Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

F2P games are EXPENSIVE!

14567810»

Comments

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by centkin

Well you see, if a FTP game had a spending cap of $35 per month (double the normal subscription) then a lot more people would actually pay that $35.  It is the people spending $350+ that turn those $35 spenders off -- as the playing field is not at all equal at that point.  But I wonder just what percentage of the money coming into a FTP comes from people who spend say $350 or more per month on the FTP game.  I have this sneaking suspicion that it may be a higher percentage than people realize.  I mean it doesnt take all that many $2,000 per month whales to marginalize the contributions of the normal player who isnt free-riding.

To bring you up to speed:

in most f2p games, 10-15% spend money, 1% of that 10-15% spend a LOT of money. That's pretty much consistent across f2p games. 

No one wants your 35 dollar spending cap guy - he wouldn't be there to have fun, just to make sure others aren't having more fun than him. Both players and devs can do without that guy. 

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre