Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CrossRealm zones, Another Blizzard fail

2»

Comments

• WicoaWicoa Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

Yeh I have to agree for several reasons this is pretty fail by blizzard, they are increasing the competion in the lower zones for everything e.g quest mobs, resources like mining nodes and for people who farm and hunt rares.

This combines with the fact that there are 0 benefits to the player ZERO.  If this games was group heavy for levelling I would disagree its fantastic and would be in a game like city of heroes.  Where grouping for xp bonuses is highly beneficial and in good groups it is king full stop.

The downsides:

Resources taken will only benefit one realm

People you may decide to talk to in this predominantly solo levelling game, may never see again and certainly won't be able to join their guild.

Oh and lets get to you not being able to quest because quite possibly 85s will be farming for cloth or other stuff they need for example for their new monks first aid.

---------

I play wow I like wow I have bought mop and I am normaly supportive but this is their worst idea since real id.  They are trying to mask low populated server.... by making the lower zones more competitive without any benefits.

This is nothing except trying to increase the time grind. Which is as dumb as horse shit.

/rant off.

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919

"The real game doesn't begin until max level"

So why are there levels then?

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Uhm, while some of OPs issues seems a bit off I got one question: Why?

Why do they spend this much work instead of just merging the servers as everyone knows have been due for years?

I mean, the solution do work but not as well as server merges. Just close the lowest 10% and move the players to other servers, and add in a free server transfer. Worked in EQ2 and almost every other MMO.

They could use this work to add more content to the game instead.

• WicoaWicoa Member UncommonPosts: 1,637
    Originally posted by Loke666

Why do they spend this much work instead of just merging the servers as everyone knows have been due for years?

I mean, the solution do work but not as well as server merges. Just close the lowest 10% and move the players to other servers, and add in a free server transfer. Worked in EQ2 and almost every other MMO.

Many believe and I do to that there are 2 reasons:

1) blizzard do not want the bad press associated with merging servers.

2) blizzard earn way too much profit from paid transfers, the cost is double a months sub and is an automated service.  These "services" and store digital products make up for any subscriptions lost.

Preachers predicting the doom of wow will never win, no product can ever kill it off because they will just release more store stuff and keep services prices the same... voila profit is up or still the same.  In order for a change to happen people need to stop paying for this kind of stuff, I paid I think once but I won't again I will just rereoll on another server like I have done recently.

This to me is one of the stupidest things they have clung onto, they need to just pull their sleeves up and get on with some mergers.  Instead they come up with this crap to make the world seem fuller yet you still can't find a guild on the low pop servers. HOGWASH I SAY HOGWASH.

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

The problem isn't population, the problem is population at low levels.  Merging servers isn't going to fix this problem really, and  all a server merge would do is increase the number of 85s, which really isn't needed.  On medium pop servers the longest you'll ever wait for a raid at 85 (before the last patch, noone raids right now cuz mop is around the corner hehe) is about 15 minutes, and that's on a slow day, off-peak time, and as DPS.  Blizzard made it so if you make an alt, you won't level up by yourself, you'll have others around you in the same zone.  WoW doesn't need server merges unless there is a lack of players at all levels...and there definitely isn't.

Unless you're leveling an alt, this really isn't going to effect you much anyways.

• AusareAusare Member Posts: 850
    I love how the op and a lot of oeople whine about pvp. Go to census data pve has 3x more oeople than pvp servers. Face it op and others...open world pvp is not as popular and will be the step child in all but niche games.
  • tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192
    Originally posted by nyxxis
    Originally posted by Pocahinha
    Originally posted by citalkay

The game was dead to me and many other people the second cataclysm hit.

This.

This +1

its very much alive to A LOT more people.

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192
    Originally posted by kadepsyson

"The real game doesn't begin until max level"

So why are there levels then?

to give you something to work on while they tap your wallet.

