Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I think i just got robbed by Funcom

UPDATE: have recieved a new email informing me that my money has been refunded, thanks for the support guys :)

Hey

So i was a closed beta tester in The Secret World and got the offer to preorder and get bonus points equal to the value of my preorder which ofc i took advantage of.

The offer email seid this and i copy right from the email:

This offer is only available on your account until 10th June 2012. You will of course also receive all the pre-order rewards, such as an in-game pet, a ring which increases experience gain, early access to the live game and much more!

Now yesterday the early access started and i loged in expecting to have my bonus points rdy to be spent but there weere none on my account and all my guild mates got theirs, ok i thought ill just contact support and they will fix this, damn i was in for a rude awakening, after like 10 email of them saying i wasnt elligible for the points i got this email from them:

Greetings,

In the email you were given, it states "This offer is only available on your account until 6th June 2012." As you have also stated, you ordered the game on 7th June 2012. Unfortunately, this makes you ineligible for the bonus points offer. I apologize for the inconvenience. If you have any additional questions, please reply to this email so we can further assist you.

Regards,

GM Khelandros

Now can someone spot the difference betwenn that and the quote from the original offer up top? if you can your obviously brighter then funcoms support.

I feel seriously robbed by funcom atm, sry you all had to read my raging but im just so angry atm.

UPDATE: so i now recieved this email from them:

Greetings,

Thank you for contacting Funcom Customer Support.

I'm sorry for the misinformation. It appears the offer was only good for preorders made the first five days after receiving the email about the bonus points offer. Unfortunately, that means that you don't qualify for the offer. I'm sorry for the inconvenience, and hope that you continue to enjoy the launch of the Secret World!

Regards,

GM Ruubles

HOWEVER the email offer was sent on 5th June and i ordered on 7th so agein im wondering what they are getting at here.

UPDATE: some ppl claim the offer was sent the 1st or didnt run until 10th so here you go:

http://i1065.photobucket.com/albums/u384/lethionn/mail.png

Update: i have just recieved another email from them:

Your ticket has been resolved. If you continue to experience the issue for which you have contacted us for support, please reply to this mail with more information to reopen your ticket.

If you encounter a different issue, please open a new ticket at

http://help.funcom.com rather than replying to this mail.

Thank you for contacting Funcom Customer Service.

Regards,

GM Neightt

Funcom Customer Service

So i thought i had my points now but NOPE i was just BANNED.

UPDATE: posting the emails + my acc page with banned status just so ppl can see them for themselves:

http://i1065.photobucket.com/albums/u384/lethionn/m1.png

http://i1065.photobucket.com/albums/u384/lethionn/m2.png

http://i1065.photobucket.com/albums/u384/lethionn/m3.png

http://i1065.photobucket.com/albums/u384/lethionn/Banned.png

UPDATE: have recieved a new email informing me that my money has been refunded, thanks for the support guys :)

Comments

• dorugudorugu Member UncommonPosts: 184

understandable aint tht what they call abit of false advertising?

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720

Cant you just send funcom a copy of the email they sent you with the June 10th date in it?

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• ZooceZooce Member Posts: 586

Assuming none of this is fabricated, terrible handling of customer service by Funcom.

• RuinalRuinal Member Posts: 195

I remember buying an expansion for Anarchy Online. The assholes made me pay to reactivate my account to apply to expansion, and naturally I didn't get any 'free' subscription time with it either. They certainly are money grubbing bastards alright.

• TurtleDudeTurtleDude Member Posts: 11

This can happen a lot of the time what they probably did was have it till the 10th, but due too things happening the made that date roll back making the ending date the 7th instead. Do to this they can say that but the thing is they never had too send a E-mail to you making it were you had to watch there "News" for this information.

Ya I had something like this happen too me before it wasnt this game but it was another game about 5 or so years ago, tho I got the stuff they did promise after over 1,000 players that did tha same as me and sent E-mails too them. (they made a typo in the broadcast E-mail)

• LethionnLethionn Member Posts: 13

Original post updated with newest email from Funcom, now it gets even stranger.

• PanthienPanthien Member UncommonPosts: 559
    Originally posted by Lethionn

Hey

So i was a closed beta tester in The Secret World and got the offer to preorder and get bonus points equal to the value of my preorder which ofc i took advantage of.

The offer email seid this and i copy right from the email:

This offer is only available on your account until 10th June 2012. You will of course also receive all the pre-order rewards, such as an in-game pet, a ring which increases experience gain, early access to the live game and much more!

Now yesterday the early access started and i loged in expecting to have my bonus points rdy to be spent but there weere none on my account and all my guild mates got theirs, ok i thought ill just contact support and they will fix this, damn i was in for a rude awakening, after like 10 email of them saying i wasnt elligible for the points i got this email from them:

Greetings,

In the email you were given, it states "This offer is only available on your account until 6th June 2012." As you have also stated, you ordered the game on 7th June 2012. Unfortunately, this makes you ineligible for the bonus points offer. I apologize for the inconvenience. If you have any additional questions, please reply to this email so we can further assist you.

Regards,

GM Khelandros

Now can someone spot the difference betwenn that and the quote from the original offer up top? if you can your obviously brighter then funcoms support.

I feel seriously robbed by funcom atm, sry you all had to read my raging but im just so angry atm.

