 30 millions......

http://games.ign.com/articles/121/1217811p1.html

• VassagoMaelVassagoMael Member Posts: 555

No. Diablo 3 bad. Star Craft and WoW are still mega cash cows. Oh and even though Diablo 3 was bad it still sold an insane number of copies.

Free to play = content updates for the cash shop. Buy to play = content updates for the cash shop.
    Subscription = Actual content updates!

Originally posted by Souldrainer
    Cata sucked... SC2 was only 1/3 of a game, and Diablo 3 was just an auction house... so Blizzard jumped the shark right after they released WOTLK...

I don't think you understand what "jumped the shark" means.

Free to play = content updates for the cash shop. Buy to play = content updates for the cash shop.

• KalmporosKalmporos Member UncommonPosts: 293

Considering Vivendi wants to get rid of them I'd say their future doesn't look bright.

• ghost047ghost047 Member UncommonPosts: 597

In my eyes a company is on decline when they start producing a product with less and less features, quality, compelexity. All these games are succesful, bet everytime a game is launch with missing feature, they lose some customer. They know they will sell a lot because of their name and the franchise. Look at Bioware, Dragon Age 1, then Dragon Age 2 wasn't as well received, Mass Effect, the third one wasn't as good, it still sold base on the series, name and the fact that it was the series conclusion and now SWTOR, yes they have sold around 2 mil copies, so yes it's succesful, on the money side.

Get a life you freaking Gamer.....no no, you don't understand, I'm a Gamer, I have many lives!!

• Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425
    Originally posted by Sebber

Yet they sold like 50 million copies and its the number 1 played MP FPS game on consoles... 

Wait so 20 million sold isn't good? also that was from 4 months ago. 

I was mistaken though, i believe the 50 million sold number was MW2,BO and MW3 sales combined. i forget where i read the article.

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

Originally posted by VassagoMael

No. Diablo 3 bad. Star Craft and WoW are still mega cash cows. Oh and even though Diablo 3 was bad it still sold an insane number of copies.

Dude Diablo 3 isn't bad... it just hasen't recieved the "Make it awesome" expansion that D2 got that saved that game from dying.

D3 is less than 2 months old.

Originally posted by Z3R01

I was mistaken though, i believe the 50 million sold number was MW2,BO and MW3 sales combined. i forget where i read the article.

What the hell you can't just throw numbers around, yes 20 million is pretty good and i never said i wasn't.

• GorelikGorelik Member UncommonPosts: 13

Blizzard won't fail. They always have succeed in making dumb people give them money.

The cycle will continues since there is no shortage of dumb people in the world.

The next MMO will be awesome. Until people reach the end game.

Originally posted by Gorelik

Blizzard won't fail. They always have succeed in making dumb people give them money.

The cycle will continues since there is no shortage in dumb people in the world.

True, but their games are getting worse and worse.

Dude Diablo 3 isn't bad... it just hasen't recieved the "Make it awesome" expansion that D2 got that saved that game from dying.

So you are saying that it isn't bad because it doesn't have an expansion that makes it good?!?! What?

What the hell you can't just throw numbers around, yes 20 million is pretty good and i never said i wasn't.

I didn't just throw it out lol. the CoD series sold 50+ million copies... its early and i was mistaken lol. Give a guy a break man. Chill with the over serious forum wars for a second and let a dude grab a coffee lol

• AvatarBladeAvatarBlade Member UncommonPosts: 757

I am sure a lot of people still like D3 or WoW. Even if there are people who aren't too happy, blizz has a very loyal fanbase and I belive even from those that say they don't like it, there will be a lot that will buy the expansion for it. I'd say that from the 7 mil that got D3, at least 4 mil will get the expansion. MoP will also sell a lot of copies. Highly doubt blizz is comming to an end.

So you are saying that it isn't bad because it doesn't have an expansion that makes it good?!?! What?

D2 was the same. We are expecting D2 LoD awesomeness in a game thats been out for 2 months.

I think most people forget what D2 was like pre LoD. We had the same issues, we beat the game, re-leveled, farmed a bit and 90% of the players left the game until a year or two later for LoD.

• ghost047ghost047 Member UncommonPosts: 597

D2 was the same. We are expecting D2 LoD awesomeness in a game thats been out for 2 months.

I think most people forget what D2 was like pre LoD. We had the same issues, we beat the game, re-leveled, farmed a bit and 90% of the players left the game until a year or two later for LoD.

After 11 years in production and all Blizzard's money/ressources, you expect an awesome game with all the features. Same goes for SWTOR, with the game's budget, you expect a complete games with more feature than any other game.

Get a life you freaking Gamer.....no no, you don't understand, I'm a Gamer, I have many lives!!

• zipzapzipzap Member Posts: 123

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-06-29/vivendi-said-to-plan-sale-of-stake-in-activision-blizzard.html

might not affect blizzard if they managed to sell all the shares to someone else.

splitting them up maybe might? who knows....

