Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

XAPGames DSR Project Design Conversation

KenFisherKenFisher Northwest, INPosts: 5,035Member Uncommon

Quick background:  I'm recruiting volunteer consultants to help me pull together a design.  I'm looking to use this thread as a place to kick around discussion of the design prior to the opening of the official forum.

DSR is a hybrid of First Person Shooter RPGs (sci-fi) with typical MMORPG environments and a touch of Morrowind style free roaming RPG gameplay.

edit:  I'm pulling the design doc to re-write it.  I'll post back when I have it reworked.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.

Comments

• KenFisherKenFisher Northwest, INPosts: 5,035Member Uncommon

Woot!  Trademark search came back clean.

Introducing Deep Space Rangers.

Web site is under construction and will take a few days to be completed.  It has the most current information.

NOTE: If anyone stumbles into this post, the game is currently pre-alpha and isn't playable.  I'm working on gathering feedback and suggestions on the design.  There are many areas that don't have details worked out.

I'm taking advantage of things being rather quiet at the moment and working out technical details with the engine.  I'm pushing back starting the consultant work for a couple weeks as I get these resolved.  It's going well, and I'm still on schedule for a fall closed alpha.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.