Hate to say it but I have my doubts about your story, in every single add Ive seen/found they rever to the ring as "A unique in-game ring which increases the experience you receive in the earlier parts of the game " . Not ruling anything out though.

I also see no mention about FC points in your copy-paste quote.

You did get the early access, pet, ring and Tshirt right?

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159

Geez, why don't they just hand over the rewards and be done with it?  Isn't that the way decent customer service works?  When it doubt, err on the side of customer satisfaction?  Rather than waste time and money alienating a customer, arguing over digital bric-a-brac?

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• ItsMeAgainItsMeAgain Member Posts: 10

Hey

*a lot of crap*

HOWEVER the email offer was sent on 5th June and i ordered on 7th so agein im wondering what they are getting at here.

The email was sent out on june 1st, just stop lying and accept you where to late to pre-order to be eligible for

"

Your closed beta account for The Secret World is eligible for a very special offer

"

• WicoaWicoa Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

Your account works right? You have no issues running the game? Then sense says to me you were not robbed you just didnt in their eyes qualify for a "bonus" whether thats fair to you or not.

Now take my case, my retailer zavvi did not even provide me a pre-order key in time that they stated in their advertising.  I am not shedding a tear I am just issuing a refund with them.

If you don't like the game or feel so damaged by this then I suggest you ask for a refund as a course of action.  However since I think you have already played then that course of action maybe void.  You can however vote with your wallet and not sub next month.

As I see it, those are your options.  Trying to provide sensible advice on these forums though tends to get mauled by  destructive posters in a flash.

Originally posted by ItsMeAgain

Hey

*a lot of crap*

The email was sent out on june 1st, just stop lying and accept you where to late to pre-order to be eligible for

"

Your closed beta account for The Secret World is eligible for a very special offer

"

For your veiwing pleasure:

http://i1065.photobucket.com/albums/u384/lethionn/mail.png

clearly says its valid until 10th and it was sent on 5th.

• TruthXHurtsTruthXHurts Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

I'd jus tinform them that they can either giv eyou what you signed up fo ror issue you a refund, and take yoru business elsewhere. If you still want to play even though you're not happy with the outcome then swallow your pride and ejoy the game. These companies will only listen to $ signs.

"I am not in a server with Gankers...THEY ARE IN A SERVER WITH ME!!!"

Contact live support, that ussually works great to get issues fixed. Right or wrong, robbed still is a way too big a word for the issue.

Update: i have just recieved another email from them:

Your ticket has been resolved. If you continue to experience the issue for which you have contacted us for support, please reply to this mail with more information to reopen your ticket.

If you encounter a different issue, please open a new ticket at

http://help.funcom.com rather than replying to this mail.

Thank you for contacting Funcom Customer Service.

Regards,

GM Neightt

Funcom Customer Service

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

I shouldn't laugh but i can't help it image

Banned? Im sorry but to actually do get banned you ussuallly have to go through quite some lenghts , Im curious what did you get banned for.

• QuailmanQuailman Member Posts: 165

You were banned from the game?

Consume. Be silent. Die.

• SlickShoesSlickShoes Member UncommonPosts: 1,019

I can't make any sense of this, at what point did you get banned and why?

• GeridenGeriden Member UncommonPosts: 390

If  people never learn from the past, they wont live to see the future. 

Never trust funcom. 

I got banned around the time the last email saying the issue was resolved arrived, havent heard enything els so i have no idea why i was banned, and yes my entire Funcom account was banned.

Cant get my points, cant get refund, i get emails that clearly have wrong info in them and i get banned. its not my day it realy just isnt.

• joker007mojoker007mo Member Posts: 712
    Originally posted by Vhaln

Geez, why don't they just hand over the rewards and be done with it?  Isn't that the way decent customer service works?  When it doubt, err on the side of customer satisfaction?  Rather than waste time and money alienating a customer, arguing over digital bric-a-brac?

this exactly even if he is lying what sense does it make to argue he will be more likely to buy more if just handed his points and if he does it alot then he is banned which maybe the case here dk

• quesyquesy Member Posts: 50

Dont do Funcom, they are always robbing their customers! Just look at Conan!

• HurvartHurvart Member Posts: 565

It is fraud. Why would anyone accept this? Continue to e-mail them. Tell them they are wrong and that you are right....

• aslan132aslan132 Member UncommonPosts: 619
    Originally posted by Geriden

If  people never learn from the past, they wont live to see the future. 

Never trust funcom. 

This ^^^

Fool me once, shame on them (AO)

Fool me twice, shame on me (AOC)

If youre still around to get fooled the 3rd time, well life is going to be very hard for you. I dont see Funcom being liable for anything at this point. They gave you plenty of reasons to not buy this game, and yet people still beleive in giving them the benefit of the doubt. 

Its a really fun game, the combat is sorely lacking, and the "skill points" is still a shrouded way of giving you leveling progress. The quests are actually fun and inventive. 

But really, box price, sub, and cash shop... in this day and age of the MMO industry. Nice try Funcom. Ill see you in 6 months when youre talking F2P just like SWTOR. When will you learn. If other AAA offerings are free, yours doesnt warrant a subscription, no exceptions.

• QuailmanQuailman Member Posts: 165

Well, if what you say is true, just do a chargeback through your credit card company. If you used a debit card to preorder, then it's gonna be much harder to get a refund, but it should be a lesson to not use your debit card for these types of purchases in the future.

Consume. Be silent. Die.

This discussion has been closed.