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857
    Originally posted by BizkitNL
    Originally posted by zymurgeist

Diablo 3 wasn't a failure by any means. Don't think your represent "the players." It has two more expansions in the works.

The game launched with minium content, no PvP, major server issues and a P2W AH. how was that not a failure?

Can you please tell me what a failure is then?

Game launched with plenty of content. More than Diablo 2 had actually with more on the way. Server issues lasted all of a week. The auction house has no effect unless you choose to use it. How can a single player game be pay to win? For a single player game a failure is a game that does not sell or does not work. Failures of single player games are pretty rare. 

This have nothing to do with how bad this game was, why do you think the game have a rating of 4.1 on metacritic from the playerbase?

Because Metacritic is filled with trolls, as is every other "user review" site :).

So people hate portal since the score is 9.5, and the only reason is because the "trolls" are upvoting it?

People dont Hate valve like they hate blizzard.

Valve is considered the PC gaming savior.

Since when is Valve considered the PC gaming savior and not Blizzard?  Blizzard's games outsell theirs.

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821

While I don't think Blizzard is done by a long shot as they have an absolutely huge fan following that would buy anything they produce on brand recognition alone they have faultered a little. Blizzard used to be the RTS and Dungeon Crawl king but WoW changed that as they spent far too many years catering to that one game and lost their crown so to speak. With SC2 and D3 they have tried to reclaim their former titles but have slightly missed the mark with both games.

Does a couple of marginally successful game releases mean they are done for? Not by a long shot but Titan had better be something really special as people are already hyping it and they don't even know what it is yet. This is a recipe for disaster as the more the hype builds the more the game will have to be absolutely amazing to not let fans down.

As for the claims that D3 is the fastest selling game of all time that is a bunch of bull. Skyrim alone sold 10 million copies in just the first month of it's release beating D3 by well over 3 million copies. Skyrim sold almost 4 million of those in the first 48 hours alone. Some FPS titles on consoles sell far more than that as well. Don't get me wrong D3 did well but not nearly as well as some of the drooling fanboys in the thread would like you to believe.

Is Blizzard done? No, not even close but they have lost a certain amount of their Mojo in recent years due to their long time out of the markets they helped create. I don't like to blame WoW for the decline of the MMO market like a lot of others do but I will blame it for the decline of Blizzard as a company. Their dedication to a single game for well over 6 years has made them loose touch with the fans of the markets they helped create in the beginning. Mainly the RTS and Dungeon Crawler markets.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

Originally posted by Souldrainer
    Originally posted by BizkitNL
    Originally posted by zymurgeist

Diablo 3 wasn't a failure by any means. Don't think your represent "the players." It has two more expansions in the works.

The game launched with minium content, no PvP, major server issues and a P2W AH. how was that not a failure?

Can you please tell me what a failure is then?

Game launched with plenty of content. More than Diablo 2 had actually with more on the way. Server issues lasted all of a week. The auction house has no effect unless you choose to use it. How can a single player game be pay to win? For a single player game a failure is a game that does not sell or does not work. Failures of single player games are pretty rare. 

This have nothing to do with how bad this game was, why do you think the game have a rating of 4.1 on metacritic from the playerbase?

Because Metacritic is filled with trolls, as is every other "user review" site :).

So people hate portal since the score is 9.5, and the only reason is because the "trolls" are upvoting it?

People dont Hate valve like they hate blizzard.

Valve is considered the PC gaming savior.

Since when is Valve considered the PC gaming savior and not Blizzard?  Blizzard's games outsell theirs.

Steam

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,360
    Originally posted by Gorelik

The cycle will continues since there is no shortage of dumb people in the world.

• MagnetiaMagnetia Member UncommonPosts: 1,015

Diablo 3 Expansion - Players will be cautious but may flock to it in the hopes of getting something out of Diablo 3 or be bitterly disappointed again. They can't afford to make the expansion bad. Also they have to fix the current game first.

Heart of the Swarm - People are familiar with Starcraft already and its engine is fully developed. The production costs of this game can be shifted to making everything a little better. People will buy this. I know I will but it may be after the price goes down. The story of the cast are still memorable and I know I still love the Starcraft storyline. I hope this goes well

Mists of Pandaria - Although WoW is bleeding subs it still retains a massive playerbase. It may make less money now but it certainly still makes money. The majority of players already invested in the game WILL buy the expansion because everyone else is. Peer pressure is powerful.

I can't say Blizzard is as innovative as it used to be. While they can boast about the superior graphics of their games they have lost touch with what makes a game worth playing. They really need to take a look at themselves as developers and try to re-establish their identity in the gaming community. It's turned into an ugly money hungry beast that's all about profit and not the game. Even if it wasn't their intention this is what players are starting to feel. They used to be great storytellers with snippet of lore that drew you ever deeper into their imagined worlds. Warcraft 2 wasn't about the graphics. It was about imagining the struggle in Azeroth and turning the tides of battle in your favor.

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?