Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How stupid.... don't consider students?

Comments

• nadrian3knadrian3k Member UncommonPosts: 101

Pathetic thread.

• hundejahrehundejahre Member Posts: 339

1. Lots of students don't go back to school until the 2nd week in September.
    2. Students are notorious for cutting class when a new game comes out (I had a class that was only a little more than 1/2 full when the last Black Ops game came out).
    3. For those college kids heading back, it's the PERFECT time, because you'll have your financial aid money, so you can actually BUY the game.

• gjaxongjaxon Member UncommonPosts: 8
    Originally posted by bwinthehouse

Wow, I forgot that my audience here was bitter unemployed college grads who can player this game any time of the year because they do not have a job. I speak for the majority and younger part of the community when I say that this release date is horrible. How did they chose this one in the board room? Did they not consider that a majority of their buyers would be extremely stressed out with starting school again? Such a bad business move, they should have considered the happiness of the majority. 

Just remember there is a good chance you will one day grow up to be one of those unemployed college grads sitting around with nothing better to do.  Especially if you are more worried about a video game than you are about your education.

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993

I see only one logical solution to this: drop out of school. This way you can play any time you want.

• jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010
    Originally posted by Kaneth

Maybe because the world doesn't revolve around students.

http://www.theesa.com/facts/index.asp

Quick note from the industry facts list:

The average game player is 30 years old and has been playing games for 12 years.

Yeah, they are releasing it at a fine time for the average gamer.

Had this copied and ready to paste in case somehow, in eleven pages, someone neglected it.  Thank you, good sir, for not letting me down.  image

• CrunkJuice2CrunkJuice2 Member Posts: 568
    Originally posted by gjaxon

Wow, I forgot that my audience here was bitter unemployed college grads who can player this game any time of the year because they do not have a job. I speak for the majority and younger part of the community when I say that this release date is horrible. How did they chose this one in the board room? Did they not consider that a majority of their buyers would be extremely stressed out with starting school again? Such a bad business move, they should have considered the happiness of the majority. 

Just remember there is a good chance you will one day grow up to be one of those unemployed college grads sitting around with nothing better to do.  Especially if you are more worried about a video game than you are about your education.

oh dont worry,with his matureness and attitude.he'll probably get a job,but it wont matter that he has a college education because anyone can flip burgers at mcdonalds

• GundricGundric Member UncommonPosts: 345

• snapfusionsnapfusion Member Posts: 954

The entitlement force is strong with this one...........

• DfixDfix Member UncommonPosts: 238
    Originally posted by heartless

I see only one logical solution to this: drop out of school. This way you can play any time you want.

Exactly what I would do. Only once will you get to experience the Awe that will be launch day. You can go back to school any time!

Vivik-Cerberus
  • L0C0ManL0C0Man Member UncommonPosts: 1,065

This launch date is horrible. It is right when the bulk of the gaming community is going to college, highschool, graduate school etc... I do not understand games that do not set up their release dates with well know college breaks and vacations. I am just disappointed because I wanted to grind this game out before I went to college, not during my first couple of days at the school were I might not even be set up to play yet. ARGH!!! This whole summer, there has not been one good game....

Two things... first, summer releases (the dates when college is out) are usually bad for companies because most college students prefer to spend their summers outside or traveling.

Second, you claim that the bulk of the gaming community is going to college or high school... yet according to the studies done by the Entertainment Software Association, the age of the average gamer is 37 years old.

BTW... just realized that next year I will become an average gamer.. yay!!!.. :)

What can men do against such reckless hate?

• CrunkJuice2CrunkJuice2 Member Posts: 568

37 years old?

man,i thought i was old for playing video games and im only 27

• DannyGloverDannyGlover Member Posts: 1,277

Originally posted by CrunkJuice2
    37 years old? man,i thought i was old for playing video games and im only 27  

noob! j/k

but seriously, I was playing Metroid and Mike Tyson's Punch Out! when you were getting burped. I got Atari games older than you ;)

I sit on a man's back, choking him and making him carry me, and yet assure myself and others that I am very sorry for him and wish to ease his lot by all possible means - except by getting off his back.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by CrunkJuice2

37 years old?

man,i thought i was old for playing video games and im only 27

You would be surprised how old some of us are! I was born and watched b&w tv and played pong! My age is perfect because all these great games are coming out now and I'm retired (sorry for those having school).  Imagine what you youg students will be saying when you are my age!

