Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So it was a successful launch?

Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713

Seems like the anti-TSW trolls have gotten quiet since the game launched successfully and most people are very happy with their purchase so far.

I know i am very happy. How about you?

Comments

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

Imho, extremely successful launch. Easily the best in the history of the company.

FunCom deserves to be proud this go around, they created an amazing game, and took all steps possible to try and ensure things were as polished and stable come early access as they could. It's very noticeable just how much effort they put in compared to previous titles/launches, they have really redeemed themselves in my eyes.

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001

One of the smoothest launches I've seen through my MMO career, which includes about twenty-so titles from Meridian 59 forward.

• Poison_AdelePoison_Adele Member CommonPosts: 287
    Originally posted by Kost

Imho, extremely successful launch. Easily the best in the history of the company.

To be honest that is not saying much.

That said, I've still got my eyes on this one and am curious what people say a few months on. People reached the endgame of TERA pretty quickly and reported back on how empty it is, so I'm waiting to see how long it takes for people to report back on how much content there is for TSW. I personally don't have any interest in TSW's endgame (since I hate the content) but would be happy to hear that there's enough content to justify box price and a few months of subs.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

FunCom deserves to be proud this go around, they created an amazing game, and took all steps possible to try and ensure things were as polished and stable come early access as they could. It's very noticeable just how much effort they put in compared to previous titles/launches, they have really redeemed themselves in my eyes.

The best in the history of the company is not so impressing but it is still good to hear. I think I might move the date I will try it from a year away to 6 months (I have gotten allergic against bugs lately). :)

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591

Ignoring what you like or dislike about the game itself, I believe the launch was pretty much flawless

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257

It was a great launch imo and far better than I dared to hope. Been playing since head start and so far I have encountered only a few quest bugs which have been fixed very fast.

• wasim470wasim470 Member Posts: 243

Yes it was a successful launch, still the game it self is not the best :)

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

It was right up there with Rift and LOTRO as one of the smoothest launches I've ever been a part of. Nary a hiccup in sight since early access.

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

To those saying that "it isn't saying much by claiming it is the best launch in the history of the company", I disagree wholeheartedly. It is everything.

The fact that this launch has been such a reversal of how a FunCom launch usually goes speaks volumes about how the company is trying to change for the better. They have been listening to our complaints over the years, and instead of glossing over them or just taking a route they consider to be "best", they have actually taken our thoughts and concerns into consideration this time and utilized that feedback to put out a quality product that, at this stage of development, is light years ahead of any other title they have ever produced.

I don't understand how anyone could possibly find this hard to grasp. Actions speak louder than words, and all one has to do is play the game to see the fruit of those actions brought to life. If you've ever played a FunCom title it should be dreadfully apparent when you login to TSW just how drastically they have improved.

• KhinRuniteKhinRunite Member Posts: 879

It was a successful launch indeed. The smoothness of TSW's launch even warrants recognition due to Funcom's track record alone. I'm glad that the days of launching half-baked MMO's is starting to move out. With Rift, Tera, and now TSW we can only hope that this is the new standard for MMO launches.

• Miner-2049erMiner-2049er Member Posts: 435

I had also pretty much assumed the launch would be dreadful as it is Failcom.

Hold on a minute!

I think they may have finally put the fun into Funcom. I had expected a train wreck but I've been shocked by the first few days playing. Whatever you think of the game the launch is clearly successful. Yes, it really does work. 

• KnaveSkyeKnaveSkye Member UncommonPosts: 137

To those saying that "it isn't saying much by claiming it is the best launch in the history of the company", I disagree wholeheartedly. It is everything.

The fact that this launch has been such a reversal of how a FunCom launch usually goes speaks volumes about how the company is trying to change for the better. They have been listening to our complaints over the years, and instead of glossing over them or just taking a route they consider to be "best", they have actually taken our thoughts and concerns into consideration this time and utilized that feedback to put out a quality product that, at this stage of development, is light years ahead of any other title they have ever produced.

I don't understand how anyone could possibly find this hard to grasp. Actions speak louder than words, and all one has to do is play the game to see the fruit of those actions brought to life. If you've ever played a FunCom title it should be dreadfully apparent when you login to TSW just how drastically they have improved.

I think you missed the point of this one. If the previous launches are terrible, then a mediocre launch would still be the "best" one yet. Im not saying anything about TSW because I know next to nothing, but having played their other games I fully understand this statement. 

• sfc1971sfc1971 Member UncommonPosts: 421

Compared with what?

With Dark&Light? Yes.

With Lotro? No.

With Age of Conan? Pretty much the same, no tradepost.

This industry has had some disasters masquarading as launches but also some nice and smooth ones.

Anyway, WoW was far from smooth and that game sure didn't suffer from it.

• eyceleycel Member Posts: 1,334

Its nice to see the support that the game has goton to kick it off, the real factor with this game is how are people going to react to the game after playing it a few months. 