• JetrpgJetrpg Member UncommonPosts: 2,347
    Originally posted by OG_Zorvan
    Originally posted by Thane

and you still think wow is a pvp game?

that's the biggest fail in this thread dude ^^

WoW never was supposed to be a PvP game, it's quite obvious a PvE game. and THAT's why they did not fail.

if you are looking for pvp, seriously, look somewhere else. that's what most serious pvplers did ages ago :)

the cross realm zones are actually quite nice pve wise, and if you dont like em, or want to start your "pvp crew" on a pve world, just disable them, they already said there'd be an option, so maybe you just.... uh wait. i will stop it here so i dont get another useless ban hehe

Exactly.

Then again, most PvPers' are still suffering from the misinformation that PvP is somehow a main draw for mmos in general. When in reality, PvE is and always will be King.

Even when you look at every mmo out there with multiple servers and point out PvE servers outnumber PvP servers 5 to 1 ( or an even greater margin ), most PvPer's will still believe their gaming style to be "the chosen" and will cry when PvE gets way more attention.

Hell, look at the "behemoths" of the two playstyles.

WoW is the PvE champion, and EvE is the PvP champion.

Both are "flukes" in their respective areas, each outweighing their respective peers by an overwhelming margin.

WoW, the PvE champ, has multiple millions. EvE, the PvP champ, has never even come close to breaking a million. <--That says it all really.

Oh wow you guys are gems.

You realize this change = your level 20 will be ganked over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and again by level 85-90s.

Thats great for both pvp and pve... not. Use that organ within your skull and end your feckless ways.

"Society in every state is a blessing, but government even in its best state is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one ..." - Thomas Paine

• pmaurapmaura Member UncommonPosts: 530

well wow jumped the shark with me is when they allowed paladins and shamans on both sides.

but dont even dare say diablo 3 is a failure and unless you tell me what your deination of failure is, 3.5million copies sold at launch aint bad and made a lot of a people a lot of money.

I do miss vanilla wow, but the issue is more representive of all mmos except eve. eventually you never hae a reason to go back to a zone and then your max level. so they become quiet.

• Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

I couldn't care less about this WoW topic. 

However I do have something to say about the Diablo 3 comment the OP made.

The hardest difficulty in a ARPG is not supposed to be a massive gear cock block.

It's supposed to be about fine tuning a spec and getting some (mostly easily attainable) gear to support that spec.

Diablo 3s Inferno is broken, its horribly tuned and limits playstyles, builds and player creativity overall. 

Inferno acting as if its a MMO gear cock block endgame is one of the main reasons Diablo 3 is in the state that its in.

To bring up Blizzard nerfing content in Diablo 3 shows that you lack the basic understanding of what an ARPG is supposed to be. 

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,047
    Originally posted by Loke666

I think part of the issue is that these CRZ are similar to the battlegroups in that they have several servers joining together.  If you merged all of the servers that you are using for the CRZ it could create lag problems for those at the top.  For example if you have 5 servers as part of these CRZ's and you have 1000 people combined to one server of 5000.  This may be too many for the server to handle, and instead they have it made to where only in leveling zones is it CRZ thus putting more players together where it is needed.  Since the population is so top heavy, many of the servers they are doing this for don't need more level 85 players, they need more level 1-80 players.  While merging those servers would throw together all the 1-80 players, they would also throw together all of the level 85 players which the servers may not be able to handle.

• arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581

So now players QQ about guards which is suppose to let players form a group and tackle it, the guards?

Is forming a group in an MMO such a weird and distance ridiculous idea to current gen of players???

Than why you play a mmo in the first place?

I really dont unerstand the hate when blizz is now bring back Vanilla wow which tons of players have cry for...

RIP Orc Choppa

• pedrostrikpedrostrik Member UncommonPosts: 396
    Originally posted by Citalkay

The game was dead to me and many other people the second cataclysm hit.

the game died for me once WoTLK hit's, its pure piece of crap and worst of all you must pay everymonth and every expansion, go blizzard greeders