Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Phantasy Star Online 2: Japanese Open Beta Preview

2»

Comments

• ElboneElbone Member UncommonPosts: 87

Lisa, dat female Cast....nuff said, im sold.

• Cypt1Cypt1 Member UncommonPosts: 283

I'm enjoying this far more than I did Phantasy Star Universe. Not quite as much as the original PSO, but PSO2 is an awesome game nonetheless. For those of you who want to play but need some guides, check out this helpful resource, which has guides for everything from registering an account to navigating the in game menus and quests: http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-guide-list/

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999

please could someone answer a question to someone uninitiated.

does this game have any tying in with the SPRPGs of the same name that i remember so fondly on the genesis?

i still get tears in my eye when i think of Nei

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• odinsrathodinsrath Member UncommonPosts: 814

1. is that a cell phone next to system req.?

and 2. will it possibly be on ps3?

i rly hope they tweeked the combat / camera angles ..it was a bit twitchy / annoying in the pev. versions of the game...and i rly hope it does well and opens the door to more sci-fi type fantacy mmorpgs

• thinktank001thinktank001 Member UncommonPosts: 2,144

I was excited until they mentioned the business model.  Not gonna start another P2W game.  

• KwanseiKwansei Member UncommonPosts: 334

Have to say PSO got me into MMORPGs back in the day (before I tried UO and EQ1) and I love th world. I still dream of a wonderful PS-based RP server... that would be my dream MMO.

• MataOCDMataOCD Member Posts: 54

The itself looks awesome!

• MeowheadMeowhead Member UncommonPosts: 3,716
    Originally posted by itchmon

please could someone answer a question to someone uninitiated.

does this game have any tying in with the SPRPGs of the same name that i remember so fondly on the genesis?

i still get tears in my eye when i think of Nei

Yes, it's set in the same universe.  Still has Dark Falz as the badguy, though it's so many thousands of thousands of years later, hahahaha.  More like the futuristic parts of the Phantasy Star games, than the medeival parts.

Still has the same spell and item names though, and Newman is one of the three races. :)

• rodierrodier Member UncommonPosts: 38

I tried PSo on Xbox 360 some time ago (beta) and its worst mmo game ever. Its not even MMO.. its like guild wars 1, graphic lobby (some building) where u grab quest, buy items.. and going to instanced rooms where u do it.

ROOMS, yes rooms.. every time it was like 1-3 rooms was 1 full instance. 1 room 1 mob. it was really horrible. I think PSO2 will maybe have some exteriors, but still..

PSO is shit and ALL who in this topic says something like "pso was cool" or "back in days in dreamcast" .. people.. stop dreaming. IT just nostalgia, nothing else. PSO can be great back in 199x but now? when we have games like UO, Wow, darkfall and others? games with HUGE world, endless skill system, FPS AIM combat, thousands of enemies, nice animations, story, CGI movies?

Im reapeating self, but again. Phantasy Star are worst games ever. Going in to rooms killing few mobs.. that you call mmorpg?

If you want quality story - go Secret World.
    if you want quality world - go wow
    if u want quality pvp - go darkfall or other sandbox games

but PSO ? why will anyone go into this game? Just for old memories? Name? It have shit graphic and shit system. Shit not existing world with rendered empty rooms with few mobs. THATS ALL

Rodier, icq 10905813

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Originally posted by rodier

I tried PSo on Xbox 360 some time ago (beta) and its worst mmo game ever. Its not even MMO.. its like guild wars 1, graphic lobby (some building) where u grab quest, buy items.. and going to instanced rooms where u do it.

ROOMS, yes rooms.. every time it was like 1-3 rooms was 1 full instance. 1 room 1 mob. it was really horrible. I think PSO2 will maybe have some exteriors, but still..

who want play instanced solo game and pay for it 15 eur/month ? and with that ugly graphic ? Yes I know there are games like DDO or GW1 but they are beautiful and have many mobs.. and nice system..
    PSO is shit.

I liked it. That is all your opinion. You cannot say nobody wants to play it. It was a limited game upon release, it did quite well on the xbox 360 actually, I remember when I couldn't even go into certain channels because of how many people were in there. It wasn't 15 a month either, it was only 9.99$ a month.

• Heinz130Heinz130 Member Posts: 227

Another instancing/questing themepark?

WoW 4ys,EVE 4ys,EU 4ys
    FH1942 best tanker for 4years
    Playing WWII OL for some years untill now
    many other for some months

• birdycephonbirdycephon Member UncommonPosts: 1,314

It looks just like every other MMO out.

• VarkingVarking Member UncommonPosts: 542

One of the differences between this and "any other MMO out there", us that this will be available on the PS Vita, iPhone/iPod/iPad, and even Android devices. Click here for the initial news regarding it.

• omidusomidus Member UncommonPosts: 99

srsly cash for respec? that better not make it to the NA version.

• BandanaSentaroBandanaSentaro Member Posts: 3
    I will play it and translate it using my phone