I think a mmo in my eyes is a sucessfull one with me as a single player when I can look back on the time I spend on it and remember fond and fun expierences that I will remember for ever.  If you have those feelings and expierences with the game even if it ended not the way you wanted it I think its still a sucess, thats how Ill remember TSW.  

I played hundreads of hours in beta and posted hundreads of replies in the beta forums as well as bug reports and pushed the envolpe as far as I could with Funcom to get there game the best it could be for launch as did many of us here at mmorpg.  

Anyway heres to hoping people can find moments and expierence fond and fun times in TSW as I did, Im to pooped tho to continue playing it currently, so Ill have to wait a bit till Im reinvigorated by either a new laptop(I almost pulled the trigger on a 740.00$ alienware m14xr2, just like the one in my signature and avatar but I need to save my money) for my self which would certainly do the trick or some thing else.  

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Originally posted by Poison_Adele

To be honest that is not saying much.

That said, I've still got my eyes on this one and am curious what people say a few months on. People reached the endgame of TERA pretty quickly and reported back on how empty it is, so I'm waiting to see how long it takes for people to report back on how much content there is for TSW. I personally don't have any interest in TSW's endgame (since I hate the content) but would be happy to hear that there's enough content to justify box price and a few months of subs.

I'd guess you're a "the glass is half-empty" kind of person ? image

Over the years, the MMO players have constantly and loudly complained that levelling takes too long. So developers made it easier and easier.

However, development speed has stayed fairly constant, so games still pretty much launch with the same amount of content that they did 5 or 10 years ago. Except now players burn through content in 1-2 months due to fast levelling speeds. Then they complain constantly and loudly because there is no "endgame content"....

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

Probally the best launch I have been a part of and I have been playing MMORPGs since the launch of EQ.. I msut admit I was not around for Rifts launch as i got bored of the game in beta but that was suppose to be good as well..

But yeah TSW was a very good launch and its an awesome game to boot, well worth the box price and sub..

• 7star7star Member Posts: 405

A couple of bugged quests. As of this morning, I had to pause on tier 5/5 of Runway Lights, for example. But the awesomeness of this game far outweighs stuff like that for me, so far. I'm hoping they will fix those things ASAP. I have plenty of other stuff to do, while I wait on that.

So, yeah. I'm extremely satisfied.

EDIT: Let me re-phrase that last bit: I'm fucking stoked out of my mind on this awesome fucking game!!!

• paul43paul43 Member UncommonPosts: 198

Great launch, ofcourse, there's no trader yet, and when I try to do crafting and splitting stacks, crafting materials tend to become invisible... there's a few bugs etc.

Most worying is that the game has been 20-25 on Xfire since the 29th basicly, not improved much after release. Diablo 3 is played 10 times as much at Xfire for example.

If it dosen't improve more, it can't possibly have sold more than 400-500k copies.

• Tonin109Tonin109 Member Posts: 201
    Originally posted by Fendel84M

Seems like the anti-TSW trolls have gotten quiet since the game launched successfully and most people are very happy with their purchase so far.

I know i am very happy. How about you?

what do you call successful?

• skullquakerskullquaker Member UncommonPosts: 311

well played funcom  done some thing right   if its still going strong in 6 months i will  pick it up i did like the look of the game i do want to give it a go

• lifeordinarylifeordinary Member Posts: 646

I havent played a lot of MMOS. GW1, Rift and SWTOR. So i don't know if it is most successful but i will sureply put TSW launch up there with Rift. And i am a huge Rift fan.

• KenzeKenze Member UncommonPosts: 1,217

the launch was successful.

the game?

to early to tell.

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    —Lao-Tze

• BlackWatchBlackWatch Member UncommonPosts: 972

All in all, the launch has been 'issue-free' for me.  I've really enjoyed the game thus far.  Granted, I haven't hit 'the wall' that others say they have (where the game is just too hard to solo). 

This may not be the main game that I play... but I think this is something I'll certainly play and keep on the side.

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993

Broken quests and broken skills. The farther away from the start I get, the more I run into broken quests. Now I ran into an issue with my character build, where one of my resource builder skills is bugged and does no damage. My main character story quest is bugged so I'm essentially stuck in one zone, since I need to finish my main story in order to move to the next zone.

So yea, it was successful launch in a sense that there were no serious server issues but sadly the game was released unfinished.

• Atlan99Atlan99 Member UncommonPosts: 1,332
    Originally posted by heartless

Broken quests and broken skills. The farther away from the start I get, the more I run into broken quests. Now I ran into an issue with my character build, where one of my resource builder skills is bugged and does no damage. My main character story quest is bugged so I'm essentially stuck in one zone, since I need to finish my main story in order to move to the next zone.

So yea, it was successful launch in a sense that there were no serious server issues but sadly the game was released unfinished.

You sure it's bugged?

What builder are you talking about?

I have finished the first two story quest chains. So I might be able to help.