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355

What do you propose that ArenaNet should do instead?  Release the game before it is ready and have a disastrous launch?  Wait until June 2013 to release it so you can be on Summer break again?  For the latter, you do realize that you don't have to play it on launch day.  ArenaNet isn't going to launch the game and then pull the plug three months later.

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470

I've been employed full time for over 12 years now.  In that time, I've owned my own home, bought 2 brand new cars and lots of stuff I wish I hadn't.  You seem to be oblivious to the fact that the average age of gamers is around 30, meaning the majority of the GW2 fans are in their late 20's to late 30's, not people in their late teens to early 20's.  I'm happy with the release date because I'll be on vacation over that time period and can play a little more.  I'll be thinking of you  taking classes while I'm enjoying the game.  Study hard, my entitled friend, and you might make it one day.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• dadante666dadante666 Member UncommonPosts: 402
    Originally posted by p_c_sousa

this is the most useless topic i ever seen on this site !!!!

lol strongly agree

• JustsomenoobJustsomenoob Member UncommonPosts: 880

I'm sure you'll be able to find time in between those grueling 200 level political science classes to still play games.

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,551

what did you learn from this FACT college boy??

YOU DON'T ALWAYS GET YOUR WAY! Wait until you get out of school and get a real job!

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• RateroRatero Member UncommonPosts: 440

This launch date is horrible. It is right when the bulk of the gaming community is going to college, highschool, graduate school etc... I do not understand games that do not set up their release dates with well know college breaks and vacations. I am just disappointed because I wanted to grind this game out before I went to college, not during my first couple of days at the school were I might not even be set up to play yet. ARGH!!! This whole summer, there has not been one good game....

I totally agree witht he OP.  I really think that ArenaNet should have given him a call and see if their proposed release date would be in conflict with his personal schedule or not.

• Skarecrow7Skarecrow7 Member UncommonPosts: 339
    Originally posted by Kaneth

Maybe because the world doesn't revolve around students.

http://www.theesa.com/facts/index.asp

Quick note from the industry facts list:

The average game player is 30 years old and has been playing games for 12 years.

Yeah, they are releasing it at a fine time for the average gamer.

As a stay at home father, I guess that they didnt pick that date JUST for me. I even get back from vacation <?> the day before headstart. Guess I am not as special to anet as I thought.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by Rhonen

I totally agree witht he OP.  I really think that ArenaNet should have given him a call and see if their proposed release date would be in conflict with his personal schedule or not.

Oh my word, you made me relize that if it launches at midnight I will be sleeping! Damn it all!! I'm going to start a topic on this subject right now!

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• SaxonbladeSaxonblade Member Posts: 275

Maybe all our soldiers who play video games should complain as well because they are getting shot at and can't play due to being deployed so you can go to college. Seriously growup some!!!!

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,010

This launch date is horrible. It is right when the bulk of the gaming community is going to college, highschool, graduate school etc.

um ... yeah, the bulk. Not like there are generations before you who are "gamers" who play games with the same zeal AND have the disposable income to do it.

And you have the summer off. Quite frankly, I don't need to say much else because life will show you what happens "after" when you are working a full time job and have actual responsibility.

Seriously, if this is your complaint then youa are in for a huge shock.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • cesmode8cesmode8 Member UncommonPosts: 431

ARGH!!! Damnit!  Lets boycott the game!  You cant play now!

Because the game is about levels, grinding, and leveling up first...right.

• daniel!!!daniel!!! Member Posts: 400

im not back at uni til 1st october :) so i don't care haha

This discussion has been closed.